Is a career in nursing right for you?
If you are already a professional nurse who wishes to expand your career by signing up for more education courses, or perhaps you are a person new to this healthcare field and is looking at entering the nursing field but doesn’t have much spare time and is unable to attend school at a typical school classroom setting, an online nursing program is often precisely what the career doctor prescribed.
Concerning prospective students seeking to get involved with the medical industry, good quality internet based occupational programs and special education classes are suitable for working towards your new diploma.
Current nurses who have already got their diploma may consider online continuing education lessons and classroom-based health care education that might help them perform better at work or possibly go on in order to finish their graduate degree in medical care.
Become a Registered Nurse (RN)
There are really three approaches to develop into an RN.
1. Get your BSN (bachelor’s of science diploma in nursing) diploma;
2. Get your associate degree in nursing;
3. Complete a completion diploma in nursing.
Your bachelors degree can take four years of college actually finish, an associate degree is commonly two to three years, and a nursing completion diploma takes about three years.
LPN, LVN and Online Programs
Some applicants might choose to start with a job as a licensed practical nurse, or LPN. A majority of these applicants enroll in class programs which take around one full year to completely finish.
LPNs look after folks who may be injured, suffering, or are having problems taking care of themselves. LPNs are typically led by head nurses or doctors. Numerous activities of the typical LPN consist of recording critical indicators, dressing wounds and cuts, rendering bedside care and attention, preparing meals and undertaking numerous other designated obligations.
The Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) will be authorized to work by successfully completing necessary formal education and successfully passing an examination. While nearly all LVNs are often times needed to work work long hours while taking good care of their patients, being a caring individual is crucial for these positions.
As you finish many of your required modules and get near to graduation, most schools work real hard to give employment placement suggestions and career advancement help and advice.
Start your search here:
- Do you aspire to fulfill an evolving healthcare role as a highly-qualified nursing professional? GCU is the place for you.
- RNs, pursue your BSN or MSN conveniently online, backed by the legacy of GCU's traditional campus.
- GCU's bachelor's and master's programs prepare students to fill roles in direct care, management, health education and administrative disciplines.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at GCU are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Develop with hands-on practice, online and lab simulations and in depth peer discussions exploring best practices.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- And more...
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- MS in Nursing
- Executive Leader Graduate Certificate
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion)
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Education
As few as 20 months
Nursing@Simmons enables Registered Nurses to earn an MSN online from Simmons College and prepare to pursue certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner in as few as 20 months.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Abilene Christian University is a national leader in Christian higher education and a place where students, faculty, staff and alumni make a real difference in the world.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- RN-BSN (Bachelor of Science) - Online
- Dual Degree: MSN-MBA (MSN-MBA) - Online
- MSN Nursing Administration & Leadership (Master of Science) - Online
A Sioux Falls student could decide to enroll for a different field of study. Consider SD options.