Are you considering a career in the healthcare field?
If you are already a nurse who would really like to advance your career by registering in continuing training programs, or if you are an individual new to the career field and is planning on going into a medical field but is tight on time and cannot attend classes at a typical school campus setting, then an online nursing school may be precisely what the career doctor recommended.
For prospective students willing to get involved in the medical care industry, good web-based occupational opportunities and focused education classes are available for getting your new diploma.
Current nurses who currently have a diploma may take internet-based continuing education classes and classroom-based health coaching to help them at their job and perhaps continue on to attain their master’s degree in health care.
How to become a Registered Nurse (RN)
There are really three alternatives to turn into an RN.
1. Acquire your BSN (bachelor of science degree in nursing) diploma;
2. Earn your associates diploma in nursing;
3. Attain a diploma in nursing.
A bachelor’s degree can take four years of college earn it, the associate degree is roughly generally two years, and a nursing diploma three years.
LPN, LVN and Online Study Options
Many students might choose to pursue a career as a licensed practical nurse, or LPN. These types of attendees get into training programs which take about one full year to complete.
LPNs take care of folks who might be hurt, in pain, or can’t take care of themselves. LPNs are typically directed by head nurses or physicians. Just a few of the responsibilities of a LPN include checking key vital signs, attending to wounds, delivering bedside care, prepping meals and undertaking many other specified duties.
A Licensed Vocational Nurse or LVN has to be credentialed to work through finishing all the necessary formal education and passing a test. While the vast majority of LVNs are many times expected to work work long hours while taking care of their patients, being a caring individual is fundamental in these careers.
As you pass many of your modules and get closer to graduating, most colleges and schools work hard to supply employment placement guidelines and vocation advancement recommendations.
Our list of affordable schools:
- Trusted San Antonio college and Institution of the Year 2018 offering campus-based and online accredited programs in Aviation Maintenance, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Business, and Nursing.
- Accelerated programs designed with affordability and convenience in mind. Achieve your professional goals faster and affordably. Financial aid, scholarships, and U.S. veterans benefits available.
- Hallmark University offers master’s, bachelor’s, and associate’s degrees that align with current industry needs to give graduates the best opportunity for success.
- Hallmark's Student Affairs’ team works directly with industry leaders to assist students in securing employment after they graduate. Our goal is 90% placement within 90 days of graduation!
- Hallmark's 20:1 student-teacher ratio allow instructors to give students constant, personal help and attention. And with 6 terms a year, you never need to wait to apply. Get started today!
- Bachelor of Science - Nursing
- Bachelor of Science - Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Master of Science - Nursing Education
Making the decision to earn your degree and pursue your career goals could be the best decision you ever make. Enroll at ECPI University and you’ll join a collaborative and fostering learning environment, surrounded by faculty and staff who are there to support you through the entire process.
What sets ECPI University apart? Just ask the employers who hire our graduates. Since 1966, more than 3,800 employers have looked to ECPI for talented professionals who are capable of entering the workplace and doing the job right on the very first day. That’s because our curriculum is designed to meet the needs of today’s highly-specialized job market.
What Are You Waiting For?
- Nursing (RN) - Associate's
- Practical Nursing - Diploma
- Medical Assisting - Associate's
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Doctor of Philosophy in Nursing: Nursing Education
A WV student can decide between many different careers – learn more.