The nursing field can be a terrific career for the right person.
If you are already a full-time nurse who wants to grow your career by registering in new training classes, or if you are someone who is new to this healthcare field and is contemplating going into a healthcare field but is strapped for time and just can’t attend school at a typical college classroom setting, an online nurse training program is often exactly what the career doctor prescribed.
For the purpose of prospective students attempting to get started in the health career field, good web based occupational packages and special education courses are intended for attaining your new degree.
Experienced nurses who already have their degree may take online continuing education instruction and campus-based vocational training that can them do a better job and maybe even move on in order to earn their graduate degree in health care.
Becoming a Registered Nurse (RN)
There are generally three means to transform into an RN.
1. Earn your BSN (bachelors of science degree in nursing) ;
2. Complete your associate degree in nursing;
3. Earn a diploma in nursing.
A bachelors degree normally takes four years of university study to finish, the associate’s degree is about generally two years, and a nursing completion diploma may take up to three years.
LVN, LPN and Online Study Options
Certain students will want to start a career as a licensed practical nurse, or LPN. Most of these attendees enter courses and training which require approximately one year to finish.
LPNs attend to folks who are injured, suffering, or are having trouble taking care of themselves. LPNs are generally supervised by head nurses or doctors. Various tasks of a typical LPN consist of taking key vital signs, cleaning cuts and wounds, imparting bedside care, prepping meals and beverages and carrying out numerous other specified assignments.
The Licensed Vocational Nurse or LVN does need to be credentialed to work by successfully finishing the appropriate formal coursework and successfully completing the state test. Considering that the majority of LVNs are all too often expected to work at different times of the day and night while caring for their patients, being a caring individual is absolutely necessary for these positions.
As you get through many of your required classes and get near to graduating, nearly all colleges and schools work real hard to furnish job placement suggestions and vocation development guidance.
Affordable schools you can check out:
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Globaldelivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing - RN to BSN
- MS in Nursing
- And more...
As few as 20 months
Nursing@Simmons enables Registered Nurses to earn an MSN online from Simmons College and prepare to pursue certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner in as few as 20 months.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
You can prepare for a new career with help from Charter College. Our accelerated Associates Degree, and Certificate programs are designed to help you complete your education as quickly as possible. We offer year-round classes and flexible scheduling - study anytime from anywhere. We provide students not only with the technical skills necessary for success, but also job search and placement assistance so you can find new opportunities after graduation.
- Certificate - Medical Assistant
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
A Washington State student has a world of additional options – read more.