Are you thinking about getting into a different career?
If you are a full-time nurse who would really like to grow your vocational career by signing up for advanced education classes and seminars, or perhaps you are a person who is new to the health care field and is intrigued by going into nursing but is strapped for time and simply cannot commute to classes at a standard school classroom environment, then an online nursing program may very well be just what the career doctor prescribed.
With respect to new students attempting to get started working in the healthcare field, good quality internet based vocational packages and specialty education courses are suitable for acquiring your new degree.
Existing nurses who currently have a degree might undertake internet-based continuing education sessions and campus-based vocational coaching in order to advance their careers or perhaps continue on to complete their graduate degree in health care.
How to become a Registered Nurse or RN
There are usually three approaches to develop into an RN.
1. Collect your BSN (bachelor’s of science degree in nursing) diploma;
2. Earn your associates diploma in nursing;
3. Acquire a completion diploma in nursing.
Your bachelor degree might take four years of university study to finish, an associate’s degree is commonly two to three years, and a nurse training completion diploma takes about three years.
LPN, LVN and Online Program Alternatives
Many individuals might choose to begin a job as a licensed practical nurse, or LPN. Those enrollees end up in programs which require around one year to finish.
LPNs take care of individuals who might be hurt, suffering, or are having trouble taking care of themselves. They are generally instructed by head nurses or medical doctors. Some responsibilities of the typical LPN include checking key vital signs, attending to wounds, giving bedside care and attention, delivering meals and executing numerous other designated activities.
The Licensed Vocational Nurse or LVN will be certified to work through completing the appropriate formal education and successfully completing a test. Since the majority of LVNs are in many cases required to be on the job at any hour of the day or night while tending to their patients, having a caring and understand personality is critical in these positions.
As you complete a large percentage of your courses and get near to graduation, most schools work hard to provide employment placement direction and employment advancement counseling.
Here is our short list:
- Current RNs can choose from RN to BSN or RN to MSN online programs
- RN-to-BSN program offers courses in Illness and Disease Management, Principles of Assessment, and Holistic Professional Nursing
- RN to MSN specializations include Family Nurse Practitioner, Adult-Gerontology and more
- Courses help develop students’ assessment, patient care, and community outreach skills
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
- Earn a nursing degree focused on leadership & expanding technologies in healthcare
- SACS accredited with flexible options for Associate, Bachelor & Master degrees
- Regionally accredited private career university with degrees on campus or online
- Ranked #42 in 2018 Best Value Schools in U.S. News & World Report
- Ranked as a top school in the nation by the Military Times Best for Vets Colleges
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (Accelerated)
- And more...
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Health Informatics
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- And more...
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
- BecomeANurseOnline.com - 100% Online/Campus Nursing Diploma Programs Available
- Are You Ready to Start Earning Your Nursing Degree in 2018? Find Affordable and Flexible CNA Programs Here!
- Answer a Few Questions to Get Free Info on Online or Campus CNA Programs Within Minutes
- Choose from Diploma, Associate, and Certificate Level Nursing Degree Options
- Get Matched to Nursing Programs Today—It's Fast, Easy, and Free!
Students can take a look at other options and computer science training in DE.