Thinking about becoming a healthcare major?
If you are a full or part-time nurse who wants to grow your professional career by signing up for new education courses, or perhaps you are just someone who is brand new to the healthcare industry and is interested in going into nursing but is strapped for time and cannot attend school at a conventional college classroom setting, an online nursing school could possibly be exactly what the career doctor prescribed.
When it comes to new, prospective students willing to get started working in the medical care field, reputable online vocational opportunities and focused training systems are suitable for working on your new degree.
Professional nurses who already have got a degree can consider internet based continuing education sessions and campus-based health care training that might help them at their job and possibly continue on in order to attain their graduate diploma in nursing.
Become a Registered Nurse or RN
There are three options to end up as an RN.
1. Acquire your BSN (bachelor of science degree in nursing) degree;
2. Get your associates diploma in nursing;
3. Earn a completion diploma in nursing.
A bachelor degree might take four years in order to complete, the associate’s degree is generally generally two years, and a nurse training diploma may take up to three years.
LPN, LVN and Online Classes
Certain enrollees might choose to pursue a career as a licensed practical nurse, or LPN. Such students start job training programs which take close to one year to finish.
LPNs care for adults and kids who might be hurt, suffering, or are having problems taking care of themselves. LPNs are often directed by RNs or doctors. Some tasks of the typical LPN consist of recording a patient’s vital indicators, cleaning wounds and cuts, administering bedside care and attention, delivering meals and beverages and undertaking other types of specified assignments.
A Licensed Vocational Nurse or LVN does need to be credentialed to work by successfully completing necessary formal education and successfully completing the state examination. While nearly all LVNs are commonly expected to work at different times of the day and night while caring for their patients, having a caring and understand personality is critical for these jobs.
As you get through a large percentage of your required courses and get near graduating, the large majority of schools work hard to give you job placement suggestions and vocation growth advice.
Start with this list:
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
Nursing@Simmons enables Registered Nurses to earn an MSN online from the Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences in as few as 20 months. As a student, you will attend live online classes and gain clinical experience at sites in or near your community, secured with the assistance of a dedicated clinical placement team. Accredited by CCNE, the program offers part-time and full-time options to prepare you for certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
Designed by RNs for RNs
Chamberlain’s RN to BSN option offers convenient 100% online coursework, no mandatory login times and no campus visits. This flexible framework allows you to continue in your current role while you pursue your degree. And, because the curriculum is developed and taught by RNs who are also educators, you know you are learning what you need to push your skills forward now – and in the future.
- RN to BSN Online Option
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
A student in RI enjoys some other education possibilities at other Rhode Island schools.