Are you considering a career in the healthcare field?
If you are already a nurse who would really like to advance your career by registering in continuing training programs, or if you are an individual new to the career field and is planning on going into a medical field but is tight on time and cannot attend classes at a typical school campus setting, then an online nursing school may be precisely what the career doctor recommended.
For prospective students willing to get involved in the medical care industry, good web-based occupational opportunities and focused education classes are available for getting your new diploma.
Current nurses who currently have a diploma may take internet-based continuing education classes and classroom-based health coaching to help them at their job and perhaps continue on to attain their master’s degree in health care.
How to become a Registered Nurse (RN)
There are really three alternatives to turn into an RN.
1. Acquire your BSN (bachelor of science degree in nursing) diploma;
2. Earn your associates diploma in nursing;
3. Attain a diploma in nursing.
A bachelor’s degree can take four years of college earn it, the associate degree is roughly generally two years, and a nursing diploma three years.
LPN, LVN and Online Study Options
Many students might choose to pursue a career as a licensed practical nurse, or LPN. These types of attendees get into training programs which take about one full year to complete.
LPNs take care of folks who might be hurt, in pain, or can’t take care of themselves. LPNs are typically directed by head nurses or physicians. Just a few of the responsibilities of a LPN include checking key vital signs, attending to wounds, delivering bedside care, prepping meals and undertaking many other specified duties.
A Licensed Vocational Nurse or LVN has to be credentialed to work through finishing all the necessary formal education and passing a test. While the vast majority of LVNs are many times expected to work work long hours while taking care of their patients, being a caring individual is fundamental in these careers.
As you pass many of your modules and get closer to graduating, most colleges and schools work hard to supply employment placement guidelines and vocation advancement recommendations.
Our list of affordable schools:
- RNs, join one of GCU's CCNE-accredited bachelor's, master's or doctoral nursing programs.
- Offering a full spectrum of nursing programs to fit your education needs and career aspirations.
- Online and evening classes designed to meet the needs of working students and adults.
- A holistic, physical, emotional and spiritual approach to patient care is taught in the classroom.
- Curriculum that connects classroom theories to working scenarios through many modalities.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- And more...
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- MS in Nursing
- Executive Leader Graduate Certificate
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion)
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Education
As few as 20 months
Nursing@Simmons enables Registered Nurses to earn an MSN online from Simmons College and prepare to pursue certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner in as few as 20 months.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
Making the decision to earn your degree and pursue your career goals could be the best decision you ever make. Enroll at ECPI University and you’ll join a collaborative and fostering learning environment, surrounded by faculty and staff who are there to support you through the entire process.
What sets ECPI University apart? Just ask the employers who hire our graduates. Since 1966, more than 3,800 employers have looked to ECPI for talented professionals who are capable of entering the workplace and doing the job right on the very first day. That’s because our curriculum is designed to meet the needs of today’s highly-specialized job market.
What Are You Waiting For?
- Nursing (RN) - Associate's
- Practical Nursing - Diploma
- Medical Assisting - Associate's
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
Abilene Christian University is a national leader in Christian higher education and a place where students, faculty, staff and alumni make a real difference in the world.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
A WV student can decide between many different careers – learn more.