Is a career in nursing right for you?
If you are already a professional nurse who wishes to expand your career by signing up for more education courses, or perhaps you are a person new to this healthcare field and is looking at entering the nursing field but doesn’t have much spare time and is unable to attend school at a typical school classroom setting, an online nursing program is often precisely what the career doctor prescribed.
Concerning prospective students seeking to get involved with the medical industry, good quality internet based occupational programs and special education classes are suitable for working towards your new diploma.
Current nurses who have already got their diploma may consider online continuing education lessons and classroom-based health care education that might help them perform better at work or possibly go on in order to finish their graduate degree in medical care.
Become a Registered Nurse (RN)
There are really three approaches to develop into an RN.
1. Get your BSN (bachelor’s of science diploma in nursing) diploma;
2. Get your associate degree in nursing;
3. Complete a completion diploma in nursing.
Your bachelors degree can take four years of college actually finish, an associate degree is commonly two to three years, and a nursing completion diploma takes about three years.
LPN, LVN and Online Programs
Some applicants might choose to start with a job as a licensed practical nurse, or LPN. A majority of these applicants enroll in class programs which take around one full year to completely finish.
LPNs look after folks who may be injured, suffering, or are having problems taking care of themselves. LPNs are typically led by head nurses or doctors. Numerous activities of the typical LPN consist of recording critical indicators, dressing wounds and cuts, rendering bedside care and attention, preparing meals and undertaking numerous other designated obligations.
The Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) will be authorized to work by successfully completing necessary formal education and successfully passing an examination. While nearly all LVNs are often times needed to work work long hours while taking good care of their patients, being a caring individual is crucial for these positions.
As you finish many of your required modules and get near to graduation, most schools work real hard to give employment placement suggestions and career advancement help and advice.
Start your search here:
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Health Informatics
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
- BecomeANurseOnline.com - 100% Online/Campus Nursing Diploma Programs Available
- Are You Ready to Start Earning Your Nursing Degree in 2018? Find Affordable and Flexible CNA Programs Here!
- Answer a Few Questions to Get Free Info on Online or Campus CNA Programs Within Minutes
- Choose from Diploma, Associate, and Certificate Level Nursing Degree Options
- Get Matched to Nursing Programs Today—It's Fast, Easy, and Free!
A Sioux Falls student could decide to enroll for a different field of study. Consider SD options.