The nursing field can be a terrific career for the right person.
If you are already a full-time nurse who wants to grow your career by registering in new training classes, or if you are someone who is new to this healthcare field and is contemplating going into a healthcare field but is strapped for time and just can’t attend school at a typical college classroom setting, an online nurse training program is often exactly what the career doctor prescribed.
For the purpose of prospective students attempting to get started in the health career field, good web based occupational packages and special education courses are intended for attaining your new degree.
Experienced nurses who already have their degree may take online continuing education instruction and campus-based vocational training that can them do a better job and maybe even move on in order to earn their graduate degree in health care.
Becoming a Registered Nurse (RN)
There are generally three means to transform into an RN.
1. Earn your BSN (bachelors of science degree in nursing) ;
2. Complete your associate degree in nursing;
3. Earn a diploma in nursing.
A bachelors degree normally takes four years of university study to finish, the associate’s degree is about generally two years, and a nursing completion diploma may take up to three years.
LVN, LPN and Online Study Options
Certain students will want to start a career as a licensed practical nurse, or LPN. Most of these attendees enter courses and training which require approximately one year to finish.
LPNs attend to folks who are injured, suffering, or are having trouble taking care of themselves. LPNs are generally supervised by head nurses or doctors. Various tasks of a typical LPN consist of taking key vital signs, cleaning cuts and wounds, imparting bedside care, prepping meals and beverages and carrying out numerous other specified assignments.
The Licensed Vocational Nurse or LVN does need to be credentialed to work by successfully finishing the appropriate formal coursework and successfully completing the state test. Considering that the majority of LVNs are all too often expected to work at different times of the day and night while caring for their patients, being a caring individual is absolutely necessary for these positions.
As you get through many of your required classes and get near to graduating, nearly all colleges and schools work real hard to furnish job placement suggestions and vocation development guidance.
Affordable schools you can check out:
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- M.S. in Nursing: Health Care Informatics (Bridge)
- M.S. in Nursing: Public Health (Bridge)
- And more...
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- MS in Nursing
- Executive Leader Graduate Certificate
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion)
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Education
As few as 20 months
Nursing@Simmons enables Registered Nurses to earn an MSN online from Simmons College and prepare to pursue certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner in as few as 20 months.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
Abilene Christian University is a national leader in Christian higher education and a place where students, faculty, staff and alumni make a real difference in the world.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
You can prepare for a new career with help from Charter College. Our accelerated Associates Degree, and Certificate programs are designed to help you complete your education as quickly as possible. We offer year-round classes and flexible scheduling - study anytime from anywhere. We provide students not only with the technical skills necessary for success, but also job search and placement assistance so you can find new opportunities after graduation.
- Certificate - Medical Assistant
A Washington State student has a world of additional options – read more.