Thinking about going to school for a healthcare degree?
If you are a full or part-time nurse who hopes to expand your career by completing continuing education classes and seminars, or you are just someone who is new to the career field and is planning on going into the nursing field but has demanding work and personal responsibilities and is not able to attend classes at a old-fashioned school classroom environment, then an online nursing program is often just what the career doctor ordered.
For brand new students willing to get started in the medical career field, reliable web-based vocational opportunities and customized training systems are made for working on your new diploma.
Current nurses who currently have their diploma can also consider enrolling in internet based continuing education courses and campus-based healthcare training that may help advance their careers or even continue on to finish their master’s degree in healthcare.
Becoming a Registered Nurse or RN
There are generally three routes to get to be an RN.
1. Collect your BSN (bachelors of science diploma in nursing) diploma;
2. Earn your associates diploma in nursing;
3. Receive a diploma in nursing.
Your bachelor’s degree takes four years of university study to finish, the associates degree is commonly around two years or less, and a nurse training completion diploma three years.
LVN, LPN and Online Course Options
Certain men and women may like to begin with a career as a licensed practical nurse, or LPN. Most of these enrollees start courses and training which take nearly a year to finish.
LPNs care for people who are often hurt, suffering, or can’t take care of themselves. LPNs are typically managed by head nurses or physicians. Numerous tasks of the typical LPN include taking key vital indicators, attending to cuts and wounds, providing bedside care, preparing meals and beverages and executing numerous other specified activities.
The Licensed Vocational Nurse or LVN is required to be approved to work through completing the required formal education and passing an examination. Considering the majority of LVNs are often expected to be on the job at any hour of the day or night while tending to their patients, having a very caring and understanding heart is vital for these careers.
As you pass the majority of your classes and get near graduating, most schools work hard to present job placement guidance and employment growth counseling.
You can begin with this list:
- Trusted San Antonio college and Institution of the Year 2018 offering campus-based and online accredited programs in Aviation Maintenance, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Business, and Nursing.
- Accelerated programs designed with affordability and convenience in mind. Achieve your professional goals faster and affordably. Financial aid, scholarships, and U.S. veterans benefits available.
- Hallmark University offers master’s, bachelor’s, and associate’s degrees that align with current industry needs to give graduates the best opportunity for success.
- Hallmark's Student Affairs’ team works directly with industry leaders to assist students in securing employment after they graduate. Our goal is 90% placement within 90 days of graduation!
- Hallmark's 20:1 student-teacher ratio allow instructors to give students constant, personal help and attention. And with 6 terms a year, you never need to wait to apply. Get started today!
- Bachelor of Science - Nursing
- Bachelor of Science - Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Master of Science - Nursing Education
Making the decision to earn your degree and pursue your career goals could be the best decision you ever make. Enroll at ECPI University and you’ll join a collaborative and fostering learning environment, surrounded by faculty and staff who are there to support you through the entire process.
What sets ECPI University apart? Just ask the employers who hire our graduates. Since 1966, more than 3,800 employers have looked to ECPI for talented professionals who are capable of entering the workplace and doing the job right on the very first day. That’s because our curriculum is designed to meet the needs of today’s highly-specialized job market.
What Are You Waiting For?
- Nursing (RN) - Associate's
- Practical Nursing - Diploma
- Medical Assisting - Associate's
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Doctor of Philosophy in Nursing: Nursing Education
A student in SC enjoys more education choices. Look for other SC schools.