Are you thinking about earning a nursing degree?
If you are a nurse who wishes to grow your career by completing advanced education courses, or if you are just an individual new to the medical field and is thinking about going into nursing but has demanding work and personal responsibilities and can’t attend classes at a old-fashioned college campus setting, then an online nurse training program may be precisely what the career doctor prescribed.
Concerning prospective students eager to get involved in the health care career field, suitable online occupational opportunities and special education systems are available for working towards your new degree.
Experienced nurses who already have a diploma may enroll in internet-based continuing education lessons and campus-based medical coaching that might help them perform better at work and even continue on to attain their master’s degree in nursing.
How to become a Registered Nurse or RN
There actually are three options to get to be an RN.
1. Receive your BSN (bachelors of science degree in nursing) ;
2. Earn your associate diploma in nursing;
3. Attain a diploma in nursing.
A bachelor’s degree usually takes four years of college in order to complete, the associate’s degree about two to three years or less, and a nurse training diploma three years.
LVN, LPN and Online Program Options
Many individuals may want to focus on a career as a licensed practical nurse, or LPN. These trainees end up in job training programs which require as long as a year to complete.
LPNs treat kids or adults who may be hurt, sick, or can’t take care of themselves. They are normally supervised by RNs or medical doctors. Numerous chores of a typical LPN encompass checking a patient’s vital signs, cleaning cuts and wounds, offering bedside care and attention, prepping meals and executing many other assigned activities.
A Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) will be credentialed to practice through finishing the appropriate formal coursework and passing the state test. Because nearly all LVNs are routinely expected to work around-the-clock while taking good care of their patients, having a very caring and understanding heart is crucial in these careers.
As you finish most of your required modules and get closer to graduation, the large majority of schools try hard to furnish job placement guidance and career growth counseling.
Schools you might consider:
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- M.S. in Nursing: Health Care Informatics (Bridge)
- And more...
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- MS in Nursing
- Executive Leader Graduate Certificate
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion)
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Education
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
As few as 20 months
Nursing@Simmons enables Registered Nurses to earn an MSN online from Simmons College and prepare to pursue certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner in as few as 20 months.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
Abilene Christian University is a national leader in Christian higher education and a place where students, faculty, staff and alumni make a real difference in the world.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- Medical Assistant Associate's Degree
- Medical Assistant Diploma
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- RN-BSN (Bachelor of Science) - Online
- Dual Degree: MSN-MBA (MSN-MBA) - Online
- MSN Nursing Administration & Leadership (Master of Science) - Online
You can check out other career alternatives in MS. Go to http://LegalAssistantDegrees.com