Nursing can be a great career — is it right for you?
If you are already a professional nurse who wishes to further your vocational career by registering for more training classes, or if you are a person who is new to this medical field and is serious about going into a medical field but doesn’t have much spare time and simply can’t attend classes at a classic college classroom environment, then an online nursing program might possibly be just what the career doctor ordered.
For the purpose of new, prospective students wishing to get involved in the health career field, reliable internet based occupational opportunities and specialty training systems are suitable for acquiring your new diploma.
Professional nurses who have a diploma can also consider taking internet based continuing education classes and campus-based medical coaching to help them at their job or even continue on to finish their master’s degree in medical care.
How to become a Registered Nurse or RN
There are three means to get to be an RN.
1. Acquire your BSN (bachelor’s of science degree in nursing) degree;
2. Finish off your associates diploma in nursing;
3. Attain a diploma in nursing.
Your bachelor degree will require four years to finish, the associates degree is commonly two to three years, and a nursing diploma may take up to three years.
LPN, LVN and Online Class Options
Some men and women may want to begin a job as a licensed practical nurse, or LPN. Those individuals get into class programs which require just about a year to completely finish.
LPNs deal with folks who might be hurt, in pain, or can’t take care of themselves. They are regularly instructed by head nurses or physicians. Just a couple of the many duties of a typical LPN encompass recording vital indicators, attending to cuts and wounds, providing bedside care and attention, coordinating meals and beverages and carrying out other specified duties.
A Licensed Vocational Nurse or LVN need to be approved to practice by completing all the necessary training and successfully completing the state examination. Given that almost all LVNs are many times required to work at any hour of the day or night while looking after their patients, having a caring and understand personality is absolutely necessary in these jobs.
As you pass most of your courses and get near to graduating, the vast majority of schools try hard to deliver job placement direction and career growth advice.
We have built a list of schools:
- Fortis offers nursing programs including ADN, PN, BSN degrees, and more
- 40+ schools in 15 states including Florida, Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia
- All colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or other accrediting bodies
- Fortis Online serves benefits to US military service members
- Grants & scholarship aid may be available for qualifying students
- Associate Degree in Nursing
- PN RN Associate Degree Bridge Program
- Practical Nursing
- And more...
- Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- Degree Variety: GCU offers a full-spectrum of nursing programs including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as post-master’s certificates.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Grand Canyon University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu-accreditation).
- GCU provides a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Depending on the degree you choose, you could take online, evening, or on-campus classes. Speak with an enrollment counselor to discuss your options!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- B.S. in Nursing (Registered Nurse - R.N. to B.S.N)
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (BSN to MSN-FNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Family Nurse Practitioner Track (BSN to DNP)
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
Take the fast track to your future at Elmira Business Institute!
Learn how you can get the training you need to begin a rewarding career in a field of high-demand. Complete and submit the form and one of our Admissions Representatives will be in touch soon to tell you more.
- Medical Assisting
Start your future now!
With their convenient location right outside of Reading, PA, and a multitude of courses and programs, Berks Technical Institute provides training that results in Associate in Specialized Technology degrees, Associate in Specialized Business degrees, Certificates of Completion and diplomas in growing fields. Berks Technical Institute makes it easy to find the right career fit for you.
- Medical Assisting
The Jolie Academies can give you the skills, professional instruction, and hands-on training and you'll need to launch your career the rewarding cosmetology field.
- Nurse Aide
- RN to BSN
A student in Philadelphia or Pittsburgh has education options at other PA colleges.