Are you considering a healthcare degree?
If you are already a full-time nurse who would like to further your vocational career by taking part in continuing education classes and seminars, or you are just a person new to this medical field and is considering becoming a nurse but has personal or work responsibilities and can’t commute to classes at a usual college classroom environment, then an online nurse training program may very well be precisely what the career doctor recommended.
When it comes to new, prospective students eager to get started working in the health care career field, suitable web based occupational programs and customized education classes are available for attaining your new diploma.
Professional California nurses who already have got a diploma might consider taking internet-based continuing education instruction and campus-based vocational coaching to help advance their careers and even continue on to complete their master’s degree in medical care.
Become a Registered Nurse or RN
There actually are three paths to wind up as an RN.
1. Collect your BSN (bachelor’s of science diploma in nursing) degree;
2. Finish off your associate degree in nursing;
3. Attain a diploma in nursing.
Your bachelor’s degree might take four years of university study to finish, an associates degree is roughly two years or less, and a nursing diploma may take up to three years.
LPN, LVN and Online Programs
Many applicants might choose to start a job as a licensed practical nurse, or LPN. Such students enter programs which require about one full year to complete.
LPNs attend to kids or adults who have been hurt, suffering, or can’t take care of themselves. LPNs are commonly instructed by head nurses or doctors. Just a couple of the many chores of the typical LPN include recording a patient’s vital indicators, dressing cuts and wounds, administering bedside attention, delivering meals and beverages and carrying out other specified assignments.
The Licensed Vocational Nurse or LVN will be authorized to practice through successfully completing the appropriate training and successfully passing the state examination. As nearly all LVNs are sometimes expected to be on the job weekends and holidays while looking after their patients, having a caring and understand personality is extremely important in these careers.
As you pass most of your training sessions and get closer to graduation, the large majority of colleges and schools do their best to present employment placement help and vocation advancement counseling.
Here are some good choices:
Elevate Your Life
If you’re willing to put in the work, take each step with determination, and never stop climbing, Summit College can help you elevate your education – and elevate your life.
We appreciate that every student’s climb is different. We’ve seen firsthand the need for individualized, personal support for every student. And that’s what we’re here for. To support your climb, in any form it may take.
- Licensed Vocational Nurse -- Evening
- Licensed Vocational Nurse - Days
- Current RNs can choose from RN to BSN or RN to MSN online programs
- RN-to-BSN program offers courses in Illness and Disease Management, Principles of Assessment, and Holistic Professional Nursing
- RN to MSN specializations include Family Nurse Practitioner, Adult-Gerontology and more
- Courses help develop students’ assessment, patient care, and community outreach skills
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
We keep education relevant by employing instructors with real-world experience in the field, who bring their career backgrounds to the classroom. Our programs are continually assessed by faculty, staff and members of the business and education communities to help ensure your studies align with your career goals. Programs offered by Brightwood College focus on local employment needs, in areas such as allied health, nursing and technical and professional programs.
- Vocational Nursing
- Medical Assistant
- Healthcare Assistant
- And more...
- Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- Degree Variety: GCU offers a full-spectrum of nursing programs including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as post-master’s certificates.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Grand Canyon University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu-accreditation).
- GCU provides a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Depending on the degree you choose, you could take online, evening, or on-campus classes. Speak with an enrollment counselor to discuss your options!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Health Informatics
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- BSN: RNs: Post Licensure: Global Studies
- MSN: Master of Nursing - MS in Healthcare Administration (Dual)
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Vocational Nursing Program*
- Certified Nurse Assistant
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
- Nursing Assistant
- Medical Assisting
CA students have many other education options. Check out IT programs in CA.