Have you often thought about trying to get started in nursing?
If you are already a working nurse who hopes to expand your professional career by signing up for new training classes, or perhaps you are just an individual new to the healthcare field and is attracted to entering the nursing field but is strapped for time and cannot attend school at a standard college campus setting, then an online nursing program might be exactly what the career doctor recommended.
Concerning new, prospective students attempting to get involved in the medical industry, good quality web based occupational programs and specialized education classes are made for acquiring your new diploma.
Experienced nurses who have a degree might consider internet-based continuing education programs and campus-based vocational coaching to advance their careers or perhaps go on to get their master’s degree in medical care.
Become a Registered Nurse or RN
There are generally three paths to become an RN.
1. Earn your BSN (bachelor of science degree in nursing) ;
2. Wrap up your associate diploma in nursing;
3. Receive a diploma in nursing.
Your bachelor’s degree usually requires four years actually finish, an associate degree about generally two years, and a nursing diploma may take up to three years.
LVN, LPN and Online Program Alternatives
Some students will want to begin with a job as a licensed practical nurse, or LPN. Those participants end up in class programs which require approximately one full year to finish.
LPNs take care of adults and kids who might be hurt, suffering, or are having trouble taking care of themselves. LPNs are often managed by RNs or physicians. Just a few of the activities of a LPN consist of recording vital indicators, attending to wounds and cuts, delivering bedside care and attention, coordinating meals and beverages and performing numerous other designated assignments.
The Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) does need to be certified to work through completing the required coursework and passing the state test. Considering that nearly all LVNs are frequently required to be on the job weekends and holidays while taking care of their patients, being a caring individual is vital for these positions.
As you get through the majority of your courses and get close to graduating, the vast majority of colleges and schools work hard to supply employment placement support and career development guidance.
Schools to consider:
- Keiser University Online
- Offering 100% online programs for undergraduate and graduate degrees at Keiser!
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (Accelerated)
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- MSN: Health Policy
- MSN: Community Health
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals.
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university.
- Associate of Science in Nursing
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assisting
Designed by RNs for RNs
Chamberlain’s RN to BSN option offers convenient 100% online coursework, no mandatory login times and no campus visits. This flexible framework allows you to continue in your current role while you pursue your degree. And, because the curriculum is developed and taught by RNs who are also educators, you know you are learning what you need to push your skills forward now – and in the future.
- RN to BSN Online Option
Our mission is to provide career focused education for the purpose of gaining entry-level employment and advancement opportunities which will empower college students to positively contribute to their communities.
- Medical Assistant - Associate
Miller-Motte Colleges and Miller-Motte Technical Colleges comprise the Miller-Motte family of schools which is part of Ancora Education. For over a century, Miller-Motte has been a reputable leader in private career education.
- Medical Clinical Assistant
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
You could look at more alternatives in Atlanta and information tech degrees in GA.