Nursing can be a great career — is it right for you?
If you are already a professional nurse who wishes to further your vocational career by registering for more training classes, or if you are a person who is new to this medical field and is serious about going into a medical field but doesn’t have much spare time and simply can’t attend classes at a classic college classroom environment, then an online nursing program might possibly be just what the career doctor ordered.
For the purpose of new, prospective students wishing to get involved in the health career field, reliable internet based occupational opportunities and specialty training systems are suitable for acquiring your new diploma.
Professional nurses who have a diploma can also consider taking internet based continuing education classes and campus-based medical coaching to help them at their job or even continue on to finish their master’s degree in medical care.
How to become a Registered Nurse or RN
There are three means to get to be an RN.
1. Acquire your BSN (bachelor’s of science degree in nursing) degree;
2. Finish off your associates diploma in nursing;
3. Attain a diploma in nursing.
Your bachelor degree will require four years to finish, the associates degree is commonly two to three years, and a nursing diploma may take up to three years.
LPN, LVN and Online Class Options
Some men and women may want to begin a job as a licensed practical nurse, or LPN. Those individuals get into class programs which require just about a year to completely finish.
LPNs deal with folks who might be hurt, in pain, or can’t take care of themselves. They are regularly instructed by head nurses or physicians. Just a couple of the many duties of a typical LPN encompass recording vital indicators, attending to cuts and wounds, providing bedside care and attention, coordinating meals and beverages and carrying out other specified duties.
A Licensed Vocational Nurse or LVN need to be approved to practice by completing all the necessary training and successfully completing the state examination. Given that almost all LVNs are many times required to work at any hour of the day or night while looking after their patients, having a caring and understand personality is absolutely necessary in these jobs.
As you pass most of your courses and get near to graduating, the vast majority of schools try hard to deliver job placement direction and career growth advice.
We have built a list of schools:
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Doctor of Philosophy in Nursing: Nursing Education
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Practical Nursing
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assisting (Associate in Specialized Technology Degree)
A student in Philadelphia or Pittsburgh has education options at other PA colleges.