Are you thinking about starting a career in nursing?
If you are already a professional nurse who wants to further your career by completing continuing education courses, or perhaps you are just someone who is new to the medical field and is attracted to going into the nursing field but is tight on time and is unable to commute to classes at a conventional university classroom environment, then an online nurse training program might be exactly what the career doctor prescribed.
For the purpose of new students seeking to get into the health care field, reputable online vocational packages and focused instruction systems are available for working towards your new degree.
Current nurses who have already got a diploma may enroll in web-based continuing education programs and classroom-based health coaching to advance their careers and maybe even move on to complete their graduate diploma in nursing.
Become a Registered Nurse (RN)
There actually are three alternatives to develop into an RN.
1. Complete your BSN (bachelor’s of science degree in nursing) degree;
2. Finish your associate’s degree in nursing;
3. Earn a completion diploma in nursing.
A bachelors degree will require four years from a Kentucky college to earn it, an associates degree is roughly around two years, and a nurse training completion diploma may take up to three years.
LVN, LPN and Online Course Options
Some men and women may choose to begin with a career as a licensed practical nurse, or LPN. A majority of these applicants start programs which take roughly one year to completely finish.
LPNs attend individuals who may be hurt, in pain, or are having problems taking care of themselves. LPNs are typically led by head nurses or doctors. Just a couple of the many tasks of a typical LPN encompass taking a patient’s vital indicators, attending to wounds and cuts, delivering bedside attention, preparing meals and beverages and carrying out other types of specified responsibilities.
A Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) must be licensed to work by completing necessary classes and training and passing an examination. Because many LVNs are often required to work at different times of the day and night while caring for their patients, being very understanding is very important for these careers.
As you finish the majority of your modules and get close to graduation, the vast majority of schools work real hard to provide job placement help and employment advancement counseling.
Take a look at some choices:
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Doctor of Philosophy in Nursing: Nursing Education
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Associate Degree in Nursing
- Medical Assisting
KY has career options in business as well. Go to www.onlinembaschools.org