A degree in healthcare can prepare an individual for an exciting career.
If you are already a full-time nurse who really wants to further your career by registering for advanced education classes and seminars, or if you are just a person who is brand new to this healthcare industry and is considering becoming a nurse but is tight on time and is unable to attend school at a typical college classroom environment, an online nursing program might possibly be exactly what the career doctor prescribed.
For the purpose of new, prospective students wanting to get involved with the healthcare industry, high quality internet based occupational packages and customized instruction courses are made for attaining your new diploma.
Working nurses who already have got their degree may take internet-based continuing education classes and campus-based health education that might help them perform better at work or even move on in order to finish their masters degree in healthcare.
How to become a Registered Nurse (RN)
There are usually three routes to wind up as an RN.
1. Collect your BSN (bachelor of science degree in nursing) diploma;
2. Complete your associate’s diploma in nursing;
3. Earn a diploma in nursing.
A bachelors degree will take four years of college to finish, an associates degree is about around two years, and a nursing completion diploma takes about three years.
LPN, LVN and Online Study Options
Many enrollees may choose to focus on a career as a licensed practical nurse, or LPN. Those participants get into training programs which take approximately one full year to complete.
LPNs take care of individuals who have been hurt, in pain, or just can’t take care of themselves. LPNs are normally supervised by head nurses or doctors. Several assignments of the typical LPN consist of taking a patient’s vital signs, attending to wounds and cuts, rendering bedside care, coordinating meals and beverages and performing other specified duties.
A Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) will be authorized to work through finishing the appropriate classes and training and successfully completing a state test. Considering the majority of LVNs are frequently required to work around-the-clock while tending to their patients, having a very caring and understanding heart is very important for these jobs.
As you finish the majority of your courses and get near graduating, virtually all colleges and schools do their best to produce employment placement support and vocation advancement recommendations.
Schools you could consider:
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Globaldelivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing - RN to BSN
- MS in Nursing
- And more...
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
As few as 20 months
Nursing@Simmons enables Registered Nurses to earn an MSN online from Simmons College and prepare to pursue certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner in as few as 20 months.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
Our mission is YOUR SUCCESS!
When you succeed, we succeed. That is why we provide high-quality, specialized career preparation for all our students. Our goal is to help you find your rewarding career.
Our Mission Statement:
To provide high-quality, specialized career preparation or enhancement to meet and cope with technological changes resulting in employment and career success.
- Medical Assisting, AAS
- Medical Assisting, Diploma
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
A student in NM has other career alternatives, visit some of them.