Are you considering a career in the healthcare field?
If you are already a nurse who would really like to advance your career by registering in continuing training programs, or if you are an individual new to the career field and is planning on going into a medical field but is tight on time and cannot attend classes at a typical school campus setting, then an online nursing school may be precisely what the career doctor recommended.
For prospective students willing to get involved in the medical care industry, good web-based occupational opportunities and focused education classes are available for getting your new diploma.
Current nurses who currently have a diploma may take internet-based continuing education classes and classroom-based health coaching to help them at their job and perhaps continue on to attain their master’s degree in health care.
How to become a Registered Nurse (RN)
There are really three alternatives to turn into an RN.
1. Acquire your BSN (bachelor of science degree in nursing) diploma;
2. Earn your associates diploma in nursing;
3. Attain a diploma in nursing.
A bachelor’s degree can take four years of college earn it, the associate degree is roughly generally two years, and a nursing diploma three years.
LPN, LVN and Online Study Options
Many students might choose to pursue a career as a licensed practical nurse, or LPN. These types of attendees get into training programs which take about one full year to complete.
LPNs take care of folks who might be hurt, in pain, or can’t take care of themselves. LPNs are typically directed by head nurses or physicians. Just a few of the responsibilities of a LPN include checking key vital signs, attending to wounds, delivering bedside care, prepping meals and undertaking many other specified duties.
A Licensed Vocational Nurse or LVN has to be credentialed to work through finishing all the necessary formal education and passing a test. While the vast majority of LVNs are many times expected to work work long hours while taking care of their patients, being a caring individual is fundamental in these careers.
As you pass many of your modules and get closer to graduating, most colleges and schools work hard to supply employment placement guidelines and vocation advancement recommendations.
Our list of affordable schools:
- Current RNs can choose from RN to BSN or RN to MSN online programs
- RN-to-BSN program offers courses in Illness and Disease Management, Principles of Assessment, and Holistic Professional Nursing
- RN to MSN specializations include Family Nurse Practitioner, Adult-Gerontology and more
- Courses help develop students’ assessment, patient care, and community outreach skills
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
- Baker College is the largest independent college in Michigan with the most focused approach to education and training available.
- Our mission is to prepare you for meaningful employment. We’re proud to have a 97 percent employment rate among our available graduates.
- In addition, all our graduates receive Lifetime Employment Assistance—free and forever.Discover how Baker College can help you prepare for a great career.
- Schedule a visit or request more information to get started.
- Nursing (Pre-licensure) - Bachelor
- Practical Nurse - Certificate
- Nursing - Associate
- And more...
Making the decision to earn your degree and pursue your career goals could be the best decision you ever make. Enroll at ECPI University and you’ll join a collaborative and fostering learning environment, surrounded by faculty and staff who are there to support you through the entire process.
What sets ECPI University apart? Just ask the employers who hire our graduates. Since 1966, more than 3,800 employers have looked to ECPI for talented professionals who are capable of entering the workplace and doing the job right on the very first day. That’s because our curriculum is designed to meet the needs of today’s highly-specialized job market.
What Are You Waiting For?
- Nursing (RN) - Associate's
- Practical Nursing - Diploma
- Medical Assisting - Associate's
Abilene Christian University is a national leader in Christian higher education and a place where students, faculty, staff and alumni make a real difference in the world.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
A WV student can decide between many different careers – learn more.