The nursing field can be a terrific career for the right person.
If you are already a full-time nurse who wants to grow your career by registering in new training classes, or if you are someone who is new to this healthcare field and is contemplating going into a healthcare field but is strapped for time and just can’t attend school at a typical college classroom setting, an online nurse training program is often exactly what the career doctor prescribed.
For the purpose of prospective students attempting to get started in the health career field, good web based occupational packages and special education courses are intended for attaining your new degree.
Experienced nurses who already have their degree may take online continuing education instruction and campus-based vocational training that can them do a better job and maybe even move on in order to earn their graduate degree in health care.
Becoming a Registered Nurse (RN)
There are generally three means to transform into an RN.
1. Earn your BSN (bachelors of science degree in nursing) ;
2. Complete your associate degree in nursing;
3. Earn a diploma in nursing.
A bachelors degree normally takes four years of university study to finish, the associate’s degree is about generally two years, and a nursing completion diploma may take up to three years.
LVN, LPN and Online Study Options
Certain students will want to start a career as a licensed practical nurse, or LPN. Most of these attendees enter courses and training which require approximately one year to finish.
LPNs attend to folks who are injured, suffering, or are having trouble taking care of themselves. LPNs are generally supervised by head nurses or doctors. Various tasks of a typical LPN consist of taking key vital signs, cleaning cuts and wounds, imparting bedside care, prepping meals and beverages and carrying out numerous other specified assignments.
The Licensed Vocational Nurse or LVN does need to be credentialed to work by successfully finishing the appropriate formal coursework and successfully completing the state test. Considering that the majority of LVNs are all too often expected to work at different times of the day and night while caring for their patients, being a caring individual is absolutely necessary for these positions.
As you get through many of your required classes and get near to graduating, nearly all colleges and schools work real hard to furnish job placement suggestions and vocation development guidance.
Affordable schools you can check out:
- Current RNs can choose from RN to BSN or RN to MSN online programs
- RN-to-BSN program offers courses in Illness and Disease Management, Principles of Assessment, and Holistic Professional Nursing
- RN to MSN specializations include Family Nurse Practitioner, Adult-Gerontology and more
- Courses help develop students’ assessment, patient care, and community outreach skills
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Health Informatics
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- M.S. in Nursing: Nursing Leadership in Health Care Systems
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- BSN: RNs: Post Licensure: Global Studies
- MSN: Master of Nursing - MS in Healthcare Administration (Dual)
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- BecomeANurseOnline.com - 100% Online/Campus Nursing Diploma Programs Available
- Are You Ready to Start Earning Your Nursing Degree in 2018? Find Affordable and Flexible CNA Programs Here!
- Answer a Few Questions to Get Free Info on Online or Campus CNA Programs Within Minutes
- Choose from Diploma, Associate, and Certificate Level Nursing Degree Options
- Get Matched to Nursing Programs Today—It's Fast, Easy, and Free!
A Washington State student has a world of additional options – read more.