Thinking about majoring in nursing or healthcare?
If you are already a working nurse who would like to expand your career by enrolling in new education classes, or if you are just a person who is new to the career field and is interested in entering the nursing field but has demanding work and personal responsibilities and is not able to commute to school at a standard school campus setting, an online nurse training school might be precisely what the career doctor prescribed.
Concerning new, prospective students looking to get into the healthcare career field, good quality web based vocational packages and specialized education systems are made for attaining your new diploma.
Current nurses who already have got their diploma might sign up for internet based continuing education sessions and campus-based healthcare training that might help them perform better at work and maybe even move on to earn their master’s diploma in nursing.
Become a Registered Nurse or RN
There are usually three routes to end up as an RN.
1. Collect your BSN (bachelor’s of science degree in nursing) ;
2. Finish off your associates diploma in nursing;
3. Complete a diploma in nursing.
Your bachelor’s degree normally requires four years of university study to complete, an associate degree is often generally two years, and a nursing diploma takes about three years.
LVN, LPN and Online Course Options
Many applicants may like to start a career as a licensed practical nurse, or LPN. A majority of these students apply to class programs which require just a year to finish.
LPNs deal with adults and kids who have been injured, sick, or can’t take care of themselves. They are normally instructed by RNs or medical doctors. Some assignments of a typical LPN consist of checking key vital indicators, dressing wounds and cuts, offering bedside care, delivering meals and carrying out numerous other specified activities.
The Licensed Vocational Nurse or LVN must be authorized to work through successfully completing all the necessary formal training and passing a test. Considering the fact that nearly all LVNs are regularly needed to work at different times of the day and night while caring for their patients, being a caring individual is vital for these positions.
As you go through most of your courses and get near to graduating, almost all colleges and schools work hard to present job placement suggestions and vocation growth guidance.
Some local and online schools:
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Globaldelivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing - RN to BSN
- MS in Nursing
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
Abilene Christian University is a national leader in Christian higher education and a place where students, faculty, staff and alumni make a real difference in the world.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
You aren’t stuck with just this career field. There are other career options.