So, you’re thinking about going to school for a nursing degree?
If you are already a full-time nurse who hopes to grow your professional career by taking part in continuing education programs, or maybe you are a person new to this field and is considering becoming a nurse but doesn’t have much spare time and can’t commute to classes at a typical school classroom environment, then an online nursing school might be just what the career doctor prescribed.
For the purpose of prospective students eager to get started working in the health field, high quality web-based vocational programs and focused instruction courses are available for acquiring your new degree.
Existing nurses who have their diploma can also consider enrolling in online continuing education instruction and campus-based vocational training that might help advance their careers and even move on in order to attain their master’s degree in nursing.
Becoming a Registered Nurse (RN)
There are generally three options to transform into an RN.
1. Receive your BSN (bachelors of science degree in nursing) diploma;
2. Get your associate’s degree in nursing;
3. Complete a diploma in nursing.
Your bachelor’s degree is going to take four years of university study actually finish, the associates degree is often two to three years, and a nursing completion diploma takes about three years.
LPN, LVN and Online Course Options
Certain applicants may want to pursue a career as a licensed practical nurse, or LPN. Those trainees enroll in job training programs which require roughly one full year to completely finish.
LPNs deal with individuals who are injured, sick, or just can’t take care of themselves. LPNs are generally managed by head nurses or doctors. Numerous responsibilities of a typical LPN involve checking vital indicators, cleaning wounds and cuts, imparting bedside attention, scheduling meals and executing other types of assigned duties.
A Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) need to be approved to practice through finishing necessary classes and training and passing the state examination. Given that almost all LVNs are sometimes expected to work weekends and holidays while taking care of their patients, being very understanding is extremely important for these positions.
As you finish off most of your training sessions and get near graduating, virtually all colleges and schools try hard to supply job placement assistance and career development guidance.
We have a short list of possible schools:
- Current RNs can choose from RN to BSN or RN to MSN online programs
- RN-to-BSN program offers courses in Illness and Disease Management, Principles of Assessment, and Holistic Professional Nursing
- RN to MSN specializations include Family Nurse Practitioner, Adult-Gerontology and more
- Courses help develop students’ assessment, patient care, and community outreach skills
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Abilene Christian University is a national leader in Christian higher education and a place where students, faculty, staff and alumni make a real difference in the world.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
A student in Burlington or other areas of VT have other education options.