Thinking about going to school for a healthcare degree?
If you are a full or part-time nurse who hopes to expand your career by completing continuing education classes and seminars, or you are just someone who is new to the career field and is planning on going into the nursing field but has demanding work and personal responsibilities and is not able to attend classes at a old-fashioned school classroom environment, then an online nursing program is often just what the career doctor ordered.
For brand new students willing to get started in the medical career field, reliable web-based vocational opportunities and customized training systems are made for working on your new diploma.
Current nurses who currently have their diploma can also consider enrolling in internet based continuing education courses and campus-based healthcare training that may help advance their careers or even continue on to finish their master’s degree in healthcare.
Becoming a Registered Nurse or RN
There are generally three routes to get to be an RN.
1. Collect your BSN (bachelors of science diploma in nursing) diploma;
2. Earn your associates diploma in nursing;
3. Receive a diploma in nursing.
Your bachelor’s degree takes four years of university study to finish, the associates degree is commonly around two years or less, and a nurse training completion diploma three years.
LVN, LPN and Online Course Options
Certain men and women may like to begin with a career as a licensed practical nurse, or LPN. Most of these enrollees start courses and training which take nearly a year to finish.
LPNs care for people who are often hurt, suffering, or can’t take care of themselves. LPNs are typically managed by head nurses or physicians. Numerous tasks of the typical LPN include taking key vital indicators, attending to cuts and wounds, providing bedside care, preparing meals and beverages and executing numerous other specified activities.
The Licensed Vocational Nurse or LVN is required to be approved to work through completing the required formal education and passing an examination. Considering the majority of LVNs are often expected to be on the job at any hour of the day or night while tending to their patients, having a very caring and understanding heart is vital for these careers.
As you pass the majority of your classes and get near graduating, most schools work hard to present job placement guidance and employment growth counseling.
You can begin with this list:
- Keiser University Online
- Offering 100% online programs for undergraduate and graduate degrees at Keiser!
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (Accelerated)
- And more...
- Fortis offers nursing programs including ADN, PN, BSN degrees, and more
- 40+ schools in 15 states including Florida, Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia
- All colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or other accrediting bodies
- Fortis Online serves benefits to US military service members
- Grants & scholarship aid may be available for qualifying students
- Associate Degree in Nursing
- Practical Nursing
- PN RN Associate Degree Bridge Program
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- MSN: Health Policy
- MSN: Community Health
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
Miller-Motte Colleges and Miller-Motte Technical Colleges comprise the Miller-Motte family of schools which is part of Ancora Education. For over a century, Miller-Motte has been a reputable leader in private career education.
- Medical Clinical Assistant
Designed by RNs for RNs
Chamberlain’s RN to BSN option offers convenient 100% online coursework, no mandatory login times and no campus visits. This flexible framework allows you to continue in your current role while you pursue your degree. And, because the curriculum is developed and taught by RNs who are also educators, you know you are learning what you need to push your skills forward now – and in the future.
- RN to BSN Online Option
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
A student in SC enjoys more education choices. Look for other SC schools.