Thinking about going into nursing?
If you are already a professional nurse who really wants to expand your vocational career by completing new training classes and seminars, or if you are just a person who is new to the health care field and is serious about entering the nursing field but is strapped for time and cannot attend school at a traditional university classroom setting, an online nurse training program can be precisely what the career doctor ordered.
With respect to new students seeking to get started working in the medical care industry, suitable internet based vocational packages and customized instruction classes are made for obtaining your new diploma.
Employed nurses who have a diploma may consider taking web-based continuing education classes and campus-based healthcare training to help them do a better job and even move on to earn their masters degree in health care.
Become a Registered Nurse (RN)
There are generally three alternatives to get to be an RN.
1. Attain your BSN (bachelors of science degree in nursing) degree;
2. Finish off your associate diploma in nursing;
3. Attain a diploma in nursing.
Your bachelor’s degree will take four years of college to complete, the associates degree is often two to three years or less, and a nursing diploma takes about three years.
LPN, LVN and Online Class Alternatives
Many applicants may wish to begin a job as a licensed practical nurse, or LPN. Most of these trainees end up in training programs which take approximately a year to complete.
LPNs look after people who have been injured, suffering, or can’t take care of themselves. LPNs are often supervised by head nurses or doctors. Some assignments of a typical LPN include checking critical signs, dressing wounds, administering bedside care, preparing meals and performing other assigned assignments.
A Licensed Vocational Nurse or LVN must be approved to practice through successfully finishing all the necessary coursework and passing a test. Considering that nearly all LVNs are commonly needed to work at different times of the day and night while taking care of their patients, being a caring individual is fundamental for these positions.
As you get through the majority of your courses and get close to graduating, the majority of schools try hard to furnish job placement suggestions and vocation development tips.
Schools to take a look at:
- Earn a nursing degree focused on leadership & expanding technologies in healthcare
- SACS accredited with flexible options for Associate, Bachelor & Master degrees
- Regionally accredited private career university with degrees on campus or online
- Ranked #42 in 2018 Best Value Schools in U.S. News & World Report
- Ranked as a top school in the nation by the Military Times Best for Vets Colleges
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (Accelerated)
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- MSN: Health Policy
- MSN: Community Health
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Globaldelivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing - RN to BSN
- MS in Nursing
- And more...
As few as 20 months
Nursing@Simmons enables Registered Nurses to earn an MSN online from Simmons College and prepare to pursue certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner in as few as 20 months.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in Stevens-Henager College is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Nursing (RN completion to BS) (RN req.)
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
Don’t forget your other options in other Boise schools.