Thinking about becoming a healthcare major?
If you are a full or part-time nurse who wants to grow your professional career by signing up for new education courses, or perhaps you are just someone who is brand new to the healthcare industry and is interested in going into nursing but is strapped for time and cannot attend school at a conventional college classroom setting, an online nursing school could possibly be exactly what the career doctor prescribed.
When it comes to new, prospective students willing to get started working in the medical care field, reputable online vocational opportunities and focused training systems are suitable for working on your new degree.
Professional nurses who already have got a degree can consider internet based continuing education sessions and campus-based health care training that might help them at their job and possibly continue on in order to attain their graduate diploma in nursing.
Become a Registered Nurse or RN
There are three options to end up as an RN.
1. Acquire your BSN (bachelor of science degree in nursing) degree;
2. Get your associates diploma in nursing;
3. Earn a completion diploma in nursing.
A bachelor degree might take four years in order to complete, the associate’s degree is generally generally two years, and a nurse training diploma may take up to three years.
LPN, LVN and Online Classes
Certain enrollees might choose to pursue a career as a licensed practical nurse, or LPN. Such students start job training programs which take close to one year to finish.
LPNs care for adults and kids who might be hurt, suffering, or are having problems taking care of themselves. LPNs are often directed by RNs or doctors. Some tasks of the typical LPN consist of recording a patient’s vital indicators, cleaning wounds and cuts, administering bedside care and attention, delivering meals and beverages and undertaking other types of specified assignments.
A Licensed Vocational Nurse or LVN does need to be credentialed to work by successfully completing necessary formal education and successfully completing the state examination. While nearly all LVNs are commonly expected to work at different times of the day and night while caring for their patients, having a caring and understand personality is critical for these jobs.
As you get through a large percentage of your required courses and get near graduating, the large majority of schools work hard to give you job placement suggestions and vocation growth advice.
Start with this list:
- Kaplan University Online Degree Programs
- Attend college on your terms. Kaplan University offers fully online degree programs that fit any schedule.
- MS in Nursing
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- Master of Science in Nursing - Family Nurse Practitioner, Primary Care
- And more...
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
What Are You Waiting For?
- Nursing (RN-BSN) - Bachelor's
- Nursing - Master's
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
New England Institute of Technology is a private, non-profit, co-educational technical university offering over 50 Associate in Science, Bachelor of Science and Master of Science degree programs. As a leader in technical career education in southern New England, New England Institute of Technology (also known as New England Tech or NEIT) is committed to providing hands-on technological programs that prepare graduates for positions of leadership in the technical, industrial, business, and allied health communities. Most of our associate degree programs can be completed in as little as 18 months, and bachelor’s degree programs in as little as three years. Last year, over 3,000 students chose New England Tech for the hands-on laboratory and classroom training that provides the necessary skills to begin their technical careers.
- AS - Nursing
- Nursing BS, Bachelor of Science
- AS - Clinical Medical Assistant
Wilkes University’s School of Nursing offers CCNE-accredited online degrees and certificate programs ideal for working health care professionals, instructed by experienced, respected faculty dedicated to mentoring and personalized support for every student. Our nursing degrees offer the cutting-edge professional knowledge and skills needed in today’s dynamic, evolving health care industry.
- RN to MS - Nursing Informatics
- M.S. with Major in Nursing - Nursing Informatics
- DNP - Doctor of Nursing Practice
- And more...
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion)
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Education
With over 80 years of academic achievements, Jacksonville University is a traditional, longstanding institution consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of America's best colleges.
- MSN Clinical Nurse Educator
- RN to BSN (licensed RNs only)
- RN to MSN in Clinical Nurse Educator
- And more...
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- And more...
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
A student in RI enjoys some other education possibilities at other Rhode Island schools.