Are you interested in becoming a nurse?
If you are a nurse who wants to advance your professional career by enrolling in more training classes, or you are someone who is new to this nursing field and is considering going into nursing but doesn’t have much spare time and is unable to commute to school at a standard school campus environment, then an online nursing program can be exactly what the career doctor recommended.
When it comes to prospective students wanting to get involved in the medical career field, reputable online vocational programs and focused training courses are available for working towards your new diploma.
Professional nurses who have a degree might enroll in online continuing education instruction and classroom-based healthcare training to help advance their careers and possibly continue on in order to attain their graduate diploma in healthcare.
How to become a Registered Nurse or RN
There are really three approaches to develop into an RN.
1. Acquire your BSN (bachelor’s of science degree in nursing) ;
2. Complete your associate degree in nursing;
3. Earn a completion diploma in nursing.
Your bachelor degree is going to take four years to complete, the associate’s degree is commonly two years, and a nursing completion diploma three years.
LVN, LPN and Online Classes
Some men and women may choose to pursue a career as a licensed practical nurse, or LPN. A majority of these attendees enter class programs which require as long as a year to finish.
LPNs care for kids or adults who are hurt, sick, or are having trouble taking care of themselves. LPNs are regularly managed by RNs or physicians. Various activities of the typical LPN include obtaining key vital signs, cleaning wounds and cuts, rendering bedside care, coordinating meals and beverages and executing other specified duties.
The Licensed Vocational Nurse or LVN will need to be certified to practice through finishing the appropriate education and successfully passing a state test. Given that many LVNs are frequently required to work at any hour of the day or night while caring for their patients, being a caring individual is critical in these jobs.
As you complete a large percentage of your required courses and get closer to graduation, nearly all schools work hard to provide you with employment placement guidelines and employment advancement tips.
A few local and online options:
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- B.S. in Nursing (Registered Nurse - R.N. to B.S.N)
- And more...
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Associate Degree in Nursing
- Medical Assisting
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (BSN to MSN-FNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Family Nurse Practitioner Track (BSN to DNP)
- And more...
- Medical Assistant
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- RN to BSN
There are other options in IN if you want to look. More at http://www.onlinembaschools.org