Does a career in nursing interest you?
If you are already a working nurse who would like to advance your vocational career by registering in new education classes and seminars, or if you are an individual who is new to this career field and is serious about entering the nursing field but is tight on time and cannot attend classes at a typical university classroom setting, then an online nursing program might be precisely what the career doctor prescribed.
For prospective students willing to get involved in the medical career field, high quality web based occupational programs and special instruction classes are designed for obtaining your new degree.
Existing nurses who have already got a degree can also consider taking internet-based continuing education programs and classroom-based medical coaching that might help advance their careers and perhaps move on to complete their master’s diploma in nursing.
Become a Registered Nurse or RN
There are three avenues to become an RN.
1. Finish your BSN (bachelor of science diploma in nursing) ;
2. Finish your associate’s degree in nursing;
3. Complete a completion diploma in nursing.
Your bachelor’s degree will take four years of university study in order to complete, the associate degree is commonly around two years or less, and a nursing diploma three years.
LVN, LPN and Online Class Alternatives
Some men and women might choose to start a career as a licensed practical nurse, or LPN. These participants end up in class programs which take about a year to finish.
LPNs care for adults and kids who may be injured, in pain, or are having trouble taking care of themselves. LPNs are commonly managed by RNs or medical doctors. Some activities of a typical LPN include recording key vital signs, dressing cuts and wounds, delivering bedside care, preparing meals and performing many other designated duties.
The Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) need to be authorized to practice through finishing the required formal coursework and passing the state test. Considering the vast majority of LVNs are occasionally expected to be on the job work long shifts while caring for their patients, being a caring individual is imperative in these jobs.
As you go through the majority of your required training sessions and get closer to graduating, most schools work hard to provide employment placement support and vocation advancement guidance.
Take a look at these options:
As a student at South University, you will have the opportunity to learn from accomplished faculty members who have real-world experience in the subjects that they teach. Our small class sizes allow you to receive personalized attention from instructors, and the encouragement to recognize your goals for the future and the means to achieve them.
- Nursing (BS)
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
Centura College, with campus locations in Virginia, South Carolina and Florida, is dedicated to helping students gain the skills and attitudes necessary to succeed. Drawing from over 30 years of career school experience.
- Practical Nursing Diploma
- Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Medical Assisting-Clinical Concentration
- Do you aspire to fulfill an evolving healthcare role as a highly-qualified nursing professional? GCU is the place for you.
- RNs, pursue your BSN or MSN conveniently online, backed by the legacy of GCU's traditional campus.
- GCU's bachelor's and master's programs prepare students to fill roles in direct care, management, health education and administrative disciplines.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at GCU are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Develop with hands-on practice, online and lab simulations and in depth peer discussions exploring best practices.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- RN to BSN
Maybe you’re not sure about the medical field. Discover alternatives in engineering – http://www.schoolsofengineering.com