Thinking about becoming a healthcare major?
If you are a full or part-time nurse who wants to grow your professional career by signing up for new education courses, or perhaps you are just someone who is brand new to the healthcare industry and is interested in going into nursing but is strapped for time and cannot attend school at a conventional college classroom setting, an online nursing school could possibly be exactly what the career doctor prescribed.
When it comes to new, prospective students willing to get started working in the medical care field, reputable online vocational opportunities and focused training systems are suitable for working on your new degree.
Professional nurses who already have got a degree can consider internet based continuing education sessions and campus-based health care training that might help them at their job and possibly continue on in order to attain their graduate diploma in nursing.
Become a Registered Nurse or RN
There are three options to end up as an RN.
1. Acquire your BSN (bachelor of science degree in nursing) degree;
2. Get your associates diploma in nursing;
3. Earn a completion diploma in nursing.
A bachelor degree might take four years in order to complete, the associate’s degree is generally generally two years, and a nurse training diploma may take up to three years.
LPN, LVN and Online Classes
Certain enrollees might choose to pursue a career as a licensed practical nurse, or LPN. Such students start job training programs which take close to one year to finish.
LPNs care for adults and kids who might be hurt, suffering, or are having problems taking care of themselves. LPNs are often directed by RNs or doctors. Some tasks of the typical LPN consist of recording a patient’s vital indicators, cleaning wounds and cuts, administering bedside care and attention, delivering meals and beverages and undertaking other types of specified assignments.
A Licensed Vocational Nurse or LVN does need to be credentialed to work by successfully completing necessary formal education and successfully completing the state examination. While nearly all LVNs are commonly expected to work at different times of the day and night while caring for their patients, having a caring and understand personality is critical for these jobs.
As you get through a large percentage of your required courses and get near graduating, the large majority of schools work hard to give you job placement suggestions and vocation growth advice.
Start with this list:
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Abilene Christian University is a national leader in Christian higher education and a place where students, faculty, staff and alumni make a real difference in the world.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
A student in RI enjoys some other education possibilities at other Rhode Island schools.