Is a career in nursing something you are considering?
If you are a full or part-time nurse who wants to further your professional career by registering for new training courses, or perhaps you are just someone new to this industry and is interested in going into nursing but has demanding work and personal responsibilities and simply cannot commute to school at a old-fashioned school campus setting, an online nursing school may very well be exactly what the career doctor recommended.
Suitable for brand new students eager to get started in the medical career field, suitable internet based vocational opportunities and specialty training systems are available for completing your new degree.
Experienced nurses who have their diploma can consider web-based continuing education courses and campus-based vocational education that might help advance their careers and possibly continue on to earn their master’s diploma in nursing.
Become a Registered Nurse or RN
There are really three means to end up an RN.
1. Receive your BSN (bachelor’s of science degree in nursing) diploma;
2. Wrap up your associates degree in nursing;
3. Receive a completion diploma in nursing.
Your bachelor degree is going to take four years actually finish, the associates degree is generally around two years, and a nurse training completion diploma takes about three years.
LVN, LPN and Online Courses
Certain applicants might choose to begin with a job as a licensed practical nurse, or LPN. Those applicants end up in job training programs which take close to one year to completely finish.
LPNs take care of individuals who are often hurt, sick, or are having trouble taking care of themselves. They are routinely instructed by head nurses or medical doctors. Some assignments of a typical LPN include obtaining critical indicators, dressing wounds and cuts, administering bedside care, coordinating meals and beverages and executing other types of designated duties.
The Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) must be accredited to practice through successfully completing the required training and successfully passing the state examination. Considering the majority of LVNs are many times needed to work a varied schedule while tending to their patients, having a caring and understand personality is crucial in these positions.
As you wrap up a large percentage of your modules and get near graduating, most schools do their best to provide employment placement guidance and career development guidance.
Begin your research here:
- Fortis offers nursing programs including ADN, PN, BSN degrees, and more
- 40+ schools in 15 states including Florida, Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia
- All colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or other accrediting bodies
- Fortis Online serves benefits to US military service members
- Grants & scholarship aid may be available for qualifying students
- Associate Degree in Nursing
- Practical Nursing
- PN RN Associate Degree Bridge Program
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- MSN: Health Policy
- MSN: Community Health
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Available programs include Health Administrative Services, Human, Social, and Health Services, Medical Billing Administration, and Medical Office Management.
- Professional financial aid advisors work with students individually to find the best financial aid solution.
- All programs are 100% online.
- Accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES).
- Medical Assistant - Associate of Applied Science
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
- Medical Assistant
Miller-Motte Colleges and Miller-Motte Technical Colleges comprise the Miller-Motte family of schools which is part of Ancora Education. For over a century, Miller-Motte has been a reputable leader in private career education.
- Medical Clinical Assistant
Designed by RNs for RNs
Chamberlain’s RN to BSN option offers convenient 100% online coursework, no mandatory login times and no campus visits. This flexible framework allows you to continue in your current role while you pursue your degree. And, because the curriculum is developed and taught by RNs who are also educators, you know you are learning what you need to push your skills forward now – and in the future.
- RN to BSN Online Option
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
A student in TN has more career alternatives to consider. Look at TN choices.