A degree in healthcare can prepare an individual for an exciting career.
If you are already a full-time nurse who really wants to further your career by registering for advanced education classes and seminars, or if you are just a person who is brand new to this healthcare industry and is considering becoming a nurse but is tight on time and is unable to attend school at a typical college classroom environment, an online nursing program might possibly be exactly what the career doctor prescribed.
For the purpose of new, prospective students wanting to get involved with the healthcare industry, high quality internet based occupational packages and customized instruction courses are made for attaining your new diploma.
Working nurses who already have got their degree may take internet-based continuing education classes and campus-based health education that might help them perform better at work or even move on in order to finish their masters degree in healthcare.
How to become a Registered Nurse (RN)
There are usually three routes to wind up as an RN.
1. Collect your BSN (bachelor of science degree in nursing) diploma;
2. Complete your associate’s diploma in nursing;
3. Earn a diploma in nursing.
A bachelors degree will take four years of college to finish, an associates degree is about around two years, and a nursing completion diploma takes about three years.
LPN, LVN and Online Study Options
Many enrollees may choose to focus on a career as a licensed practical nurse, or LPN. Those participants get into training programs which take approximately one full year to complete.
LPNs take care of individuals who have been hurt, in pain, or just can’t take care of themselves. LPNs are normally supervised by head nurses or doctors. Several assignments of the typical LPN consist of taking a patient’s vital signs, attending to wounds and cuts, rendering bedside care, coordinating meals and beverages and performing other specified duties.
A Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) will be authorized to work through finishing the appropriate classes and training and successfully completing a state test. Considering the majority of LVNs are frequently required to work around-the-clock while tending to their patients, having a very caring and understanding heart is very important for these jobs.
As you finish the majority of your courses and get near graduating, virtually all colleges and schools do their best to produce employment placement support and vocation advancement recommendations.
Schools you could consider:
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- MSN: Health Policy
- MSN: Community Health
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing
Designed by RNs for RNs
Chamberlain’s RN to BSN option offers convenient 100% online coursework, no mandatory login times and no campus visits. This flexible framework allows you to continue in your current role while you pursue your degree. And, because the curriculum is developed and taught by RNs who are also educators, you know you are learning what you need to push your skills forward now – and in the future.
- RN to BSN Online Option
Our mission is YOUR SUCCESS!
When you succeed, we succeed. That is why we provide high-quality, specialized career preparation for all our students. Our goal is to help you find your rewarding career.
Our Mission Statement:
To provide high-quality, specialized career preparation or enhancement to meet and cope with technological changes resulting in employment and career success.
- Medical Assisting, AAS
- Medical Assisting, Diploma
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
A student in NM has other career alternatives, visit some of them.