A degree in healthcare can prepare an individual for an exciting career.
If you are already a full-time nurse who really wants to further your career by registering for advanced education classes and seminars, or if you are just a person who is brand new to this healthcare industry and is considering becoming a nurse but is tight on time and is unable to attend school at a typical college classroom environment, an online nursing program might possibly be exactly what the career doctor prescribed.
For the purpose of new, prospective students wanting to get involved with the healthcare industry, high quality internet based occupational packages and customized instruction courses are made for attaining your new diploma.
Working nurses who already have got their degree may take internet-based continuing education classes and campus-based health education that might help them perform better at work or even move on in order to finish their masters degree in healthcare.
How to become a Registered Nurse (RN)
There are usually three routes to wind up as an RN.
1. Collect your BSN (bachelor of science degree in nursing) diploma;
2. Complete your associate’s diploma in nursing;
3. Earn a diploma in nursing.
A bachelors degree will take four years of college to finish, an associates degree is about around two years, and a nursing completion diploma takes about three years.
LPN, LVN and Online Study Options
Many enrollees may choose to focus on a career as a licensed practical nurse, or LPN. Those participants get into training programs which take approximately one full year to complete.
LPNs take care of individuals who have been hurt, in pain, or just can’t take care of themselves. LPNs are normally supervised by head nurses or doctors. Several assignments of the typical LPN consist of taking a patient’s vital signs, attending to wounds and cuts, rendering bedside care, coordinating meals and beverages and performing other specified duties.
A Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) will be authorized to work through finishing the appropriate classes and training and successfully completing a state test. Considering the majority of LVNs are frequently required to work around-the-clock while tending to their patients, having a very caring and understanding heart is very important for these jobs.
As you finish the majority of your courses and get near graduating, virtually all colleges and schools do their best to produce employment placement support and vocation advancement recommendations.
Schools you could consider:
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (BSN to MSN-FNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Family Nurse Practitioner Track (BSN to DNP)
- And more...
Get hands-on training with Brookline College. We offer diploma and degree programs in the areas of health care, business, nursing, criminal justice, paralegal, and computer security. We understand that today's student is busy with many responsibilities, so we offer day, evening, and online classes, giving you options to fit school into your schedule.
- Diploma - Medical Assistant
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Medical Assistant-Associate
- Medical Assistant-Diploma
- RN to BSN
A student in NM has other career alternatives, visit some of them.