Are you interested in becoming a nurse?
If you are a nurse who wants to advance your professional career by enrolling in more training classes, or you are someone who is new to this nursing field and is considering going into nursing but doesn’t have much spare time and is unable to commute to school at a standard school campus environment, then an online nursing program can be exactly what the career doctor recommended.
When it comes to prospective students wanting to get involved in the medical career field, reputable online vocational programs and focused training courses are available for working towards your new diploma.
Professional nurses who have a degree might enroll in online continuing education instruction and classroom-based healthcare training to help advance their careers and possibly continue on in order to attain their graduate diploma in healthcare.
How to become a Registered Nurse or RN
There are really three approaches to develop into an RN.
1. Acquire your BSN (bachelor’s of science degree in nursing) ;
2. Complete your associate degree in nursing;
3. Earn a completion diploma in nursing.
Your bachelor degree is going to take four years to complete, the associate’s degree is commonly two years, and a nursing completion diploma three years.
LVN, LPN and Online Classes
Some men and women may choose to pursue a career as a licensed practical nurse, or LPN. A majority of these attendees enter class programs which require as long as a year to finish.
LPNs care for kids or adults who are hurt, sick, or are having trouble taking care of themselves. LPNs are regularly managed by RNs or physicians. Various activities of the typical LPN include obtaining key vital signs, cleaning wounds and cuts, rendering bedside care, coordinating meals and beverages and executing other specified duties.
The Licensed Vocational Nurse or LVN will need to be certified to practice through finishing the appropriate education and successfully passing a state test. Given that many LVNs are frequently required to work at any hour of the day or night while caring for their patients, being a caring individual is critical in these jobs.
As you complete a large percentage of your required courses and get closer to graduation, nearly all schools work hard to provide you with employment placement guidelines and employment advancement tips.
A few local and online options:
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- B.S. in Nursing (Registered Nurse - R.N. to B.S.N)
- And more...
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- MS in Nursing
- Executive Leader Graduate Certificate
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion)
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Education
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
As few as 20 months
Nursing@Simmons enables Registered Nurses to earn an MSN online from Simmons College and prepare to pursue certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner in as few as 20 months.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- RN-BSN (Bachelor of Science) - Online
- Dual Degree: MSN-MBA (MSN-MBA) - Online
- MSN Nursing Administration & Leadership (Master of Science) - Online
- Interested in Helping Others? Get Educated in the Medical Field.
- Medical Assisting, Nursing, Health Sciences Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
There are other options in IN if you want to look. More at http://www.onlinembaschools.org