Are you thinking about getting into a different career?
If you are a full-time nurse who would really like to grow your vocational career by signing up for advanced education classes and seminars, or perhaps you are a person who is new to the health care field and is intrigued by going into nursing but is strapped for time and simply cannot commute to classes at a standard school classroom environment, then an online nursing program may very well be just what the career doctor prescribed.
With respect to new students attempting to get started working in the healthcare field, good quality internet based vocational packages and specialty education courses are suitable for acquiring your new degree.
Existing nurses who currently have a degree might undertake internet-based continuing education sessions and campus-based vocational coaching in order to advance their careers or perhaps continue on to complete their graduate degree in health care.
How to become a Registered Nurse or RN
There are usually three approaches to develop into an RN.
1. Collect your BSN (bachelor’s of science degree in nursing) diploma;
2. Earn your associates diploma in nursing;
3. Acquire a completion diploma in nursing.
Your bachelor degree might take four years of university study to finish, an associate’s degree is commonly two to three years, and a nurse training completion diploma takes about three years.
LPN, LVN and Online Program Alternatives
Many individuals might choose to begin a job as a licensed practical nurse, or LPN. Those enrollees end up in programs which require around one year to finish.
LPNs take care of individuals who might be hurt, suffering, or are having trouble taking care of themselves. They are generally instructed by head nurses or medical doctors. Some responsibilities of the typical LPN include checking key vital signs, attending to wounds, giving bedside care and attention, delivering meals and executing numerous other designated activities.
The Licensed Vocational Nurse or LVN will be certified to work through completing the appropriate formal education and successfully completing a test. Since the majority of LVNs are in many cases required to be on the job at any hour of the day or night while tending to their patients, having a caring and understand personality is critical in these positions.
As you complete a large percentage of your courses and get near to graduation, most schools work hard to provide employment placement direction and employment advancement counseling.
Here is our short list:
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- And more...
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- MS in Nursing
- Executive Leader Graduate Certificate
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion)
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Education
As few as 20 months
Nursing@Simmons enables Registered Nurses to earn an MSN online from Simmons College and prepare to pursue certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner in as few as 20 months.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
- Professional Medical Assistant Plus
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- RN-BSN (Bachelor of Science) - Online
- Dual Degree: MSN-MBA (MSN-MBA) - Online
- MSN Nursing Administration & Leadership (Master of Science) - Online
Students can take a look at other options and computer science training in DE.