Have you been considering starting a career in nursing?
If you are a nurse who wishes to expand your vocational career by completing advanced training courses, or you are just a person new to this industry and is thinking about going into a healthcare field but doesn’t have much free time and cannot commute to classes at a classic university campus environment, then an online nurse training program can be precisely what the career doctor recommended.
Concerning new students eager to get into the medical industry, good internet based vocational packages and special instruction classes are intended for attaining your new diploma.
Current nurses who have already got their diploma may sign up for internet based continuing education instruction and campus-based medical education to help advance their careers and maybe even go on to get their master’s diploma in medical care.
Become a Registered Nurse (RN)
There actually are three means to transform into an RN.
1. Complete your BSN (bachelor’s of science degree in nursing) degree;
2. Complete your associates diploma in nursing;
3. Attain a completion diploma in nursing.
A bachelors degree takes four years of college to complete, the associates degree is generally around two years, and a nursing completion diploma three years.
LVN, LPN and Online Class Options
Some students may choose to begin with a job as a licensed practical nurse, or LPN. A majority of these applicants join training programs which require close to a year to completely finish.
LPNs deal with folks who are injured, suffering, or just can’t take care of themselves. LPNs are regularly guided by RNs or medical doctors. Just a few of the duties of a typical LPN consist of recording vital indicators, cleaning wounds, providing bedside care and attention, scheduling meals and carrying out additional specified activities.
The Licensed Vocational Nurse or LVN need to be authorized to work through completing the appropriate classes and training and successfully completing a state test. Because a large number of LVNs are many times needed to work at any hour of the day or night while tending to their patients, being very understanding is necessary for these positions.
As you finish the majority of your required classes and get closer to graduation, most schools try hard to give job placement suggestions and employment advancement advice.
Here are today’s choices:
- Fortis offers nursing programs including ADN, PN, BSN degrees, and more
- 40+ schools in 15 states including Florida, Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia
- All colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or other accrediting bodies
- Fortis Online serves benefits to US military service members
- Grants & scholarship aid may be available for qualifying students
- Associate Degree in Nursing
- Practical Nursing
- PN RN Associate Degree Bridge Program
- And more...
- Current RNs can choose from RN to BSN or RN to MSN online programs
- RN-to-BSN program offers courses in Illness and Disease Management, Principles of Assessment, and Holistic Professional Nursing
- RN to MSN specializations include Family Nurse Practitioner, Adult-Gerontology and more
- Courses help develop students’ assessment, patient care, and community outreach skills
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
As few as 20 months
Nursing@Simmons enables Registered Nurses to earn an MSN online from Simmons College and prepare to pursue certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner in as few as 20 months.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
Get personalized attention at UMA.
One-on-one tutoring, pre-interview coaching, job search assistance, alumni services—they’re all included in Ultimate Medical Academy’s competitively priced tuition. As a nationally accredited school, we provide quality career training at our campus in Clearwater, Florida. Let’s talk about your needs, your career goals and how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at ultimatemedical.edu/gainful-employment.pdf and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement and occupations.
- Nursing Assistant
- Patient Care Technician
- Medical Assistant
As a student at South University, you will have the opportunity to learn from accomplished faculty members who have real-world experience in the subjects that they teach. Our small class sizes allow you to receive personalized attention from instructors, and the encouragement to recognize your goals for the future and the means to achieve them.
- Nursing (BS)
Do you want to start working toward a career that actually makes you excited? If so, an education from West Coast University (WCU) could be the perfect choice for you! This accredited, private University has a history that dates back over 100 years. Today, WCU offers health care degrees that will help prepare you and educate you on the current trends and issues within the health industry.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (LPN to BSN)
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Globaldelivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing - RN to BSN
- MS in Nursing
- And more...
Altierus Career College is a non-profit, higher education school system with campuses in Atlanta, Houston and Tampa. We don’t just see you as a student. We see you as an individual with your own reasons for being here. Our mission is to help you find a career path that’s right for you and become a professional in as little as 10 months.
- Diploma - Nursing
- Patient Care Technician (10-month diploma program)
- Medical Assistant Technician (10-Month diploma program)
You can take a look at more options in Miami, Tampa, Orlando and other cities. Check out IT courses in Florida.