Have you often thought about trying to get started in nursing?
If you are already a working nurse who hopes to expand your professional career by signing up for new training classes, or perhaps you are just an individual new to the healthcare field and is attracted to entering the nursing field but is strapped for time and cannot attend school at a standard college campus setting, then an online nursing program might be exactly what the career doctor recommended.
Concerning new, prospective students attempting to get involved in the medical industry, good quality web based occupational programs and specialized education classes are made for acquiring your new diploma.
Experienced nurses who have a degree might consider internet-based continuing education programs and campus-based vocational coaching to advance their careers or perhaps go on to get their master’s degree in medical care.
Become a Registered Nurse or RN
There are generally three paths to become an RN.
1. Earn your BSN (bachelor of science degree in nursing) ;
2. Wrap up your associate diploma in nursing;
3. Receive a diploma in nursing.
Your bachelor’s degree usually requires four years actually finish, an associate degree about generally two years, and a nursing diploma may take up to three years.
LVN, LPN and Online Program Alternatives
Some students will want to begin with a job as a licensed practical nurse, or LPN. Those participants end up in class programs which require approximately one full year to finish.
LPNs take care of adults and kids who might be hurt, suffering, or are having trouble taking care of themselves. LPNs are often managed by RNs or physicians. Just a few of the activities of a LPN consist of recording vital indicators, attending to wounds and cuts, delivering bedside care and attention, coordinating meals and beverages and performing numerous other designated assignments.
The Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) does need to be certified to work through completing the required coursework and passing the state test. Considering that nearly all LVNs are frequently required to be on the job weekends and holidays while taking care of their patients, being a caring individual is vital for these positions.
As you get through the majority of your courses and get close to graduating, the vast majority of colleges and schools work hard to supply employment placement support and career development guidance.
Schools to consider:
- Our mission is to develop skilled nurses who embody the best qualities of the profession
- SACS accredited with campuses in Virginia, Florida, North Carolina & South Carolina
- Two workplace externship opportunities to give you hands-on experience
- Practical Nursing (PN), Nursing Degree (ADN), and Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Qualifying students can take faith in EPCI’s unwavering Fixed Tuition Pledge
- Nursing (RN) - Associate's
- Practical Nursing - Diploma
- Medical Assisting - Associate's
- Trusted San Antonio college and Institution of the Year 2018 offering campus-based and online accredited programs in Aviation Maintenance, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Business, and Nursing.
- Accelerated programs designed with affordability and convenience in mind. Achieve your professional goals faster and affordably. Financial aid, scholarships, and U.S. veterans benefits available.
- Hallmark University offers master’s, bachelor’s, and associate’s degrees that align with current industry needs to give graduates the best opportunity for success.
- Hallmark's Student Affairs’ team works directly with industry leaders to assist students in securing employment after they graduate. Our goal is 90% placement within 90 days of graduation!
- Hallmark's 20:1 student-teacher ratio allow instructors to give students constant, personal help and attention. And with 6 terms a year, you never need to wait to apply. Get started today!
- Bachelor of Science - Nursing
- Bachelor of Science - Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Master of Science - Nursing Education
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Associate of Science in Nursing
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Doctor of Philosophy in Nursing: Nursing Education
You could look at more alternatives in Atlanta and information tech degrees in GA.