Are you considering going to college for a nursing degree?
If you are already a working nurse who wants to grow your career by registering in more training classes, or if you are just someone who is new to the health care field and is serious about becoming a nurse but has personal or work responsibilities and simply can’t commute to classes at a classic college campus environment, then an online nurse training school can be just what the career doctor prescribed.
When it comes to new, prospective students wanting to get involved with the healthcare industry, suitable web-based occupational packages and specialty training courses are made for working towards your new degree.
Current nurses who currently have a diploma may take internet based continuing education instruction and classroom-based vocational training in order to them perform better at work or possibly go on in order to complete their graduate degree in health care.
Become a Registered Nurse (RN)
There are usually three paths to become an RN.
1. Acquire your BSN (bachelor’s of science diploma in nursing) diploma;
2. Earn your associate’s diploma in nursing;
3. Receive a diploma in nursing.
Your bachelor’s degree may take four years actually finish, the associate’s degree is commonly two to three years, and a nurse training diploma takes about three years.
LPN, LVN and Online Course Options
Many enrollees may choose to start with a job as a licensed practical nurse, or LPN. A majority of these attendees end up in programs which take about a year to complete.
LPNs care for folks who may be injured, sick, or are having problems taking care of themselves. They are regularly led by head nurses or medical doctors. Several activities of a typical LPN encompass taking critical signs, attending to cuts and wounds, providing bedside care and attention, scheduling meals and performing other assigned activities.
The Licensed Vocational Nurse or LVN does need to be authorized to practice through completing the appropriate education and passing an examination. Considering the majority of LVNs are commonly needed to be on the job weekends and holidays while tending to their patients, being a caring individual is really important for these jobs.
As you get through most of your courses and get close to graduation, nearly all colleges and schools work hard to provide you with employment placement assistance and career advancement guidance.
See some local schools:
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Globaldelivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing - RN to BSN
- MS in Nursing
- And more...
As few as 20 months
Nursing@Simmons enables Registered Nurses to earn an MSN online from Simmons College and prepare to pursue certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner in as few as 20 months.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
Our mission is YOUR SUCCESS!
When you succeed, we succeed. That is why we provide high-quality, specialized career preparation for all our students. Our goal is to help you find your rewarding career.
Our Mission Statement:
To provide high-quality, specialized career preparation or enhancement to meet and cope with technological changes resulting in employment and career success.
- Medical Assisting, AAS
- Medical Assisting, Diploma
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
Little Rock residents have a good deal of other education options. Look at computer science courses in AR.