So, you’re thinking about going to school for a nursing degree?
If you are already a full-time nurse who hopes to grow your professional career by taking part in continuing education programs, or maybe you are a person new to this field and is considering becoming a nurse but doesn’t have much spare time and can’t commute to classes at a typical school classroom environment, then an online nursing school might be just what the career doctor prescribed.
For the purpose of prospective students eager to get started working in the health field, high quality web-based vocational programs and focused instruction courses are available for acquiring your new degree.
Existing nurses who have their diploma can also consider enrolling in online continuing education instruction and campus-based vocational training that might help advance their careers and even move on in order to attain their master’s degree in nursing.
Becoming a Registered Nurse (RN)
There are generally three options to transform into an RN.
1. Receive your BSN (bachelors of science degree in nursing) diploma;
2. Get your associate’s degree in nursing;
3. Complete a diploma in nursing.
Your bachelor’s degree is going to take four years of university study actually finish, the associates degree is often two to three years, and a nursing completion diploma takes about three years.
LPN, LVN and Online Course Options
Certain applicants may want to pursue a career as a licensed practical nurse, or LPN. Those trainees enroll in job training programs which require roughly one full year to completely finish.
LPNs deal with individuals who are injured, sick, or just can’t take care of themselves. LPNs are generally managed by head nurses or doctors. Numerous responsibilities of a typical LPN involve checking vital indicators, cleaning wounds and cuts, imparting bedside attention, scheduling meals and executing other types of assigned duties.
A Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) need to be approved to practice through finishing necessary classes and training and passing the state examination. Given that almost all LVNs are sometimes expected to work weekends and holidays while taking care of their patients, being very understanding is extremely important for these positions.
As you finish off most of your training sessions and get near graduating, virtually all colleges and schools try hard to supply job placement assistance and career development guidance.
We have a short list of possible schools:
- Kaplan University Online Degree Programs
- Attend college on your terms. Kaplan University offers fully online degree programs that fit any schedule.
- MS in Nursing
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- Master of Science in Nursing - Family Nurse Practitioner, Primary Care
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- And more...
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion)
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Education
Wilkes University’s School of Nursing offers CCNE-accredited online degrees and certificate programs ideal for working health care professionals, instructed by experienced, respected faculty dedicated to mentoring and personalized support for every student. Our nursing degrees offer the cutting-edge professional knowledge and skills needed in today’s dynamic, evolving health care industry.
- RN to MS - Nursing Informatics
- M.S. with Major in Nursing - Nursing Informatics
- DNP - Doctor of Nursing Practice
- And more...
- Practical Nurse (LPN)-CERT
- Clinical Medical Assistant-CERT
With over 80 years of academic achievements, Jacksonville University is a traditional, longstanding institution consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of America's best colleges.
- MSN Clinical Nurse Educator
- RN to BSN (licensed RNs only)
- RN to MSN in Clinical Nurse Educator
- And more...
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (BSN to MSN-FNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Family Nurse Practitioner Track (BSN to DNP)
- And more...
A student in Burlington or other areas of VT have other education options.