Have you often thought about trying to get started in nursing?
If you are already a working nurse who hopes to expand your professional career by signing up for new training classes, or perhaps you are just an individual new to the healthcare field and is attracted to entering the nursing field but is strapped for time and cannot attend school at a standard college campus setting, then an online nursing program might be exactly what the career doctor recommended.
Concerning new, prospective students attempting to get involved in the medical industry, good quality web based occupational programs and specialized education classes are made for acquiring your new diploma.
Experienced nurses who have a degree might consider internet-based continuing education programs and campus-based vocational coaching to advance their careers or perhaps go on to get their master’s degree in medical care.
Become a Registered Nurse or RN
There are generally three paths to become an RN.
1. Earn your BSN (bachelor of science degree in nursing) ;
2. Wrap up your associate diploma in nursing;
3. Receive a diploma in nursing.
Your bachelor’s degree usually requires four years actually finish, an associate degree about generally two years, and a nursing diploma may take up to three years.
LVN, LPN and Online Program Alternatives
Some students will want to begin with a job as a licensed practical nurse, or LPN. Those participants end up in class programs which require approximately one full year to finish.
LPNs take care of adults and kids who might be hurt, suffering, or are having trouble taking care of themselves. LPNs are often managed by RNs or physicians. Just a few of the activities of a LPN consist of recording vital indicators, attending to wounds and cuts, delivering bedside care and attention, coordinating meals and beverages and performing numerous other designated assignments.
The Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) does need to be certified to work through completing the required coursework and passing the state test. Considering that nearly all LVNs are frequently required to be on the job weekends and holidays while taking care of their patients, being a caring individual is vital for these positions.
As you get through the majority of your courses and get close to graduating, the vast majority of colleges and schools work hard to supply employment placement support and career development guidance.
Schools to consider:
- Current RNs can choose from RN to BSN or RN to MSN online programs
- RN-to-BSN program offers courses in Illness and Disease Management, Principles of Assessment, and Holistic Professional Nursing
- RN to MSN specializations include Family Nurse Practitioner, Adult-Gerontology and more
- Courses help develop students’ assessment, patient care, and community outreach skills
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
- Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- Degree Variety: GCU offers a full-spectrum of nursing programs including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as post-master’s certificates.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Grand Canyon University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu-accreditation).
- GCU provides a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Depending on the degree you choose, you could take online, evening, or on-campus classes. Speak with an enrollment counselor to discuss your options!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Health Informatics
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- BSN: RNs: Post Licensure: Global Studies
- MSN: Master of Nursing - MS in Healthcare Administration (Dual)
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing
Since 1977, Keiser University has provided quality student-centered, career-focused education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions. Degrees are offered with a curriculum that is in pace with technology and workforce demand trends in business, criminal justice, health care, information technology and more. Our “one-class-at-a-time” approach allows busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
As a student at South University, you will have the opportunity to learn from accomplished faculty members who have real-world experience in the subjects that they teach. Our small class sizes allow you to receive personalized attention from instructors, and the encouragement to recognize your goals for the future and the means to achieve them.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Specialization in Nurse Educator (MSN)
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
You could look at more alternatives in Atlanta and information tech degrees in GA.