Are you thinking about getting into a different career?
If you are a full-time nurse who would really like to grow your vocational career by signing up for advanced education classes and seminars, or perhaps you are a person who is new to the health care field and is intrigued by going into nursing but is strapped for time and simply cannot commute to classes at a standard school classroom environment, then an online nursing program may very well be just what the career doctor prescribed.
With respect to new students attempting to get started working in the healthcare field, good quality internet based vocational packages and specialty education courses are suitable for acquiring your new degree.
Existing nurses who currently have a degree might undertake internet-based continuing education sessions and campus-based vocational coaching in order to advance their careers or perhaps continue on to complete their graduate degree in health care.
How to become a Registered Nurse or RN
There are usually three approaches to develop into an RN.
1. Collect your BSN (bachelor’s of science degree in nursing) diploma;
2. Earn your associates diploma in nursing;
3. Acquire a completion diploma in nursing.
Your bachelor degree might take four years of university study to finish, an associate’s degree is commonly two to three years, and a nurse training completion diploma takes about three years.
LPN, LVN and Online Program Alternatives
Many individuals might choose to begin a job as a licensed practical nurse, or LPN. Those enrollees end up in programs which require around one year to finish.
LPNs take care of individuals who might be hurt, suffering, or are having trouble taking care of themselves. They are generally instructed by head nurses or medical doctors. Some responsibilities of the typical LPN include checking key vital signs, attending to wounds, giving bedside care and attention, delivering meals and executing numerous other designated activities.
The Licensed Vocational Nurse or LVN will be certified to work through completing the appropriate formal education and successfully completing a test. Since the majority of LVNs are in many cases required to be on the job at any hour of the day or night while tending to their patients, having a caring and understand personality is critical in these positions.
As you complete a large percentage of your courses and get near to graduation, most schools work hard to provide employment placement direction and employment advancement counseling.
Here is our short list:
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- RN to BSN
Students can take a look at other options and computer science training in DE.