Are you interested in a new career as a nurse?
If you are already a professional nurse who seriously wants to advance your career by registering for new education courses, or you are someone new to this nursing field and is thinking of going into a medical field but doesn’t have much spare time and can’t commute to school at a traditional college classroom environment, an online nurse training program might be just what the career doctor ordered.
Concerning brand new students wanting to get started working in the health care field, reputable web based occupational programs and focused education systems are designed for working on your new diploma.
Current nurses who already have a degree can undertake internet-based continuing education lessons and classroom-based medical education that may help them perform better at work and possibly continue on to finish their masters diploma in medical care.
Become a Registered Nurse (RN)
There actually are three approaches to wind up as an RN.
1. Collect your BSN (bachelor’s of science degree in nursing) degree;
2. Finish your associate degree in nursing;
3. Acquire a diploma in nursing.
Your bachelors degree will require four years actually finish, the associate degree is roughly two to three years or less, and a nurse training diploma three years.
LPN, LVN and Online Program Alternatives
Many men and women might choose to start a career as a licensed practical nurse, or LPN. Such applicants enter courses and training which require around one full year to complete.
LPNs attend to kids or adults who might be hurt, suffering, or just can’t take care of themselves. LPNs are routinely supervised by RNs or doctors. Various responsibilities of a LPN include obtaining key vital signs, attending to cuts and wounds, rendering bedside care, coordinating meals and performing many other specified tasks.
The Licensed Vocational Nurse or LVN need to be licensed to practice by successfully completing all the necessary coursework and successfully completing a test. Considering the vast majority of LVNs are regularly needed to be on the job a varied schedule while tending to their patients, being very understanding is necessary in these jobs.
As you finish a large percentage of your modules and get near graduation, nearly all colleges and schools do their best to produce employment placement guidance and vocation advancement advice.
Look through these schools:
- Current RNs can choose from RN to BSN or RN to MSN online programs
- RN-to-BSN program offers courses in Illness and Disease Management, Principles of Assessment, and Holistic Professional Nursing
- RN to MSN specializations include Family Nurse Practitioner, Adult-Gerontology and more
- Courses help develop students’ assessment, patient care, and community outreach skills
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Globaldelivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing - RN to BSN
- MS in Nursing
- And more...
As few as 20 months
Nursing@Simmons enables Registered Nurses to earn an MSN online from Simmons College and prepare to pursue certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner in as few as 20 months.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
There are alternatives to healthcare careers in Kansas City and St Louis. Go to LegalAssistantDegrees.com.