Are you considering a degree in nursing?
If you are already a full-time nurse who would like to further your vocational career by completing advanced training programs, or if you are just someone who is new to the healthcare field and is serious about going into a medical field but doesn’t have much spare time and just can’t commute to classes at a common university classroom setting, an online nursing school can be precisely what the career doctor prescribed.
Concerning brand new students willing to get started working in the medical career field, high quality internet based vocational packages and customized instruction classes are designed for attaining your new degree.
Current nurses who have already got a degree might consider taking internet-based continuing education classes and campus-based health care education that can them do a better job or even continue on to attain their master’s diploma in nursing.
Become a Registered Nurse (RN)
There are usually three ways to turn into an RN.
1. Collect your BSN (bachelors of science degree in nursing) diploma;
2. Wrap up your associates diploma in nursing;
3. Attain a completion diploma in nursing.
Your bachelor’s degree may take four years of university study actually finish, an associate degree is generally two to three years, and a nurse training diploma three years.
LPN, LVN and Online Class Options
Some men and women may want to begin with a career as a licensed practical nurse, or LPN. A majority of these individuals join job training programs which take around one year to completely finish.
LPNs attend adults and kids who have been injured, suffering, or are having problems taking care of themselves. LPNs are generally guided by RNs or physicians. Various responsibilities of the typical LPN include taking vital indicators, cleaning wounds and cuts, imparting bedside care and attention, coordinating meals and executing other types of designated assignments.
A Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) must be licensed to work through successfully finishing all the necessary education and successfully completing an examination. While a large number of LVNs are all too often required to work a varied schedule while taking good care of their patients, being a caring individual is really important in these careers.
As you get through the majority of your courses and get near graduating, almost all colleges and schools work hard to give job placement guidance and vocation growth tips.
See these good options:
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- B.S. in Nursing (Registered Nurse - R.N. to B.S.N)
- And more...
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- MS in Nursing
- Executive Leader Graduate Certificate
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- And more...
As a student at South University, you will have the opportunity to learn from accomplished faculty members who have real-world experience in the subjects that they teach. Our small class sizes allow you to receive personalized attention from instructors, and the encouragement to recognize your goals for the future and the means to achieve them.
- Nursing (BS)
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion)
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Education
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
As few as 20 months
Nursing@Simmons enables Registered Nurses to earn an MSN online from Simmons College and prepare to pursue certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner in as few as 20 months.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assisting
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- Medical Assistant Associate's Degree
- Medical Assistant Diploma
You might be interested in more diploma alternatives in Birmingham and other areas. Look for technology classes in AL.