Are you interested in a nursing career?
If you are a full or part-time nurse who wants to grow your career by attending new training courses, or perhaps you are just someone who is new to the field and is considering becoming a nurse but doesn’t have much spare time and is unable to commute to classes at a regular college classroom setting, an online nursing program may be just what the career doctor ordered.
Concerning new students attempting to get started in the health care industry, reliable online occupational programs and unique instruction systems are designed for completing your new diploma.
Employed nurses who have a diploma may undertake internet-based continuing education classes and classroom-based health coaching in order to them perform better at work and possibly go on in order to finish their graduate degree in health care.
Becoming a Registered Nurse or RN
There actually are three options to wind up as an RN.
1. Finish your BSN (bachelor’s of science degree in nursing) ;
2. Get your associate’s degree in nursing;
3. Earn a diploma in nursing.
A bachelors degree may take four years of college actually finish, an associate degree is commonly around two years, and a nursing diploma three years.
LVN, LPN and Online Classes
Certain men and women may like to begin a career as a licensed practical nurse, or LPN. A majority of these participants enter programs which take as long as one full year to complete.
LPNs attend individuals who are often hurt, in pain, or are having trouble taking care of themselves. They are typically managed by RNs or doctors. Just a couple of the many activities of the typical LPN encompass checking a patient’s vital signs, cleaning wounds and cuts, providing bedside attention, coordinating meals and executing numerous other assigned assignments.
The Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) does need to be certified to practice through completing the appropriate classes and training and successfully passing an exam. As the majority of LVNs are commonly needed to work a varied schedule while taking good care of their patients, being very understanding is critical for these positions.
As you complete most of your modules and get close to graduating, the majority of schools try hard to deliver employment placement direction and career development help and advice.
Schools in this category:
- Why study nursing at Grand Canyon University?
- Our bachelor’s and master’s degrees in nursing are CCNE-accredited and the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions (CONHCP) is approved by the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
- We provide many options to prepare you to begin or advance your nursing career, including bridge programs and dual degrees.
- GCU provides a low student-to-teacher ratio and a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients.
- Request more information today about program offerings, CCNE accreditation, start dates, financial aid and more!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- And more...
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- MS in Nursing
- Executive Leader Graduate Certificate
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion)
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Education
As few as 20 months
Nursing@Simmons enables Registered Nurses to earn an MSN online from Simmons College and prepare to pursue certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner in as few as 20 months.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Abilene Christian University is a national leader in Christian higher education and a place where students, faculty, staff and alumni make a real difference in the world.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- RN-BSN (Bachelor of Science) - Online
- Dual Degree: MSN-MBA (MSN-MBA) - Online
- MSN Nursing Administration & Leadership (Master of Science) - Online
Healthcare careers can be good, but you do have more career options and more local courses.