Does a career in nursing interest you?
If you are already a working nurse who would like to advance your vocational career by registering in new education classes and seminars, or if you are an individual who is new to this career field and is serious about entering the nursing field but is tight on time and cannot attend classes at a typical university classroom setting, then an online nursing program might be precisely what the career doctor prescribed.
For prospective students willing to get involved in the medical career field, high quality web based occupational programs and special instruction classes are designed for obtaining your new degree.
Existing nurses who have already got a degree can also consider taking internet-based continuing education programs and classroom-based medical coaching that might help advance their careers and perhaps move on to complete their master’s diploma in nursing.
Become a Registered Nurse or RN
There are three avenues to become an RN.
1. Finish your BSN (bachelor of science diploma in nursing) ;
2. Finish your associate’s degree in nursing;
3. Complete a completion diploma in nursing.
Your bachelor’s degree will take four years of university study in order to complete, the associate degree is commonly around two years or less, and a nursing diploma three years.
LVN, LPN and Online Class Alternatives
Some men and women might choose to start a career as a licensed practical nurse, or LPN. These participants end up in class programs which take about a year to finish.
LPNs care for adults and kids who may be injured, in pain, or are having trouble taking care of themselves. LPNs are commonly managed by RNs or medical doctors. Some activities of a typical LPN include recording key vital signs, dressing cuts and wounds, delivering bedside care, preparing meals and performing many other designated duties.
The Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) need to be authorized to practice through finishing the required formal coursework and passing the state test. Considering the vast majority of LVNs are occasionally expected to be on the job work long shifts while caring for their patients, being a caring individual is imperative in these jobs.
As you go through the majority of your required training sessions and get closer to graduating, most schools work hard to provide employment placement support and vocation advancement guidance.
Take a look at these options:
At South College we welcome students from all different stages of life and career. Whether you are pursing a degree for the first time, going back to school as an adult learner, or furthering your career with an advanced degree, our faculty and staff will partner with you to give your dreams direction.
- Associate of Science in Health Science - Pre-Nursing
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (Accelerated)
- And more...
Making the decision to earn your degree and pursue your career goals could be the best decision you ever make. Enroll at ECPI University and you’ll join a collaborative and fostering learning environment, surrounded by faculty and staff who are there to support you through the entire process.
What sets ECPI University apart? Just ask the employers who hire our graduates. Since 1966, more than 3,800 employers have looked to ECPI for talented professionals who are capable of entering the workplace and doing the job right on the very first day. That’s because our curriculum is designed to meet the needs of today’s highly-specialized job market.
What Are You Waiting For?
- Nursing (RN) - Associate's
- Practical Nursing - Diploma
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Doctor of Philosophy in Nursing: Nursing Education
- Trusted San Antonio college and Institution of the Year 2018 offering campus-based and online accredited programs in Aviation Maintenance, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Business, and Nursing.
- Accelerated programs designed with affordability and convenience in mind. Achieve your professional goals faster and affordably. Financial aid, scholarships, and U.S. veterans benefits available.
- Hallmark University offers master’s, bachelor’s, and associate’s degrees that align with current industry needs to give graduates the best opportunity for success.
- Hallmark's Student Affairs’ team works directly with industry leaders to assist students in securing employment after they graduate. Our goal is 90% placement within 90 days of graduation!
- Hallmark's 20:1 student-teacher ratio allow instructors to give students constant, personal help and attention. And with 6 terms a year, you never need to wait to apply. Get started today!
- Bachelor of Science - Nursing
- Bachelor of Science - Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Master of Science - Nursing Education
Maybe you’re not sure about the medical field. Discover alternatives in engineering – http://www.schoolsofengineering.com