A nurse’s job can be a mix of rewarding but challenging elements.
If you are a full-time nurse who really wants to expand your vocational career by registering for new education courses, or you are just someone who is brand new to the industry and is looking at entering the nursing field but doesn’t have much spare time and is not able to attend classes at a old-fashioned college classroom environment, an online nursing program could be exactly what the career doctor ordered.
Designed for new students willing to get involved in the health care career field, high quality internet based vocational programs and special instruction systems are designed for obtaining your new diploma.
Experienced nurses who already have got their degree can undertake online continuing education sessions and campus-based health care coaching to help advance their careers or maybe even continue on to get their graduate diploma in nursing.
Becoming a Registered Nurse (RN)
There are three avenues to transform into an RN.
1. Attain your BSN (bachelor of science diploma in nursing) degree;
2. Get your associate’s diploma in nursing;
3. Earn a completion diploma in nursing.
A bachelors degree takes four years to complete, an associate’s degree is about generally two years or less, and a nurse training completion diploma three years.
LPN, LVN and Online Program Options
Some individuals may wish to focus on a job as a licensed practical nurse, or LPN. Most of these trainees go into class programs which take approximately a year to complete.
LPNs attend folks who might be hurt, sick, or can’t take care of themselves. They are commonly instructed by head nurses or physicians. Some responsibilities of a LPN involve obtaining vital indicators, cleaning cuts and wounds, rendering bedside attention, prepping meals and beverages and undertaking many other specified assignments.
The Licensed Vocational Nurse or LVN does need to be certified to work through completing necessary education and successfully completing an exam. Given that the vast majority of LVNs are occasionally expected to be on the job work long shifts while looking after their patients, being a caring individual is necessary for these jobs.
As you go through a large percentage of your required courses and get close to graduating, the vast majority of schools work real hard to provide employment placement guidelines and vocation advancement guidance.
Take a look at these schools:
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- B.S. in Nursing (Registered Nurse - R.N. to B.S.N)
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
The mission of Mildred Elley is to provide quality career education and technical training to allow students of diverse educational, cultural and personal backgrounds to become successful in an ever-changing global economy. Mildred Elley strives to afford students quality placement opportunities and instill in all of our graduates a desire for lifelong education and learning.
- Practical Nurse (LPN)-CERT
- Clinical Medical Assistant-CERT
- Medical Assistant
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Patient Care Technician
- Medical Assistant
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Take the fast track to your future at Elmira Business Institute!
Learn how you can get the training you need to begin a rewarding career in a field of high-demand. Complete and submit the form and one of our Admissions Representatives will be in touch soon to tell you more.
- Medical Assisting
- RN to BSN
A student in NY has career alternatives – more info.