A degree in healthcare can prepare an individual for an exciting career.
If you are already a full-time nurse who really wants to further your career by registering for advanced education classes and seminars, or if you are just a person who is brand new to this healthcare industry and is considering becoming a nurse but is tight on time and is unable to attend school at a typical college classroom environment, an online nursing program might possibly be exactly what the career doctor prescribed.
For the purpose of new, prospective students wanting to get involved with the healthcare industry, high quality internet based occupational packages and customized instruction courses are made for attaining your new diploma.
Working nurses who already have got their degree may take internet-based continuing education classes and campus-based health education that might help them perform better at work or even move on in order to finish their masters degree in healthcare.
How to become a Registered Nurse (RN)
There are usually three routes to wind up as an RN.
1. Collect your BSN (bachelor of science degree in nursing) diploma;
2. Complete your associate’s diploma in nursing;
3. Earn a diploma in nursing.
A bachelors degree will take four years of college to finish, an associates degree is about around two years, and a nursing completion diploma takes about three years.
LPN, LVN and Online Study Options
Many enrollees may choose to focus on a career as a licensed practical nurse, or LPN. Those participants get into training programs which take approximately one full year to complete.
LPNs take care of individuals who have been hurt, in pain, or just can’t take care of themselves. LPNs are normally supervised by head nurses or doctors. Several assignments of the typical LPN consist of taking a patient’s vital signs, attending to wounds and cuts, rendering bedside care, coordinating meals and beverages and performing other specified duties.
A Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) will be authorized to work through finishing the appropriate classes and training and successfully completing a state test. Considering the majority of LVNs are frequently required to work around-the-clock while tending to their patients, having a very caring and understanding heart is very important for these jobs.
As you finish the majority of your courses and get near graduating, virtually all colleges and schools do their best to produce employment placement support and vocation advancement recommendations.
Schools you could consider:
- Current RNs can choose from RN to BSN or RN to MSN online programs
- RN-to-BSN program offers courses in Illness and Disease Management, Principles of Assessment, and Holistic Professional Nursing
- RN to MSN specializations include Family Nurse Practitioner, Adult-Gerontology and more
- Courses help develop students’ assessment, patient care, and community outreach skills
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
- Earn a nursing degree focused on leadership & expanding technologies in healthcare
- SACS accredited with flexible options for Associate, Bachelor & Master degrees
- Regionally accredited private career university with degrees on campus or online
- Ranked #42 in 2018 Best Value Schools in U.S. News & World Report
- Ranked as a top school in the nation by the Military Times Best for Vets Colleges
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (Accelerated)
- And more...
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Health Informatics
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing
Since 1977, Keiser University has provided quality student-centered, career-focused education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions. Degrees are offered with a curriculum that is in pace with technology and workforce demand trends in business, criminal justice, health care, information technology and more. Our “one-class-at-a-time” approach allows busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
- BecomeANurseOnline.com - 100% Online/Campus Nursing Diploma Programs Available
- Are You Ready to Start Earning Your Nursing Degree in 2018? Find Affordable and Flexible CNA Programs Here!
- Answer a Few Questions to Get Free Info on Online or Campus CNA Programs Within Minutes
- Choose from Diploma, Associate, and Certificate Level Nursing Degree Options
- Get Matched to Nursing Programs Today—It's Fast, Easy, and Free!
A student in NM has other career alternatives, visit some of them.