Thinking about becoming a healthcare major?
If you are a full or part-time nurse who wants to grow your professional career by signing up for new education courses, or perhaps you are just someone who is brand new to the healthcare industry and is interested in going into nursing but is strapped for time and cannot attend school at a conventional college classroom setting, an online nursing school could possibly be exactly what the career doctor prescribed.
When it comes to new, prospective students willing to get started working in the medical care field, reputable online vocational opportunities and focused training systems are suitable for working on your new degree.
Professional nurses who already have got a degree can consider internet based continuing education sessions and campus-based health care training that might help them at their job and possibly continue on in order to attain their graduate diploma in nursing.
Become a Registered Nurse or RN
There are three options to end up as an RN.
1. Acquire your BSN (bachelor of science degree in nursing) degree;
2. Get your associates diploma in nursing;
3. Earn a completion diploma in nursing.
A bachelor degree might take four years in order to complete, the associate’s degree is generally generally two years, and a nurse training diploma may take up to three years.
LPN, LVN and Online Classes
Certain enrollees might choose to pursue a career as a licensed practical nurse, or LPN. Such students start job training programs which take close to one year to finish.
LPNs care for adults and kids who might be hurt, suffering, or are having problems taking care of themselves. LPNs are often directed by RNs or doctors. Some tasks of the typical LPN consist of recording a patient’s vital indicators, cleaning wounds and cuts, administering bedside care and attention, delivering meals and beverages and undertaking other types of specified assignments.
A Licensed Vocational Nurse or LVN does need to be credentialed to work by successfully completing necessary formal education and successfully completing the state examination. While nearly all LVNs are commonly expected to work at different times of the day and night while caring for their patients, having a caring and understand personality is critical for these jobs.
As you get through a large percentage of your required courses and get near graduating, the large majority of schools work hard to give you job placement suggestions and vocation growth advice.
Start with this list:
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- And more...
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- MS in Nursing
- Executive Leader Graduate Certificate
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion)
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Education
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
As few as 20 months
Nursing@Simmons enables Registered Nurses to earn an MSN online from Simmons College and prepare to pursue certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner in as few as 20 months.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
Abilene Christian University is a national leader in Christian higher education and a place where students, faculty, staff and alumni make a real difference in the world.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
A student in RI enjoys some other education possibilities at other Rhode Island schools.