Are you considering a degree in nursing?
If you are already a full-time nurse who would like to further your vocational career by completing advanced training programs, or if you are just someone who is new to the healthcare field and is serious about going into a medical field but doesn’t have much spare time and just can’t commute to classes at a common university classroom setting, an online nursing school can be precisely what the career doctor prescribed.
Concerning brand new students willing to get started working in the medical career field, high quality internet based vocational packages and customized instruction classes are designed for attaining your new degree.
Current nurses who have already got a degree might consider taking internet-based continuing education classes and campus-based health care education that can them do a better job or even continue on to attain their master’s diploma in nursing.
Become a Registered Nurse (RN)
There are usually three ways to turn into an RN.
1. Collect your BSN (bachelors of science degree in nursing) diploma;
2. Wrap up your associates diploma in nursing;
3. Attain a completion diploma in nursing.
Your bachelor’s degree may take four years of university study actually finish, an associate degree is generally two to three years, and a nurse training diploma three years.
LPN, LVN and Online Class Options
Some men and women may want to begin with a career as a licensed practical nurse, or LPN. A majority of these individuals join job training programs which take around one year to completely finish.
LPNs attend adults and kids who have been injured, suffering, or are having problems taking care of themselves. LPNs are generally guided by RNs or physicians. Various responsibilities of the typical LPN include taking vital indicators, cleaning wounds and cuts, imparting bedside care and attention, coordinating meals and executing other types of designated assignments.
A Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) must be licensed to work through successfully finishing all the necessary education and successfully completing an examination. While a large number of LVNs are all too often required to work a varied schedule while taking good care of their patients, being a caring individual is really important in these careers.
As you get through the majority of your courses and get near graduating, almost all colleges and schools work hard to give job placement guidance and vocation growth tips.
See these good options:
As a student at South University, you will have the opportunity to learn from accomplished faculty members who have real-world experience in the subjects that they teach. Our small class sizes allow you to receive personalized attention from instructors, and the encouragement to recognize your goals for the future and the means to achieve them.
- Nursing (BS)
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- B.S. in Nursing (Registered Nurse - R.N. to B.S.N)
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (BSN to MSN-FNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Family Nurse Practitioner Track (BSN to DNP)
- And more...
Blue Cliff College was founded in New Orleans, Louisiana in 1987 with the goal of becoming one of the most respected Massage Therapy training centers in the nation. In June of 1989, the College in Louisiana received its Proprietary School License from the state. In 1998, the Continuing Education College was proud to receive accreditation from the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC). The Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) is a recognized accrediting agency by the US Department of Education.
- Clinical Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Assistant
Miller-Motte Colleges and Miller-Motte Technical Colleges comprise the Miller-Motte family of schools which is part of Ancora Education. For over a century, Miller-Motte has been a reputable leader in private career education.
- Medical Clinical Assistant
- RN to BSN
You might be interested in more diploma alternatives in Birmingham and other areas. Look for technology classes in AL.