Nursing can be a great career — is it right for you?
If you are already a professional nurse who wishes to further your vocational career by registering for more training classes, or if you are a person who is new to this medical field and is serious about going into a medical field but doesn’t have much spare time and simply can’t attend classes at a classic college classroom environment, then an online nursing program might possibly be just what the career doctor ordered.
For the purpose of new, prospective students wishing to get involved in the health career field, reliable internet based occupational opportunities and specialty training systems are suitable for acquiring your new diploma.
Professional nurses who have a diploma can also consider taking internet based continuing education classes and campus-based medical coaching to help them at their job or even continue on to finish their master’s degree in medical care.
How to become a Registered Nurse or RN
There are three means to get to be an RN.
1. Acquire your BSN (bachelor’s of science degree in nursing) degree;
2. Finish off your associates diploma in nursing;
3. Attain a diploma in nursing.
Your bachelor degree will require four years to finish, the associates degree is commonly two to three years, and a nursing diploma may take up to three years.
LPN, LVN and Online Class Options
Some men and women may want to begin a job as a licensed practical nurse, or LPN. Those individuals get into class programs which require just about a year to completely finish.
LPNs deal with folks who might be hurt, in pain, or can’t take care of themselves. They are regularly instructed by head nurses or physicians. Just a couple of the many duties of a typical LPN encompass recording vital indicators, attending to cuts and wounds, providing bedside care and attention, coordinating meals and beverages and carrying out other specified duties.
A Licensed Vocational Nurse or LVN need to be approved to practice by completing all the necessary training and successfully completing the state examination. Given that almost all LVNs are many times required to work at any hour of the day or night while looking after their patients, having a caring and understand personality is absolutely necessary in these jobs.
As you pass most of your courses and get near to graduating, the vast majority of schools try hard to deliver job placement direction and career growth advice.
We have built a list of schools:
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Practical Nursing
- Patient Care Technician
- Medical Assistant
- And more...
- Do you aspire to fulfill an evolving healthcare role as a highly-qualified nursing professional? GCU is the place for you.
- RNs, pursue your BSN or MSN conveniently online, backed by the legacy of GCU's traditional campus.
- GCU's bachelor's and master's programs prepare students to fill roles in direct care, management, health education and administrative disciplines.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at GCU are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Develop with hands-on practice, online and lab simulations and in depth peer discussions exploring best practices.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Health Informatics
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- BSN: RNs: Post Licensure: Global Studies
- MSN: Master of Nursing - MS in Healthcare Administration (Dual)
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing
Since 1977, Keiser University has provided quality student-centered, career-focused education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions. Degrees are offered with a curriculum that is in pace with technology and workforce demand trends in business, criminal justice, health care, information technology and more. Our “one-class-at-a-time” approach allows busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
- BecomeANurseOnline.com - 100% Online/Campus Nursing Diploma Programs Available
- Are You Ready to Start Earning Your Nursing Degree in 2018? Find Affordable and Flexible CNA Programs Here!
- Answer a Few Questions to Get Free Info on Online or Campus CNA Programs Within Minutes
- Choose from Diploma, Associate, and Certificate Level Nursing Degree Options
- Get Matched to Nursing Programs Today—It's Fast, Easy, and Free!
A student in Philadelphia or Pittsburgh has education options at other PA colleges.