Being a nurse isn’t right for everyone, but it might be perfect for you.
If you are a full-time nurse who hopes to grow your professional career by completing more training classes, or perhaps you are just a person who is brand new to this nursing field and is looking into going into a healthcare field but has personal or work responsibilities and just can’t commute to school at a standard college classroom setting, an online nurse training school can be precisely what the career doctor prescribed.
For the purpose of new students attempting to get started in the medical care field, high quality web-based vocational opportunities and customized training classes are intended for working on your new diploma.
Professional nurses who already have a degree may consider signing up for internet-based continuing education classes and campus-based healthcare training in order to them perform better at work or perhaps go on to attain their masters diploma in medical care.
How to become a Registered Nurse (RN)
There are really three alternatives to end up an RN.
1. Get your BSN (bachelors of science degree in nursing) degree;
2. Wrap up your associate diploma in nursing;
3. Receive a completion diploma in nursing.
Your bachelor’s degree is going to take four years of college in order to complete, an associate degree is about two to three years or less, and a nurse training diploma three years.
LPN, LVN and Online Programs
Certain individuals might choose to pursue a job as a licensed practical nurse, or LPN. These students go into job training programs which take approximately one year to complete.
LPNs treat adults and kids who may be hurt, in pain, or are having problems taking care of themselves. LPNs are commonly led by head nurses or physicians. Various duties of a LPN involve taking a patient’s vital signs, attending to wounds, imparting bedside care, coordinating meals and beverages and undertaking many other assigned obligations.
The Licensed Vocational Nurse or LVN does need to be authorized to practice through successfully completing the required formal coursework and passing an examination. Given that a large number of LVNs are commonly needed to work work long shifts while tending to their patients, having a very caring and understanding heart is fundamental in these careers.
As you finish off many of your required courses and get close to graduating, the vast majority of schools work hard to deliver employment placement guidelines and career advancement help and advice.
Check out some options:
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Health Informatics
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- BSN: RNs: Post Licensure: Global Studies
- MSN: Master of Nursing - MS in Healthcare Administration (Dual)
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing
Since 1977, Keiser University has provided quality student-centered, career-focused education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions. Degrees are offered with a curriculum that is in pace with technology and workforce demand trends in business, criminal justice, health care, information technology and more. Our “one-class-at-a-time” approach allows busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
- BecomeANurseOnline.com - 100% Online/Campus Nursing Diploma Programs Available
- Are You Ready to Start Earning Your Nursing Degree in 2018? Find Affordable and Flexible CNA Programs Here!
- Answer a Few Questions to Get Free Info on Online or Campus CNA Programs Within Minutes
- Choose from Diploma, Associate, and Certificate Level Nursing Degree Options
- Get Matched to Nursing Programs Today—It's Fast, Easy, and Free!
LA also has career alternatives in business. Go to Online MBA Schools.