Thinking about majoring in nursing or healthcare?
If you are already a working nurse who would like to expand your career by enrolling in new education classes, or if you are just a person who is new to the career field and is interested in entering the nursing field but has demanding work and personal responsibilities and is not able to commute to school at a standard school campus setting, an online nurse training school might be precisely what the career doctor prescribed.
Concerning new, prospective students looking to get into the healthcare career field, good quality web based vocational packages and specialized education systems are made for attaining your new diploma.
Current nurses who already have got their diploma might sign up for internet based continuing education sessions and campus-based healthcare training that might help them perform better at work and maybe even move on to earn their master’s diploma in nursing.
Become a Registered Nurse or RN
There are usually three routes to end up as an RN.
1. Collect your BSN (bachelor’s of science degree in nursing) ;
2. Finish off your associates diploma in nursing;
3. Complete a diploma in nursing.
Your bachelor’s degree normally requires four years of university study to complete, an associate degree is often generally two years, and a nursing diploma takes about three years.
LVN, LPN and Online Course Options
Many applicants may like to start a career as a licensed practical nurse, or LPN. A majority of these students apply to class programs which require just a year to finish.
LPNs deal with adults and kids who have been injured, sick, or can’t take care of themselves. They are normally instructed by RNs or medical doctors. Some assignments of a typical LPN consist of checking key vital indicators, dressing wounds and cuts, offering bedside care, delivering meals and carrying out numerous other specified activities.
The Licensed Vocational Nurse or LVN must be authorized to work through successfully completing all the necessary formal training and passing a test. Considering the fact that nearly all LVNs are regularly needed to work at different times of the day and night while caring for their patients, being a caring individual is vital for these positions.
As you go through most of your courses and get near to graduating, almost all colleges and schools work hard to present job placement suggestions and vocation growth guidance.
Some local and online schools:
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
Nursing@Simmons enables Registered Nurses to earn an MSN online from the Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences in as few as 20 months. As a student, you will attend live online classes and gain clinical experience at sites in or near your community, secured with the assistance of a dedicated clinical placement team. Accredited by CCNE, the program offers part-time and full-time options to prepare you for certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
Designed by RNs for RNs
Chamberlain’s RN to BSN option offers convenient 100% online coursework, no mandatory login times and no campus visits. This flexible framework allows you to continue in your current role while you pursue your degree. And, because the curriculum is developed and taught by RNs who are also educators, you know you are learning what you need to push your skills forward now – and in the future.
- RN to BSN Online Option
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
You aren’t stuck with just this career field. There are other career options.