Thinking about going into nursing?
If you are already a professional nurse who really wants to expand your vocational career by completing new training classes and seminars, or if you are just a person who is new to the health care field and is serious about entering the nursing field but is strapped for time and cannot attend school at a traditional university classroom setting, an online nurse training program can be precisely what the career doctor ordered.
With respect to new students seeking to get started working in the medical care industry, suitable internet based vocational packages and customized instruction classes are made for obtaining your new diploma.
Employed nurses who have a diploma may consider taking web-based continuing education classes and campus-based healthcare training to help them do a better job and even move on to earn their masters degree in health care.
Become a Registered Nurse (RN)
There are generally three alternatives to get to be an RN.
1. Attain your BSN (bachelors of science degree in nursing) degree;
2. Finish off your associate diploma in nursing;
3. Attain a diploma in nursing.
Your bachelor’s degree will take four years of college to complete, the associates degree is often two to three years or less, and a nursing diploma takes about three years.
LPN, LVN and Online Class Alternatives
Many applicants may wish to begin a job as a licensed practical nurse, or LPN. Most of these trainees end up in training programs which take approximately a year to complete.
LPNs look after people who have been injured, suffering, or can’t take care of themselves. LPNs are often supervised by head nurses or doctors. Some assignments of a typical LPN include checking critical signs, dressing wounds, administering bedside care, preparing meals and performing other assigned assignments.
A Licensed Vocational Nurse or LVN must be approved to practice through successfully finishing all the necessary coursework and passing a test. Considering that nearly all LVNs are commonly needed to work at different times of the day and night while taking care of their patients, being a caring individual is fundamental for these positions.
As you get through the majority of your courses and get close to graduating, the majority of schools try hard to furnish job placement suggestions and vocation development tips.
Schools to take a look at:
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Doctor of Philosophy in Nursing: Nursing Education
Don’t forget your other options in other Boise schools.