So, you’re thinking about going to school for a nursing degree?
If you are already a full-time nurse who hopes to grow your professional career by taking part in continuing education programs, or maybe you are a person new to this field and is considering becoming a nurse but doesn’t have much spare time and can’t commute to classes at a typical school classroom environment, then an online nursing school might be just what the career doctor prescribed.
For the purpose of prospective students eager to get started working in the health field, high quality web-based vocational programs and focused instruction courses are available for acquiring your new degree.
Existing nurses who have their diploma can also consider enrolling in online continuing education instruction and campus-based vocational training that might help advance their careers and even move on in order to attain their master’s degree in nursing.
Becoming a Registered Nurse (RN)
There are generally three options to transform into an RN.
1. Receive your BSN (bachelors of science degree in nursing) diploma;
2. Get your associate’s degree in nursing;
3. Complete a diploma in nursing.
Your bachelor’s degree is going to take four years of university study actually finish, the associates degree is often two to three years, and a nursing completion diploma takes about three years.
LPN, LVN and Online Course Options
Certain applicants may want to pursue a career as a licensed practical nurse, or LPN. Those trainees enroll in job training programs which require roughly one full year to completely finish.
LPNs deal with individuals who are injured, sick, or just can’t take care of themselves. LPNs are generally managed by head nurses or doctors. Numerous responsibilities of a typical LPN involve checking vital indicators, cleaning wounds and cuts, imparting bedside attention, scheduling meals and executing other types of assigned duties.
A Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) need to be approved to practice through finishing necessary classes and training and passing the state examination. Given that almost all LVNs are sometimes expected to work weekends and holidays while taking care of their patients, being very understanding is extremely important for these positions.
As you finish off most of your training sessions and get near graduating, virtually all colleges and schools try hard to supply job placement assistance and career development guidance.
We have a short list of possible schools:
- RNs, join one of GCU's CCNE-accredited bachelor's, master's or doctoral nursing programs.
- Offering a full spectrum of nursing programs to fit your education needs and career aspirations.
- Online and evening classes designed to meet the needs of working students and adults.
- A holistic, physical, emotional and spiritual approach to patient care is taught in the classroom.
- Curriculum that connects classroom theories to working scenarios through many modalities.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- And more...
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- MS in Nursing
- Executive Leader Graduate Certificate
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion)
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Education
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
As few as 20 months
Nursing@Simmons enables Registered Nurses to earn an MSN online from Simmons College and prepare to pursue certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner in as few as 20 months.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
The mission of Mildred Elley is to provide quality career education and technical training to allow students of diverse educational, cultural and personal backgrounds to become successful in an ever-changing global economy. Mildred Elley strives to afford students quality placement opportunities and instill in all of our graduates a desire for lifelong education and learning.
- Practical Nurse (LPN)-CERT
- Clinical Medical Assistant-CERT
Abilene Christian University is a national leader in Christian higher education and a place where students, faculty, staff and alumni make a real difference in the world.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
A student in Burlington or other areas of VT have other education options.