Thinking about going to school for a healthcare degree?
If you are a full or part-time nurse who hopes to expand your career by completing continuing education classes and seminars, or you are just someone who is new to the career field and is planning on going into the nursing field but has demanding work and personal responsibilities and is not able to attend classes at a old-fashioned school classroom environment, then an online nursing program is often just what the career doctor ordered.
For brand new students willing to get started in the medical career field, reliable web-based vocational opportunities and customized training systems are made for working on your new diploma.
Current nurses who currently have their diploma can also consider enrolling in internet based continuing education courses and campus-based healthcare training that may help advance their careers or even continue on to finish their master’s degree in healthcare.
Becoming a Registered Nurse or RN
There are generally three routes to get to be an RN.
1. Collect your BSN (bachelors of science diploma in nursing) diploma;
2. Earn your associates diploma in nursing;
3. Receive a diploma in nursing.
Your bachelor’s degree takes four years of university study to finish, the associates degree is commonly around two years or less, and a nurse training completion diploma three years.
LVN, LPN and Online Course Options
Certain men and women may like to begin with a career as a licensed practical nurse, or LPN. Most of these enrollees start courses and training which take nearly a year to finish.
LPNs care for people who are often hurt, suffering, or can’t take care of themselves. LPNs are typically managed by head nurses or physicians. Numerous tasks of the typical LPN include taking key vital indicators, attending to cuts and wounds, providing bedside care, preparing meals and beverages and executing numerous other specified activities.
The Licensed Vocational Nurse or LVN is required to be approved to work through completing the required formal education and passing an examination. Considering the majority of LVNs are often expected to be on the job at any hour of the day or night while tending to their patients, having a very caring and understanding heart is vital for these careers.
As you pass the majority of your classes and get near graduating, most schools work hard to present job placement guidance and employment growth counseling.
You can begin with this list:
As a student at South University, you will have the opportunity to learn from accomplished faculty members who have real-world experience in the subjects that they teach. Our small class sizes allow you to receive personalized attention from instructors, and the encouragement to recognize your goals for the future and the means to achieve them.
- Nursing (BS)
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Do you aspire to fulfill an evolving healthcare role as a highly-qualified nursing professional? GCU is the place for you.
- RNs, pursue your BSN or MSN conveniently online, backed by the legacy of GCU's traditional campus.
- GCU's bachelor's and master's programs prepare students to fill roles in direct care, management, health education and administrative disciplines.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at GCU are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Develop with hands-on practice, online and lab simulations and in depth peer discussions exploring best practices.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- And more...
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Associate Degree in Nursing
- Medical Assistant
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (BSN to MSN-FNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Family Nurse Practitioner Track (BSN to DNP)
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- RN to BSN
Helms College, a nonprofit post-secondary career college operated by Goodwill Industries of Middle Georgia and the CSRA, has been granted continued accreditation by the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACCET), a national accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- Multi-Skilled Medical Assistant
A student in SC enjoys more education choices. Look for other SC schools.