Are you interested in a nursing career?
If you are a full or part-time nurse who wants to grow your career by attending new training courses, or perhaps you are just someone who is new to the field and is considering becoming a nurse but doesn’t have much spare time and is unable to commute to classes at a regular college classroom setting, an online nursing program may be just what the career doctor ordered.
Concerning new students attempting to get started in the health care industry, reliable online occupational programs and unique instruction systems are designed for completing your new diploma.
Employed nurses who have a diploma may undertake internet-based continuing education classes and classroom-based health coaching in order to them perform better at work and possibly go on in order to finish their graduate degree in health care.
Becoming a Registered Nurse or RN
There actually are three options to wind up as an RN.
1. Finish your BSN (bachelor’s of science degree in nursing) ;
2. Get your associate’s degree in nursing;
3. Earn a diploma in nursing.
A bachelors degree may take four years of college actually finish, an associate degree is commonly around two years, and a nursing diploma three years.
LVN, LPN and Online Classes
Certain men and women may like to begin a career as a licensed practical nurse, or LPN. A majority of these participants enter programs which take as long as one full year to complete.
LPNs attend individuals who are often hurt, in pain, or are having trouble taking care of themselves. They are typically managed by RNs or doctors. Just a couple of the many activities of the typical LPN encompass checking a patient’s vital signs, cleaning wounds and cuts, providing bedside attention, coordinating meals and executing numerous other assigned assignments.
The Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) does need to be certified to practice through completing the appropriate classes and training and successfully passing an exam. As the majority of LVNs are commonly needed to work a varied schedule while taking good care of their patients, being very understanding is critical for these positions.
As you complete most of your modules and get close to graduating, the majority of schools try hard to deliver employment placement direction and career development help and advice.
Schools in this category:
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (BSN to MSN-FNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Family Nurse Practitioner Track (BSN to DNP)
- And more...
- RN to BSN
Healthcare careers can be good, but you do have more career options and more local courses.