Have you often thought about trying to get started in nursing?
If you are already a working nurse who hopes to expand your professional career by signing up for new training classes, or perhaps you are just an individual new to the healthcare field and is attracted to entering the nursing field but is strapped for time and cannot attend school at a standard college campus setting, then an online nursing program might be exactly what the career doctor recommended.
Concerning new, prospective students attempting to get involved in the medical industry, good quality web based occupational programs and specialized education classes are made for acquiring your new diploma.
Experienced nurses who have a degree might consider internet-based continuing education programs and campus-based vocational coaching to advance their careers or perhaps go on to get their master’s degree in medical care.
Become a Registered Nurse or RN
There are generally three paths to become an RN.
1. Earn your BSN (bachelor of science degree in nursing) ;
2. Wrap up your associate diploma in nursing;
3. Receive a diploma in nursing.
Your bachelor’s degree usually requires four years actually finish, an associate degree about generally two years, and a nursing diploma may take up to three years.
LVN, LPN and Online Program Alternatives
Some students will want to begin with a job as a licensed practical nurse, or LPN. Those participants end up in class programs which require approximately one full year to finish.
LPNs take care of adults and kids who might be hurt, suffering, or are having trouble taking care of themselves. LPNs are often managed by RNs or physicians. Just a few of the activities of a LPN consist of recording vital indicators, attending to wounds and cuts, delivering bedside care and attention, coordinating meals and beverages and performing numerous other designated assignments.
The Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) does need to be certified to work through completing the required coursework and passing the state test. Considering that nearly all LVNs are frequently required to be on the job weekends and holidays while taking care of their patients, being a caring individual is vital for these positions.
As you get through the majority of your courses and get close to graduating, the vast majority of colleges and schools work hard to supply employment placement support and career development guidance.
Schools to consider:
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
As few as 20 months
Nursing@Simmons enables Registered Nurses to earn an MSN online from Simmons College and prepare to pursue certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner in as few as 20 months.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Globaldelivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing - RN to BSN
- MS in Nursing
- And more...
At UEI College, we want you to succeed. We’re like a family and we want you to be a part of it. From the moment you enter ourschool, to graduation and beyond, we are right there with you.
- Medical Assistant (10-Month Diploma Program)
As a student at South University, you will have the opportunity to learn from accomplished faculty members who have real-world experience in the subjects that they teach. Our small class sizes allow you to receive personalized attention from instructors, and the encouragement to recognize your goals for the future and the means to achieve them.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Specialization in Nurse Educator (MSN)
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assisting
Miller-Motte Colleges and Miller-Motte Technical Colleges comprise the Miller-Motte family of schools which is part of Ancora Education. For over a century, Miller-Motte has been a reputable leader in private career education.
- Medical Clinical Assistant
- BecomeANurseOnline.com - Online/Campus Nursing Diploma Programs Available
- Are You Ready to Start Earning Your Nursing Degree in 2018? Find Accredited LPN Schools Here
- Answer a Few Questions to Get Free Info on Online or Campus LPN Programs Within Minutes
- Choose from Diploma, Associate, and Certificate Level Nursing Program Options
- Get Matched to Nursing Programs Today—It's Fast, Easy, and Free!
You could look at more alternatives in Atlanta and information tech degrees in GA.