Nursing is a great career field — but is it right for you?
If you are a nurse who seriously wants to further your vocational career by completing more education programs, or you are just an individual who is brand new to this nursing field and is looking into going into a medical field but has demanding work and personal responsibilities and is not able to attend school at a conventional university campus setting, then an online nurse training school may be precisely what the career doctor ordered.
Suitable for brand new students willing to get involved with the health care career field, high quality internet based occupational packages and customized instruction systems are suitable for working on your new degree.
Working nurses who have already got a degree may consider enrolling in internet based continuing education programs and classroom-based healthcare coaching that may help them perform better at work or maybe even move on to attain their master’s diploma in healthcare.
Become a Registered Nurse or RN
There actually are three avenues to wind up as an RN.
1. Acquire your BSN (bachelor’s of science degree in nursing) ;
2. Wrap up your associate’s degree in nursing;
3. Acquire a completion diploma in nursing.
A bachelor degree usually takes four years to complete, the associate degree is commonly two to three years or less, and a nurse training completion diploma takes about three years.
LVN, LPN and Online Study Options
Many applicants may wish to focus on a job as a licensed practical nurse, or LPN. These types of participants start class programs which take just one year to completely finish.
LPNs attend to men and women who are often hurt, suffering, or just can’t take care of themselves. LPNs are regularly directed by RNs or doctors. Several activities of the typical LPN encompass obtaining vital indicators, dressing wounds and cuts, delivering bedside care, coordinating meals and beverages and performing many other specified tasks.
A Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) need to be authorized to work by completing the appropriate formal education and successfully passing a test. Since a large number of LVNs are frequently needed to be on the job weekends and holidays while taking good care of their patients, being very understanding is really important for these positions.
As you finish off many of your modules and get close to graduating, nearly all colleges and schools do their best to give job placement direction and employment development recommendations.
This short list can get you started:
- Fortis offers nursing programs including ADN, PN, BSN degrees, and more
- 40+ schools in 15 states including Florida, Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia
- All colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or other accrediting bodies
- Fortis Online serves benefits to US military service members
- Grants & scholarship aid may be available for qualifying students
- Associate Degree in Nursing
- Practical Nursing
- PN RN Associate Degree Bridge Program
- And more...
- Current RNs can choose from RN to BSN or RN to MSN online programs
- RN-to-BSN program offers courses in Illness and Disease Management, Principles of Assessment, and Holistic Professional Nursing
- RN to MSN specializations include Family Nurse Practitioner, Adult-Gerontology and more
- Courses help develop students’ assessment, patient care, and community outreach skills
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
- Our mission is to develop skilled nurses who embody the best qualities of the profession
- SACS accredited with campuses in Virginia, Florida, North Carolina & South Carolina
- Two workplace externship opportunities to give you hands-on experience
- Practical Nursing (PN), Nursing Degree (ADN), and Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Qualifying students can take faith in EPCI’s unwavering Fixed Tuition Pledge
- Practical Nursing - Diploma
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Globaldelivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing - RN to BSN
- MS in Nursing
- And more...
As few as 20 months
Nursing@Simmons enables Registered Nurses to earn an MSN online from Simmons College and prepare to pursue certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner in as few as 20 months.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
A student in Virginia Beach can enroll in a variety of other training programs — click here.