A nurse’s job can be a mix of rewarding but challenging elements.
If you are a full-time nurse who really wants to expand your vocational career by registering for new education courses, or you are just someone who is brand new to the industry and is looking at entering the nursing field but doesn’t have much spare time and is not able to attend classes at a old-fashioned college classroom environment, an online nursing program could be exactly what the career doctor ordered.
Designed for new students willing to get involved in the health care career field, high quality internet based vocational programs and special instruction systems are designed for obtaining your new diploma.
Experienced nurses who already have got their degree can undertake online continuing education sessions and campus-based health care coaching to help advance their careers or maybe even continue on to get their graduate diploma in nursing.
Becoming a Registered Nurse (RN)
There are three avenues to transform into an RN.
1. Attain your BSN (bachelor of science diploma in nursing) degree;
2. Get your associate’s diploma in nursing;
3. Earn a completion diploma in nursing.
A bachelors degree takes four years to complete, an associate’s degree is about generally two years or less, and a nurse training completion diploma three years.
LPN, LVN and Online Program Options
Some individuals may wish to focus on a job as a licensed practical nurse, or LPN. Most of these trainees go into class programs which take approximately a year to complete.
LPNs attend folks who might be hurt, sick, or can’t take care of themselves. They are commonly instructed by head nurses or physicians. Some responsibilities of a LPN involve obtaining vital indicators, cleaning cuts and wounds, rendering bedside attention, prepping meals and beverages and undertaking many other specified assignments.
The Licensed Vocational Nurse or LVN does need to be certified to work through completing necessary education and successfully completing an exam. Given that the vast majority of LVNs are occasionally expected to be on the job work long shifts while looking after their patients, being a caring individual is necessary for these jobs.
As you go through a large percentage of your required courses and get close to graduating, the vast majority of schools work real hard to provide employment placement guidelines and vocation advancement guidance.
Take a look at these schools:
There are a lot of reasons Bryant & Stratton College is the place to get an education. From the personal attention you receive from instructors that stay after class to make sure you are on the right track.
- BS Nursing Generalist
- AAS/ADN Nursing
- AAS Medical Assisting
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Health Informatics
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
Since 1977, Keiser University has provided quality student-centered, career-focused education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions. Degrees are offered with a curriculum that is in pace with technology and workforce demand trends in business, criminal justice, health care, information technology and more. Our “one-class-at-a-time” approach allows busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
A student in NY has career alternatives – more info.