Thinking about going to school for a healthcare degree?
If you are a full or part-time nurse who hopes to expand your career by completing continuing education classes and seminars, or you are just someone who is new to the career field and is planning on going into the nursing field but has demanding work and personal responsibilities and is not able to attend classes at a old-fashioned school classroom environment, then an online nursing program is often just what the career doctor ordered.
For brand new students willing to get started in the medical career field, reliable web-based vocational opportunities and customized training systems are made for working on your new diploma.
Current nurses who currently have their diploma can also consider enrolling in internet based continuing education courses and campus-based healthcare training that may help advance their careers or even continue on to finish their master’s degree in healthcare.
Becoming a Registered Nurse or RN
There are generally three routes to get to be an RN.
1. Collect your BSN (bachelors of science diploma in nursing) diploma;
2. Earn your associates diploma in nursing;
3. Receive a diploma in nursing.
Your bachelor’s degree takes four years of university study to finish, the associates degree is commonly around two years or less, and a nurse training completion diploma three years.
LVN, LPN and Online Course Options
Certain men and women may like to begin with a career as a licensed practical nurse, or LPN. Most of these enrollees start courses and training which take nearly a year to finish.
LPNs care for people who are often hurt, suffering, or can’t take care of themselves. LPNs are typically managed by head nurses or physicians. Numerous tasks of the typical LPN include taking key vital indicators, attending to cuts and wounds, providing bedside care, preparing meals and beverages and executing numerous other specified activities.
The Licensed Vocational Nurse or LVN is required to be approved to work through completing the required formal education and passing an examination. Considering the majority of LVNs are often expected to be on the job at any hour of the day or night while tending to their patients, having a very caring and understanding heart is vital for these careers.
As you pass the majority of your classes and get near graduating, most schools work hard to present job placement guidance and employment growth counseling.
You can begin with this list:
- Fortis offers nursing programs including ADN, PN, BSN degrees, and more
- 40+ schools in 15 states including Florida, Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia
- All colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or other accrediting bodies
- Fortis Online serves benefits to US military service members
- Grants & scholarship aid may be available for qualifying students
- Associate Degree in Nursing
- Practical Nursing
- PN RN Associate Degree Bridge Program
- And more...
- Current RNs can choose from RN to BSN or RN to MSN online programs
- RN-to-BSN program offers courses in Illness and Disease Management, Principles of Assessment, and Holistic Professional Nursing
- RN to MSN specializations include Family Nurse Practitioner, Adult-Gerontology and more
- Courses help develop students’ assessment, patient care, and community outreach skills
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
As a student at South University, you will have the opportunity to learn from accomplished faculty members who have real-world experience in the subjects that they teach. Our small class sizes allow you to receive personalized attention from instructors, and the encouragement to recognize your goals for the future and the means to achieve them.
- Nursing (BS)
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Health Informatics
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing
Since 1977, Keiser University has provided quality student-centered, career-focused education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions. Degrees are offered with a curriculum that is in pace with technology and workforce demand trends in business, criminal justice, health care, information technology and more. Our “one-class-at-a-time” approach allows busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
- BecomeANurseOnline.com - 100% Online/Campus Nursing Diploma Programs Available
- Are You Ready to Start Earning Your Nursing Degree in 2018? Find Affordable and Flexible CNA Programs Here!
- Answer a Few Questions to Get Free Info on Online or Campus CNA Programs Within Minutes
- Choose from Diploma, Associate, and Certificate Level Nursing Degree Options
- Get Matched to Nursing Programs Today—It's Fast, Easy, and Free!
A student in SC enjoys more education choices. Look for other SC schools.