Are you right for a career in nursing?
If you are already a working nurse who would really like to grow your career by registering in more training courses, or perhaps you are a person who is brand new to this career field and is looking into becoming a nurse but has demanding work and personal responsibilities and simply cannot attend school at a conventional college campus setting, an online nursing school could be exactly what the career doctor ordered.
For new students attempting to get started in the health field, reputable internet based vocational opportunities and special instruction classes are available for acquiring your new degree.
Experienced nurses who already have a degree can also consider enrolling in web-based continuing education classes and classroom-based vocational coaching to be able to them at their job and maybe even go on to attain their masters degree in healthcare.
Become a Registered Nurse or RN
There are generally three options to turn into an RN.
1. Complete your BSN (bachelors of science diploma in nursing) diploma;
2. Wrap up your associate’s degree in nursing;
3. Acquire a completion diploma in nursing.
A bachelor’s degree usually takes four years of college to finish, an associate degree about generally two years, and a nursing diploma takes about three years.
LPN, LVN and Online Class Options
Some individuals may wish to pursue a job as a licensed practical nurse, or LPN. Those enrollees go into job training programs which require close to a year to finish.
LPNs look after adults and kids who may be hurt, sick, or are having trouble taking care of themselves. LPNs are often led by head nurses or medical doctors. Just a couple of the many tasks of a LPN include recording critical signs, cleaning cuts and wounds, offering bedside attention, prepping meals and performing additional specified obligations.
A Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) has to be accredited to work by completing the appropriate coursework and successfully passing the state test. While nearly all LVNs are commonly expected to work at any hour of the day or night while looking after their patients, being a caring individual is very important for these careers.
As you complete a large percentage of your classes and get closer to graduation, the large majority of colleges and schools work hard to furnish job placement suggestions and employment advancement guidance.
Here are a few choices:
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Doctor of Philosophy in Nursing: Nursing Education
There are other schools in KS to look at. Go to http://www.OnlineMBAschools.org