Are you considering a degree in nursing?
If you are already a full-time nurse who would like to further your vocational career by completing advanced training programs, or if you are just someone who is new to the healthcare field and is serious about going into a medical field but doesn’t have much spare time and just can’t commute to classes at a common university classroom setting, an online nursing school can be precisely what the career doctor prescribed.
Concerning brand new students willing to get started working in the medical career field, high quality internet based vocational packages and customized instruction classes are designed for attaining your new degree.
Current nurses who have already got a degree might consider taking internet-based continuing education classes and campus-based health care education that can them do a better job or even continue on to attain their master’s diploma in nursing.
Become a Registered Nurse (RN)
There are usually three ways to turn into an RN.
1. Collect your BSN (bachelors of science degree in nursing) diploma;
2. Wrap up your associates diploma in nursing;
3. Attain a completion diploma in nursing.
Your bachelor’s degree may take four years of university study actually finish, an associate degree is generally two to three years, and a nurse training diploma three years.
LPN, LVN and Online Class Options
Some men and women may want to begin with a career as a licensed practical nurse, or LPN. A majority of these individuals join job training programs which take around one year to completely finish.
LPNs attend adults and kids who have been injured, suffering, or are having problems taking care of themselves. LPNs are generally guided by RNs or physicians. Various responsibilities of the typical LPN include taking vital indicators, cleaning wounds and cuts, imparting bedside care and attention, coordinating meals and executing other types of designated assignments.
A Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) must be licensed to work through successfully finishing all the necessary education and successfully completing an examination. While a large number of LVNs are all too often required to work a varied schedule while taking good care of their patients, being a caring individual is really important in these careers.
As you get through the majority of your courses and get near graduating, almost all colleges and schools work hard to give job placement guidance and vocation growth tips.
See these good options:
- Kaplan University Online Degree Programs
- Attend college on your terms. Kaplan University offers fully online degree programs that fit any schedule.
- MS in Nursing
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- Master of Science in Nursing - Family Nurse Practitioner, Primary Care
- And more...
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
What Are You Waiting For?
- Nursing (RN-BSN) - Bachelor's
- Nursing - Master's
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- Medical Assistant Associate's Degree
- Medical Assistant Diploma
- Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- Degree Variety: GCU offers a full-spectrum of nursing programs including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as post-master’s certificates.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Grand Canyon University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu-accreditation).
- GCU provides a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Depending on the degree you choose, you could take online, evening, or on-campus classes. Speak with an enrollment counselor to discuss your options!
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- B.S. in Nursing (Registered Nurse - R.N. to B.S.N)
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
As a student at South University, you will have the opportunity to learn from accomplished faculty members who have real-world experience in the subjects that they teach. Our small class sizes allow you to receive personalized attention from instructors, and the encouragement to recognize your goals for the future and the means to achieve them.
- Nursing (BS)
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion)
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Education
With over 80 years of academic achievements, Jacksonville University is a traditional, longstanding institution consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of America's best colleges.
- MSN Clinical Nurse Educator
- RN to BSN (licensed RNs only)
- RN to MSN in Clinical Nurse Educator
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (BSN to MSN-FNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Family Nurse Practitioner Track (BSN to DNP)
- And more...
You might be interested in more diploma alternatives in Birmingham and other areas. Look for technology classes in AL.