So, you’re thinking about becoming a nursing major?
If you are already a full-time nurse who hopes to grow your vocational career by completing new education courses, or if you are a person who is new to this career field and is serious about entering the nursing field but has demanding work and personal responsibilities and can’t commute to classes at a regular university campus setting, then an online nursing program might possibly be just what the career doctor recommended.
For new, prospective students wishing to get involved with the healthcare career field, good online vocational packages and specialized instruction courses are made for attaining your new degree.
Current nurses who have already got their degree may consider taking internet based continuing education programs and campus-based vocational coaching that may help them at their job or maybe even continue on in order to get their graduate diploma in health care.
How to become a Registered Nurse (RN)
There are usually three avenues to turn into an RN.
1. Get your BSN (bachelor of science diploma in nursing) degree;
2. Wrap up your associates diploma in nursing;
3. Complete a diploma in nursing.
A bachelors degree is going to take four years of college actually finish, an associate’s degree is about two to three years or less, and a nursing completion diploma three years.
LVN, LPN and Online Course Options
Certain enrollees may choose to begin a job as a licensed practical nurse, or LPN. These trainees get into class programs which take close to one full year to completely finish.
LPNs take care of men and women who are injured, suffering, or can’t take care of themselves. LPNs are often supervised by head nurses or physicians. Several demands of a LPN involve checking a patient’s vital indicators, attending to wounds, giving bedside attention, prepping meals and beverages and carrying out additional assigned activities.
A Licensed Vocational Nurse or LVN must be licensed to work by successfully completing necessary classes and training and passing a state test. Because the majority of LVNs are all too often expected to work work long hours while looking after their patients, having a very caring and understanding heart is absolutely essential for these careers.
As you pass most of your required training sessions and get closer to graduation, the vast majority of colleges and schools try hard to give you job placement direction and employment development recommendations.
Get started with these schools:
- Our mission is to develop skilled nurses who embody the best qualities of the profession
- SACS accredited with campuses in Virginia, Florida, North Carolina & South Carolina
- Two workplace externship opportunities to give you hands-on experience
- Practical Nursing (PN), Nursing Degree (ADN), and Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Qualifying students can take faith in EPCI’s unwavering Fixed Tuition Pledge
- Nursing (RN) - Associate's
- Practical Nursing - Diploma
- Medical Assisting - Associate's
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Associate Degree in Nursing
- Trusted San Antonio college and Institution of the Year 2018 offering campus-based and online accredited programs in Aviation Maintenance, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Business, and Nursing.
- Accelerated programs designed with affordability and convenience in mind. Achieve your professional goals faster and affordably. Financial aid, scholarships, and U.S. veterans benefits available.
- Hallmark University offers master’s, bachelor’s, and associate’s degrees that align with current industry needs to give graduates the best opportunity for success.
- Hallmark's Student Affairs’ team works directly with industry leaders to assist students in securing employment after they graduate. Our goal is 90% placement within 90 days of graduation!
- Hallmark's 20:1 student-teacher ratio allow instructors to give students constant, personal help and attention. And with 6 terms a year, you never need to wait to apply. Get started today!
- Bachelor of Science - Nursing
- Bachelor of Science - Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Master of Science - Nursing Education
The Secret to Getting Ahead Is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in Stevens-Henager® College is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Nursing Education (AD)
- Medical Assisting (AOS)
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Doctor of Philosophy in Nursing: Nursing Education
A student in UT has additional job training possibilities and other choices.