Is a career in nursing something you are considering?
If you are a full or part-time nurse who wants to further your professional career by registering for new training courses, or perhaps you are just someone new to this industry and is interested in going into nursing but has demanding work and personal responsibilities and simply cannot commute to school at a old-fashioned school campus setting, an online nursing school may very well be exactly what the career doctor recommended.
Suitable for brand new students eager to get started in the medical career field, suitable internet based vocational opportunities and specialty training systems are available for completing your new degree.
Experienced nurses who have their diploma can consider web-based continuing education courses and campus-based vocational education that might help advance their careers and possibly continue on to earn their master’s diploma in nursing.
Become a Registered Nurse or RN
There are really three means to end up an RN.
1. Receive your BSN (bachelor’s of science degree in nursing) diploma;
2. Wrap up your associates degree in nursing;
3. Receive a completion diploma in nursing.
Your bachelor degree is going to take four years actually finish, the associates degree is generally around two years, and a nurse training completion diploma takes about three years.
LVN, LPN and Online Courses
Certain applicants might choose to begin with a job as a licensed practical nurse, or LPN. Those applicants end up in job training programs which take close to one year to completely finish.
LPNs take care of individuals who are often hurt, sick, or are having trouble taking care of themselves. They are routinely instructed by head nurses or medical doctors. Some assignments of a typical LPN include obtaining critical indicators, dressing wounds and cuts, administering bedside care, coordinating meals and beverages and executing other types of designated duties.
The Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) must be accredited to practice through successfully completing the required training and successfully passing the state examination. Considering the majority of LVNs are many times needed to work a varied schedule while tending to their patients, having a caring and understand personality is crucial in these positions.
As you wrap up a large percentage of your modules and get near graduating, most schools do their best to provide employment placement guidance and career development guidance.
Begin your research here:
- Fortis offers nursing programs including ADN, PN, BSN degrees, and more
- 40+ schools in 15 states including Florida, Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia
- All colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or other accrediting bodies
- Fortis Online serves benefits to US military service members
- Grants & scholarship aid may be available for qualifying students
- Associate Degree in Nursing
- Practical Nursing
- PN RN Associate Degree Bridge Program
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- MSN: Health Policy
- MSN: Community Health
- Doctor of Philosophy in Nursing: Nursing Education
At South College we welcome students from all different stages of life and career. Whether you are pursing a degree for the first time, going back to school as an adult learner, or furthering your career with an advanced degree, our faculty and staff will partner with you to give your dreams direction.
- Associate of Science in Health Science - Pre-Nursing
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Certificate in Medical Assisting
- And more...
- Medical Assistant
Designed by RNs for RNs
Chamberlain’s RN to BSN option offers convenient 100% online coursework, no mandatory login times and no campus visits. This flexible framework allows you to continue in your current role while you pursue your degree. And, because the curriculum is developed and taught by RNs who are also educators, you know you are learning what you need to push your skills forward now – and in the future.
- RN to BSN Online Option
Get hands-on training with Remington College. We offer diploma and associate and bachelor's degree programs in business, criminal justice, culinary arts, health care, and cosmetology at our campuses in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Hawaii, Louisiana, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Texas — plus some courses are offered online.
- AS in Medical Assisting
- Medical Assisting - Associate
- BecomeANurseOnline.com - Online/Campus Nursing Diploma Programs Available
- Are You Ready to Start Earning Your Nursing Degree in 2019? Find Affordable and Flexible CNA Programs Here!
- Answer a Few Questions to Get Free Info on Online or Campus CNA Programs Within Minutes
- Choose from Diploma, Associate, and Certificate Level Nursing Degree Options
- Get Matched to Nursing Programs Today—It's Fast, Easy, and Free!
A student in TN has more career alternatives to consider. Look at TN choices.