A degree in healthcare can prepare an individual for an exciting career.
If you are already a full-time nurse who really wants to further your career by registering for advanced education classes and seminars, or if you are just a person who is brand new to this healthcare industry and is considering becoming a nurse but is tight on time and is unable to attend school at a typical college classroom environment, an online nursing program might possibly be exactly what the career doctor prescribed.
For the purpose of new, prospective students wanting to get involved with the healthcare industry, high quality internet based occupational packages and customized instruction courses are made for attaining your new diploma.
Working nurses who already have got their degree may take internet-based continuing education classes and campus-based health education that might help them perform better at work or even move on in order to finish their masters degree in healthcare.
How to become a Registered Nurse (RN)
There are usually three routes to wind up as an RN.
1. Collect your BSN (bachelor of science degree in nursing) diploma;
2. Complete your associate’s diploma in nursing;
3. Earn a diploma in nursing.
A bachelors degree will take four years of college to finish, an associates degree is about around two years, and a nursing completion diploma takes about three years.
LPN, LVN and Online Study Options
Many enrollees may choose to focus on a career as a licensed practical nurse, or LPN. Those participants get into training programs which take approximately one full year to complete.
LPNs take care of individuals who have been hurt, in pain, or just can’t take care of themselves. LPNs are normally supervised by head nurses or doctors. Several assignments of the typical LPN consist of taking a patient’s vital signs, attending to wounds and cuts, rendering bedside care, coordinating meals and beverages and performing other specified duties.
A Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) will be authorized to work through finishing the appropriate classes and training and successfully completing a state test. Considering the majority of LVNs are frequently required to work around-the-clock while tending to their patients, having a very caring and understanding heart is very important for these jobs.
As you finish the majority of your courses and get near graduating, virtually all colleges and schools do their best to produce employment placement support and vocation advancement recommendations.
Schools you could consider:
- Our mission is to develop skilled nurses who embody the best qualities of the profession
- SACS accredited with campuses in Virginia, Florida, North Carolina & South Carolina
- Two workplace externship opportunities to give you hands-on experience
- Practical Nursing (PN), Nursing Degree (ADN), and Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Qualifying students can take faith in EPCI’s unwavering Fixed Tuition Pledge
- Nursing (RN) - Associate's
- Practical Nursing - Diploma
- Medical Assisting - Associate's
- Trusted San Antonio college and Institution of the Year 2018 offering campus-based and online accredited programs in Aviation Maintenance, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Business, and Nursing.
- Accelerated programs designed with affordability and convenience in mind. Achieve your professional goals faster and affordably. Financial aid, scholarships, and U.S. veterans benefits available.
- Hallmark University offers master’s, bachelor’s, and associate’s degrees that align with current industry needs to give graduates the best opportunity for success.
- Hallmark's Student Affairs’ team works directly with industry leaders to assist students in securing employment after they graduate. Our goal is 90% placement within 90 days of graduation!
- Hallmark's 20:1 student-teacher ratio allow instructors to give students constant, personal help and attention. And with 6 terms a year, you never need to wait to apply. Get started today!
- Bachelor of Science - Nursing
- Bachelor of Science - Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Master of Science - Nursing Education
Our mission is YOUR SUCCESS!
When you succeed, we succeed. That is why we provide high-quality, specialized career preparation for all our students. Our goal is to help you find your rewarding career.
Our Mission Statement:
To provide high-quality, specialized career preparation or enhancement to meet and cope with technological changes resulting in employment and career success.
- Practical Nurse, Diploma
- Medical Assisting, Diploma
Get hands-on training with Brookline College. We offer diploma and degree programs in the areas of health care, business, nursing, criminal justice, paralegal, and computer security. We understand that today's student is busy with many responsibilities, so we offer day, evening, and online classes, giving you options to fit school into your schedule.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing for Baccalaureate Degree Graduates
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Diploma - Medical Assistant
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Doctor of Philosophy in Nursing: Nursing Education
A student in NM has other career alternatives, visit some of them.