Have you considered going to school to become a nurse?
If you are a nurse who really wants to further your career by taking part in advanced training classes, or maybe you are someone who is new to this healthcare field and is planning on going into nursing but has demanding work and personal responsibilities and is unable to commute to classes at a classic school campus environment, then an online nurse training school might possibly be precisely what the career doctor prescribed.
When it comes to new students wishing to get involved with the health care field, high quality web-based occupational packages and unique training classes are suitable for acquiring your new degree.
Experienced nurses who have a degree can undertake internet-based continuing education sessions and campus-based medical coaching that may help advance their careers or possibly move on in order to attain their master’s degree in nursing.
Becoming a Registered Nurse (RN)
There are generally three options to transform into an RN.
1. Attain your BSN (bachelor’s of science degree in nursing) ;
2. Complete your associate’s diploma in nursing;
3. Acquire a completion diploma in nursing.
A bachelors degree normally takes four years in order to complete, an associates degree is roughly two to three years or less, and a nursing completion diploma takes about three years.
LVN, LPN and Online Courses
Many individuals may like to pursue a job as a licensed practical nurse, or LPN. Those individuals join courses and training which take just one full year to finish.
LPNs care for kids or adults who are often hurt, in pain, or just can’t take care of themselves. They are typically instructed by head nurses or medical doctors. Numerous demands of a LPN involve checking vital signs, attending to wounds and cuts, rendering bedside care, delivering meals and doing additional designated activities.
The Licensed Vocational Nurse or LVN does need to be accredited to practice through successfully completing all the necessary education and successfully completing an examination. As the vast majority of LVNs are often times required to work at different times of the day and night while taking good care of their patients, being very understanding is vital for these careers.
As you pass most of your required training sessions and get closer to graduation, the vast majority of colleges and schools do their best to furnish job placement support and vocation development recommendations.
Here is a short list:
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- B.S. in Nursing (Registered Nurse - R.N. to B.S.N)
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
You can get started on a new career with Institute of Technology. We offer diploma and associate degree programs for careers in the culinary, technical, medical, business, and legal fields.
For more information about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information, please visit our website at www.iot.edu/disclosure.
- Practical Nursing
- Professional Medical Assistant
You can prepare for a new career with help from Charter College. Our accelerated Associates Degree, and Certificate programs are designed to help you complete your education as quickly as possible. We offer year-round classes and flexible scheduling - study anytime from anywhere. We provide students not only with the technical skills necessary for success, but also job search and placement assistance so you can find new opportunities after graduation.
- Certificate - Medical Assistant
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- RN to BSN
A student in OR has additional education choices. More Oregon colleges.