Are you thinking about earning a nursing degree?
If you are a nurse who wishes to grow your career by completing advanced education courses, or if you are just an individual new to the medical field and is thinking about going into nursing but has demanding work and personal responsibilities and can’t attend classes at a old-fashioned college campus setting, then an online nurse training program may be precisely what the career doctor prescribed.
Concerning prospective students eager to get involved in the health care career field, suitable online occupational opportunities and special education systems are available for working towards your new degree.
Experienced nurses who already have a diploma may enroll in internet-based continuing education lessons and campus-based medical coaching that might help them perform better at work and even continue on to attain their master’s degree in nursing.
How to become a Registered Nurse or RN
There actually are three options to get to be an RN.
1. Receive your BSN (bachelors of science degree in nursing) ;
2. Earn your associate diploma in nursing;
3. Attain a diploma in nursing.
A bachelor’s degree usually takes four years of college in order to complete, the associate’s degree about two to three years or less, and a nurse training diploma three years.
LVN, LPN and Online Program Options
Many individuals may want to focus on a career as a licensed practical nurse, or LPN. These trainees end up in job training programs which require as long as a year to complete.
LPNs treat kids or adults who may be hurt, sick, or can’t take care of themselves. They are normally supervised by RNs or medical doctors. Numerous chores of a typical LPN encompass checking a patient’s vital signs, cleaning cuts and wounds, offering bedside care and attention, prepping meals and executing many other assigned activities.
A Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) will be credentialed to practice through finishing the appropriate formal coursework and passing the state test. Because nearly all LVNs are routinely expected to work around-the-clock while taking good care of their patients, having a very caring and understanding heart is crucial in these careers.
As you finish most of your required modules and get closer to graduation, the large majority of schools try hard to furnish job placement guidance and career growth counseling.
Schools you might consider:
- Current RNs can choose from RN to BSN or RN to MSN online programs
- RN-to-BSN program offers courses in Illness and Disease Management, Principles of Assessment, and Holistic Professional Nursing
- RN to MSN specializations include Family Nurse Practitioner, Adult-Gerontology and more
- Courses help develop students’ assessment, patient care, and community outreach skills
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Globaldelivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing - RN to BSN
- MS in Nursing
- And more...
As few as 20 months
Nursing@Simmons enables Registered Nurses to earn an MSN online from Simmons College and prepare to pursue certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner in as few as 20 months.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
You can check out other career alternatives in MS. Go to http://LegalAssistantDegrees.com