So, you’re thinking about becoming a nursing major?
If you are already a full-time nurse who hopes to grow your vocational career by completing new education courses, or if you are a person who is new to this career field and is serious about entering the nursing field but has demanding work and personal responsibilities and can’t commute to classes at a regular university campus setting, then an online nursing program might possibly be just what the career doctor recommended.
For new, prospective students wishing to get involved with the healthcare career field, good online vocational packages and specialized instruction courses are made for attaining your new degree.
Current nurses who have already got their degree may consider taking internet based continuing education programs and campus-based vocational coaching that may help them at their job or maybe even continue on in order to get their graduate diploma in health care.
How to become a Registered Nurse (RN)
There are usually three avenues to turn into an RN.
1. Get your BSN (bachelor of science diploma in nursing) degree;
2. Wrap up your associates diploma in nursing;
3. Complete a diploma in nursing.
A bachelors degree is going to take four years of college actually finish, an associate’s degree is about two to three years or less, and a nursing completion diploma three years.
LVN, LPN and Online Course Options
Certain enrollees may choose to begin a job as a licensed practical nurse, or LPN. These trainees get into class programs which take close to one full year to completely finish.
LPNs take care of men and women who are injured, suffering, or can’t take care of themselves. LPNs are often supervised by head nurses or physicians. Several demands of a LPN involve checking a patient’s vital indicators, attending to wounds, giving bedside attention, prepping meals and beverages and carrying out additional assigned activities.
A Licensed Vocational Nurse or LVN must be licensed to work by successfully completing necessary classes and training and passing a state test. Because the majority of LVNs are all too often expected to work work long hours while looking after their patients, having a very caring and understanding heart is absolutely essential for these careers.
As you pass most of your required training sessions and get closer to graduation, the vast majority of colleges and schools try hard to give you job placement direction and employment development recommendations.
Get started with these schools:
- Fortis offers nursing programs including ADN, PN, BSN degrees, and more
- 40+ schools in 15 states including Florida, Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia
- All colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or other accrediting bodies
- Fortis Online serves benefits to US military service members
- Grants & scholarship aid may be available for qualifying students
- Associate Degree in Nursing
- Practical Nursing
- PN RN Associate Degree Bridge Program
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- MSN: Health Policy
- MSN: Community Health
- Doctor of Philosophy in Nursing: Nursing Education
The Secret to Getting Ahead Is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in Stevens-Henager® College is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Nursing (RN completion to BS) (RN req.)
- Medical Assisting (AOS)
Designed by RNs for RNs
Chamberlain’s RN to BSN option offers convenient 100% online coursework, no mandatory login times and no campus visits. This flexible framework allows you to continue in your current role while you pursue your degree. And, because the curriculum is developed and taught by RNs who are also educators, you know you are learning what you need to push your skills forward now – and in the future.
- RN to BSN Online Option
- BecomeANurseOnline.com - Online/Campus Nursing Diploma Programs Available
- Are You Ready to Start Earning Your Nursing Degree in 2019? Find Affordable and Flexible CNA Programs Here!
- Answer a Few Questions to Get Free Info on Online or Campus CNA Programs Within Minutes
- Choose from Diploma, Associate, and Certificate Level Nursing Degree Options
- Get Matched to Nursing Programs Today—It's Fast, Easy, and Free!
A student in UT has additional job training possibilities and other choices.