Nursing is a great career field — but is it right for you?
If you are a nurse who seriously wants to further your vocational career by completing more education programs, or you are just an individual who is brand new to this nursing field and is looking into going into a medical field but has demanding work and personal responsibilities and is not able to attend school at a conventional university campus setting, then an online nurse training school may be precisely what the career doctor ordered.
Suitable for brand new students willing to get involved with the health care career field, high quality internet based occupational packages and customized instruction systems are suitable for working on your new degree.
Working nurses who have already got a degree may consider enrolling in internet based continuing education programs and classroom-based healthcare coaching that may help them perform better at work or maybe even move on to attain their master’s diploma in healthcare.
Become a Registered Nurse or RN
There actually are three avenues to wind up as an RN.
1. Acquire your BSN (bachelor’s of science degree in nursing) ;
2. Wrap up your associate’s degree in nursing;
3. Acquire a completion diploma in nursing.
A bachelor degree usually takes four years to complete, the associate degree is commonly two to three years or less, and a nurse training completion diploma takes about three years.
LVN, LPN and Online Study Options
Many applicants may wish to focus on a job as a licensed practical nurse, or LPN. These types of participants start class programs which take just one year to completely finish.
LPNs attend to men and women who are often hurt, suffering, or just can’t take care of themselves. LPNs are regularly directed by RNs or doctors. Several activities of the typical LPN encompass obtaining vital indicators, dressing wounds and cuts, delivering bedside care, coordinating meals and beverages and performing many other specified tasks.
A Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) need to be authorized to work by completing the appropriate formal education and successfully passing a test. Since a large number of LVNs are frequently needed to be on the job weekends and holidays while taking good care of their patients, being very understanding is really important for these positions.
As you finish off many of your modules and get close to graduating, nearly all colleges and schools do their best to give job placement direction and employment development recommendations.
This short list can get you started:
- Fortis offers nursing programs including ADN, PN, BSN degrees, and more
- 40+ schools in 15 states including Florida, Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia
- All colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or other accrediting bodies
- Fortis Online serves benefits to US military service members
- Grants & scholarship aid may be available for qualifying students
- Associate Degree in Nursing
- Practical Nursing
- PN RN Associate Degree Bridge Program
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- MSN: Health Policy
- MSN: Community Health
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing
Making the decision to earn your degree and pursue your career goals could be the best decision you ever make. Enroll at ECPI University and you’ll join a collaborative and fostering learning environment, surrounded by faculty and staff who are there to support you through the entire process.
What sets ECPI University apart? Just ask the employers who hire our graduates. Since 1966, more than 3,800 employers have looked to ECPI for talented professionals who are capable of entering the workplace and doing the job right on the very first day. That’s because our curriculum is designed to meet the needs of today’s highly-specialized job market.
What Are You Waiting For?
- Nursing (RN) - Associate's
- Practical Nursing - Diploma
- Medical Assisting - Associate's
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
Designed by RNs for RNs
Chamberlain’s RN to BSN option offers convenient 100% online coursework, no mandatory login times and no campus visits. This flexible framework allows you to continue in your current role while you pursue your degree. And, because the curriculum is developed and taught by RNs who are also educators, you know you are learning what you need to push your skills forward now – and in the future.
- RN to BSN Online Option
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
A student in Virginia Beach can enroll in a variety of other training programs — click here.