Nursing is a great career field — but is it right for you?
If you are a nurse who seriously wants to further your vocational career by completing more education programs, or you are just an individual who is brand new to this nursing field and is looking into going into a medical field but has demanding work and personal responsibilities and is not able to attend school at a conventional university campus setting, then an online nurse training school may be precisely what the career doctor ordered.
Suitable for brand new students willing to get involved with the health care career field, high quality internet based occupational packages and customized instruction systems are suitable for working on your new degree.
Working nurses who have already got a degree may consider enrolling in internet based continuing education programs and classroom-based healthcare coaching that may help them perform better at work or maybe even move on to attain their master’s diploma in healthcare.
Become a Registered Nurse or RN
There actually are three avenues to wind up as an RN.
1. Acquire your BSN (bachelor’s of science degree in nursing) ;
2. Wrap up your associate’s degree in nursing;
3. Acquire a completion diploma in nursing.
A bachelor degree usually takes four years to complete, the associate degree is commonly two to three years or less, and a nurse training completion diploma takes about three years.
LVN, LPN and Online Study Options
Many applicants may wish to focus on a job as a licensed practical nurse, or LPN. These types of participants start class programs which take just one year to completely finish.
LPNs attend to men and women who are often hurt, suffering, or just can’t take care of themselves. LPNs are regularly directed by RNs or doctors. Several activities of the typical LPN encompass obtaining vital indicators, dressing wounds and cuts, delivering bedside care, coordinating meals and beverages and performing many other specified tasks.
A Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) need to be authorized to work by completing the appropriate formal education and successfully passing a test. Since a large number of LVNs are frequently needed to be on the job weekends and holidays while taking good care of their patients, being very understanding is really important for these positions.
As you finish off many of your modules and get close to graduating, nearly all colleges and schools do their best to give job placement direction and employment development recommendations.
This short list can get you started:
- Our mission is to develop skilled nurses who embody the best qualities of the profession
- SACS accredited with campuses in Virginia, Florida, North Carolina & South Carolina
- Two workplace externship opportunities to give you hands-on experience
- Practical Nursing (PN), Nursing Degree (ADN), and Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Qualifying students can take faith in EPCI’s unwavering Fixed Tuition Pledge
- Nursing (RN) - Associate's
- Practical Nursing - Diploma
- Medical Assisting - Associate's
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Doctor of Philosophy in Nursing: Nursing Education
Designed by RNs for RNs
Chamberlain’s RN to BSN option offers convenient 100% online coursework, no mandatory login times and no campus visits. This flexible framework allows you to continue in your current role while you pursue your degree. And, because the curriculum is developed and taught by RNs who are also educators, you know you are learning what you need to push your skills forward now – and in the future.
Important information about the educational debt, earnings, and completion rates of students who attended Chamberlain University can be found at http://chamberlain.edu/ge
- RN to BSN Online Option
A student in Virginia Beach can enroll in a variety of other training programs — click here.