Are you considering going to college for a nursing degree?
If you are already a working nurse who wants to grow your career by registering in more training classes, or if you are just someone who is new to the health care field and is serious about becoming a nurse but has personal or work responsibilities and simply can’t commute to classes at a classic college campus environment, then an online nurse training school can be just what the career doctor prescribed.
When it comes to new, prospective students wanting to get involved with the healthcare industry, suitable web-based occupational packages and specialty training courses are made for working towards your new degree.
Current nurses who currently have a diploma may take internet based continuing education instruction and classroom-based vocational training in order to them perform better at work or possibly go on in order to complete their graduate degree in health care.
Become a Registered Nurse (RN)
There are usually three paths to become an RN.
1. Acquire your BSN (bachelor’s of science diploma in nursing) diploma;
2. Earn your associate’s diploma in nursing;
3. Receive a diploma in nursing.
Your bachelor’s degree may take four years actually finish, the associate’s degree is commonly two to three years, and a nurse training diploma takes about three years.
LPN, LVN and Online Course Options
Many enrollees may choose to start with a job as a licensed practical nurse, or LPN. A majority of these attendees end up in programs which take about a year to complete.
LPNs care for folks who may be injured, sick, or are having problems taking care of themselves. They are regularly led by head nurses or medical doctors. Several activities of a typical LPN encompass taking critical signs, attending to cuts and wounds, providing bedside care and attention, scheduling meals and performing other assigned activities.
The Licensed Vocational Nurse or LVN does need to be authorized to practice through completing the appropriate education and passing an examination. Considering the majority of LVNs are commonly needed to be on the job weekends and holidays while tending to their patients, being a caring individual is really important for these jobs.
As you get through most of your courses and get close to graduation, nearly all colleges and schools work hard to provide you with employment placement assistance and career advancement guidance.
See some local schools:
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- B.S. in Nursing (Registered Nurse - R.N. to B.S.N)
- M.S. in Nursing: Health Care Informatics (Bridge)
- And more...
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- MS in Nursing
- Executive Leader Graduate Certificate
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion)
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Education
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
As few as 20 months
Nursing@Simmons enables Registered Nurses to earn an MSN online from Simmons College and prepare to pursue certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner in as few as 20 months.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Medical Assistant
Abilene Christian University is a national leader in Christian higher education and a place where students, faculty, staff and alumni make a real difference in the world.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- View Certificates, Associates or Bachelors Degree Programs in Medical Assisting Near YOU!
- Free Information for Medical Assisting, Healthcare Administration, Medical Billing, Coding & Transcription Degree Programs & MORE.
- Enter YOUR Needs and Requirements & Get Matched to the Perfect Campus or Online Degree Programs.
- Accredited, Flexible and Affordable Medical Assisting Programs that Fit Your Time & Budget. Use our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
Little Rock residents have a good deal of other education options. Look at computer science courses in AR.