Are you considering going to college for a nursing degree?
If you are already a working nurse who wants to grow your career by registering in more training classes, or if you are just someone who is new to the health care field and is serious about becoming a nurse but has personal or work responsibilities and simply can’t commute to classes at a classic college campus environment, then an online nurse training school can be just what the career doctor prescribed.
When it comes to new, prospective students wanting to get involved with the healthcare industry, suitable web-based occupational packages and specialty training courses are made for working towards your new degree.
Current nurses who currently have a diploma may take internet based continuing education instruction and classroom-based vocational training in order to them perform better at work or possibly go on in order to complete their graduate degree in health care.
Become a Registered Nurse (RN)
There are usually three paths to become an RN.
1. Acquire your BSN (bachelor’s of science diploma in nursing) diploma;
2. Earn your associate’s diploma in nursing;
3. Receive a diploma in nursing.
Your bachelor’s degree may take four years actually finish, the associate’s degree is commonly two to three years, and a nurse training diploma takes about three years.
LPN, LVN and Online Course Options
Many enrollees may choose to start with a job as a licensed practical nurse, or LPN. A majority of these attendees end up in programs which take about a year to complete.
LPNs care for folks who may be injured, sick, or are having problems taking care of themselves. They are regularly led by head nurses or medical doctors. Several activities of a typical LPN encompass taking critical signs, attending to cuts and wounds, providing bedside care and attention, scheduling meals and performing other assigned activities.
The Licensed Vocational Nurse or LVN does need to be authorized to practice through completing the appropriate education and passing an examination. Considering the majority of LVNs are commonly needed to be on the job weekends and holidays while tending to their patients, being a caring individual is really important for these jobs.
As you get through most of your courses and get close to graduation, nearly all colleges and schools work hard to provide you with employment placement assistance and career advancement guidance.
See some local schools:
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- B.S. in Nursing (Registered Nurse - R.N. to B.S.N)
- M.S. in Nursing: Health Care Informatics (Bridge)
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (BSN to MSN-FNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Family Nurse Practitioner Track (BSN to DNP)
- And more...
- RN to BSN
Little Rock residents have a good deal of other education options. Look at computer science courses in AR.