Are you interested in a new career as a nurse?
If you are already a professional nurse who seriously wants to advance your career by registering for new education courses, or you are someone new to this nursing field and is thinking of going into a medical field but doesn’t have much spare time and can’t commute to school at a traditional college classroom environment, an online nurse training program might be just what the career doctor ordered.
Concerning brand new students wanting to get started working in the health care field, reputable web based occupational programs and focused education systems are designed for working on your new diploma.
Current nurses who already have a degree can undertake internet-based continuing education lessons and classroom-based medical education that may help them perform better at work and possibly continue on to finish their masters diploma in medical care.
Become a Registered Nurse (RN)
There actually are three approaches to wind up as an RN.
1. Collect your BSN (bachelor’s of science degree in nursing) degree;
2. Finish your associate degree in nursing;
3. Acquire a diploma in nursing.
Your bachelors degree will require four years actually finish, the associate degree is roughly two to three years or less, and a nurse training diploma three years.
LPN, LVN and Online Program Alternatives
Many men and women might choose to start a career as a licensed practical nurse, or LPN. Such applicants enter courses and training which require around one full year to complete.
LPNs attend to kids or adults who might be hurt, suffering, or just can’t take care of themselves. LPNs are routinely supervised by RNs or doctors. Various responsibilities of a LPN include obtaining key vital signs, attending to cuts and wounds, rendering bedside care, coordinating meals and performing many other specified tasks.
The Licensed Vocational Nurse or LVN need to be licensed to practice by successfully completing all the necessary coursework and successfully completing a test. Considering the vast majority of LVNs are regularly needed to be on the job a varied schedule while tending to their patients, being very understanding is necessary in these jobs.
As you finish a large percentage of your modules and get near graduation, nearly all colleges and schools do their best to produce employment placement guidance and vocation advancement advice.
Look through these schools:
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (BSN to MSN-FNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Family Nurse Practitioner Track (BSN to DNP)
- And more...
- RN to BSN
There are alternatives to healthcare careers in Kansas City and St Louis. Go to LegalAssistantDegrees.com.