Do you think you have the interest and desire to become a good nurse?
If you are a full or part-time nurse who wishes to expand your professional career by taking part in advanced training classes and seminars, or you are just an individual new to this nursing field and is looking into going into the nursing field but doesn’t have much spare time and is not able to commute to classes at a typical university classroom setting, then an online nursing program may very well be exactly what the career doctor recommended.
Concerning new, prospective students seeking to get involved with the health field, high quality internet based occupational opportunities and focused instruction classes are suitable for attaining your new diploma.
Experienced nurses who already have a degree can consider enrolling in web-based continuing education classes and campus-based vocational training that might help them at their job or perhaps move on in order to complete their master’s degree in healthcare.
Become a Registered Nurse or RN
There are three ways to transform into an RN.
1. Earn your BSN (bachelors of science degree in nursing) ;
2. Finish your associates diploma in nursing;
3. Receive a diploma in nursing.
Your bachelor’s degree normally requires four years of university study to finish, an associate’s degree is about two to three years, and a nursing diploma may take up to three years.
LVN, LPN and Online Class Options
Certain men and women may like to focus on a career as a licensed practical nurse, or LPN. Such applicants join job training programs which take close to a year to completely finish.
LPNs care for folks who might be hurt, suffering, or can’t take care of themselves. They are commonly managed by RNs or doctors. Just a couple of the many assignments of a LPN encompass recording a patient’s vital signs, dressing cuts and wounds, administering bedside care, delivering meals and beverages and undertaking other specified duties.
A Licensed Vocational Nurse or LVN will be approved to practice through successfully finishing necessary formal education and passing the state test. As the vast majority of LVNs are often times needed to be on the job around-the-clock while looking after their patients, having a very caring and understanding heart is critical in these jobs.
As you complete the majority of your required modules and get closer to graduation, the vast majority of schools try hard to present job placement direction and career development tips.
Take a look through these choices:
- Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- Degree Variety: GCU offers a full-spectrum of nursing programs including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as post-master’s certificates.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Grand Canyon University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu-accreditation).
- GCU provides a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Depending on the degree you choose, you could take online, evening, or on-campus classes. Speak with an enrollment counselor to discuss your options!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (BSN to MSN-FNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Family Nurse Practitioner Track (BSN to DNP)
- And more...
- RN to BSN
It could be that this is not the perfect future career for you. You can see alternatives such as engineering — http://Schoolsofengineering.com