The nursing field can be a terrific career for the right person.
If you are already a full-time nurse who wants to grow your career by registering in new training classes, or if you are someone who is new to this healthcare field and is contemplating going into a healthcare field but is strapped for time and just can’t attend school at a typical college classroom setting, an online nurse training program is often exactly what the career doctor prescribed.
For the purpose of prospective students attempting to get started in the health career field, good web based occupational packages and special education courses are intended for attaining your new degree.
Experienced nurses who already have their degree may take online continuing education instruction and campus-based vocational training that can them do a better job and maybe even move on in order to earn their graduate degree in health care.
Becoming a Registered Nurse (RN)
There are generally three means to transform into an RN.
1. Earn your BSN (bachelors of science degree in nursing) ;
2. Complete your associate degree in nursing;
3. Earn a diploma in nursing.
A bachelors degree normally takes four years of university study to finish, the associate’s degree is about generally two years, and a nursing completion diploma may take up to three years.
LVN, LPN and Online Study Options
Certain students will want to start a career as a licensed practical nurse, or LPN. Most of these attendees enter courses and training which require approximately one year to finish.
LPNs attend to folks who are injured, suffering, or are having trouble taking care of themselves. LPNs are generally supervised by head nurses or doctors. Various tasks of a typical LPN consist of taking key vital signs, cleaning cuts and wounds, imparting bedside care, prepping meals and beverages and carrying out numerous other specified assignments.
The Licensed Vocational Nurse or LVN does need to be credentialed to work by successfully finishing the appropriate formal coursework and successfully completing the state test. Considering that the majority of LVNs are all too often expected to work at different times of the day and night while caring for their patients, being a caring individual is absolutely necessary for these positions.
As you get through many of your required classes and get near to graduating, nearly all colleges and schools work real hard to furnish job placement suggestions and vocation development guidance.
Affordable schools you can check out:
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- M.S. in Nursing: Health Care Informatics (Bridge)
- M.S. in Nursing: Public Health (Bridge)
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
You can prepare for a new career with help from Charter College. Our accelerated Associates Degree, and Certificate programs are designed to help you complete your education as quickly as possible. We offer year-round classes and flexible scheduling - study anytime from anywhere. We provide students not only with the technical skills necessary for success, but also job search and placement assistance so you can find new opportunities after graduation.
- Certificate - Medical Assistant
- RN to BSN
A Washington State student has a world of additional options – read more.