Thinking about majoring in nursing or healthcare?
If you are already a working nurse who would like to expand your career by enrolling in new education classes, or if you are just a person who is new to the career field and is interested in entering the nursing field but has demanding work and personal responsibilities and is not able to commute to school at a standard school campus setting, an online nurse training school might be precisely what the career doctor prescribed.
Concerning new, prospective students looking to get into the healthcare career field, good quality web based vocational packages and specialized education systems are made for attaining your new diploma.
Current nurses who already have got their diploma might sign up for internet based continuing education sessions and campus-based healthcare training that might help them perform better at work and maybe even move on to earn their master’s diploma in nursing.
Become a Registered Nurse or RN
There are usually three routes to end up as an RN.
1. Collect your BSN (bachelor’s of science degree in nursing) ;
2. Finish off your associates diploma in nursing;
3. Complete a diploma in nursing.
Your bachelor’s degree normally requires four years of university study to complete, an associate degree is often generally two years, and a nursing diploma takes about three years.
LVN, LPN and Online Course Options
Many applicants may like to start a career as a licensed practical nurse, or LPN. A majority of these students apply to class programs which require just a year to finish.
LPNs deal with adults and kids who have been injured, sick, or can’t take care of themselves. They are normally instructed by RNs or medical doctors. Some assignments of a typical LPN consist of checking key vital indicators, dressing wounds and cuts, offering bedside care, delivering meals and carrying out numerous other specified activities.
The Licensed Vocational Nurse or LVN must be authorized to work through successfully completing all the necessary formal training and passing a test. Considering the fact that nearly all LVNs are regularly needed to work at different times of the day and night while caring for their patients, being a caring individual is vital for these positions.
As you go through most of your courses and get near to graduating, almost all colleges and schools work hard to present job placement suggestions and vocation growth guidance.
Some local and online schools:
- Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- Degree Variety: GCU offers a full-spectrum of nursing programs including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as post-master’s certificates.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Grand Canyon University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu-accreditation).
- GCU provides a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Depending on the degree you choose, you could take online, evening, or on-campus classes. Speak with an enrollment counselor to discuss your options!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Health Informatics
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- And more...
CTU Classes Are As Close As The Mobile App.
Take classes with the help of your smartphone, tablet or laptop. CTU’s online bachelor’s programs were ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News & World Report.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion)
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Education
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- RN-BSN (Bachelor of Science) - Online
- MSN Nursing Administration & Leadership (Master of Science) - Online
- Dual Degree: MSN-MBA (MSN-MBA) - Online
- And more...
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
You aren’t stuck with just this career field. There are other career options.