Thinking about becoming a healthcare major?
If you are a full or part-time nurse who wants to grow your professional career by signing up for new education courses, or perhaps you are just someone who is brand new to the healthcare industry and is interested in going into nursing but is strapped for time and cannot attend school at a conventional college classroom setting, an online nursing school could possibly be exactly what the career doctor prescribed.
When it comes to new, prospective students willing to get started working in the medical care field, reputable online vocational opportunities and focused training systems are suitable for working on your new degree.
Professional nurses who already have got a degree can consider internet based continuing education sessions and campus-based health care training that might help them at their job and possibly continue on in order to attain their graduate diploma in nursing.
Become a Registered Nurse or RN
There are three options to end up as an RN.
1. Acquire your BSN (bachelor of science degree in nursing) degree;
2. Get your associates diploma in nursing;
3. Earn a completion diploma in nursing.
A bachelor degree might take four years in order to complete, the associate’s degree is generally generally two years, and a nurse training diploma may take up to three years.
LPN, LVN and Online Classes
Certain enrollees might choose to pursue a career as a licensed practical nurse, or LPN. Such students start job training programs which take close to one year to finish.
LPNs care for adults and kids who might be hurt, suffering, or are having problems taking care of themselves. LPNs are often directed by RNs or doctors. Some tasks of the typical LPN consist of recording a patient’s vital indicators, cleaning wounds and cuts, administering bedside care and attention, delivering meals and beverages and undertaking other types of specified assignments.
A Licensed Vocational Nurse or LVN does need to be credentialed to work by successfully completing necessary formal education and successfully completing the state examination. While nearly all LVNs are commonly expected to work at different times of the day and night while caring for their patients, having a caring and understand personality is critical for these jobs.
As you get through a large percentage of your required courses and get near graduating, the large majority of schools work hard to give you job placement suggestions and vocation growth advice.
Start with this list:
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Health Informatics
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- And more...
CTU Classes Are As Close As The Mobile App.
Take classes with the help of your smartphone, tablet or laptop. CTU’s online bachelor’s programs were ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News & World Report.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion)
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Education
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
- BecomeANurseOnline.com - 100% Online & CCNE Accredited MSN Programs Available
- Are You Ready to Start Earning Your MSN Degree in 2018? Find Master of Science in Nursing Programs Here
- Answer a Few Questions to Get Free Info on Online MSN Programs Within Minutes
- Get Matched to Online Nursing Degree Programs Today — It's Fast, Easy, and Free!
A student in RI enjoys some other education possibilities at other Rhode Island schools.