Thinking about going to school for a healthcare degree?
If you are a full or part-time nurse who hopes to expand your career by completing continuing education classes and seminars, or you are just someone who is new to the career field and is planning on going into the nursing field but has demanding work and personal responsibilities and is not able to attend classes at a old-fashioned school classroom environment, then an online nursing program is often just what the career doctor ordered.
For brand new students willing to get started in the medical career field, reliable web-based vocational opportunities and customized training systems are made for working on your new diploma.
Current nurses who currently have their diploma can also consider enrolling in internet based continuing education courses and campus-based healthcare training that may help advance their careers or even continue on to finish their master’s degree in healthcare.
Becoming a Registered Nurse or RN
There are generally three routes to get to be an RN.
1. Collect your BSN (bachelors of science diploma in nursing) diploma;
2. Earn your associates diploma in nursing;
3. Receive a diploma in nursing.
Your bachelor’s degree takes four years of university study to finish, the associates degree is commonly around two years or less, and a nurse training completion diploma three years.
LVN, LPN and Online Course Options
Certain men and women may like to begin with a career as a licensed practical nurse, or LPN. Most of these enrollees start courses and training which take nearly a year to finish.
LPNs care for people who are often hurt, suffering, or can’t take care of themselves. LPNs are typically managed by head nurses or physicians. Numerous tasks of the typical LPN include taking key vital indicators, attending to cuts and wounds, providing bedside care, preparing meals and beverages and executing numerous other specified activities.
The Licensed Vocational Nurse or LVN is required to be approved to work through completing the required formal education and passing an examination. Considering the majority of LVNs are often expected to be on the job at any hour of the day or night while tending to their patients, having a very caring and understanding heart is vital for these careers.
As you pass the majority of your classes and get near graduating, most schools work hard to present job placement guidance and employment growth counseling.
You can begin with this list:
- Fortis offers nursing programs including ADN, PN, BSN degrees, and more
- 40+ schools in 15 states including Florida, Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia
- All colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or other accrediting bodies
- Fortis Online serves benefits to US military service members
- Grants & scholarship aid may be available for qualifying students
- Associate Degree in Nursing
- Practical Nursing
- PN RN Associate Degree Bridge Program
- And more...
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Globaldelivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing - RN to BSN
- MS in Nursing
- And more...
As few as 20 months
Nursing@Simmons enables Registered Nurses to earn an MSN online from Simmons College and prepare to pursue certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner in as few as 20 months.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
As a student at South University, you will have the opportunity to learn from accomplished faculty members who have real-world experience in the subjects that they teach. Our small class sizes allow you to receive personalized attention from instructors, and the encouragement to recognize your goals for the future and the means to achieve them.
- Nursing (BS)
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
Miller-Motte Colleges and Miller-Motte Technical Colleges comprise the Miller-Motte family of schools which is part of Ancora Education. For over a century, Miller-Motte has been a reputable leader in private career education.
- Medical Clinical Assistant
Prepare for a Health Care Career in as Few as 8 Months at Southeastern Institute!
At Southeastern Institute we’ll help you choose the health care program that is perfect for your personal growth and interests, and will support you at every step along the way. Receive hands-on instruction from caring instructors with practical experience in the fields in which they teach. Southeastern Institute’s small class sizes and individualized attention can be just what you need to succeed.
- Medical Assisting
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
A student in SC enjoys more education choices. Look for other SC schools.