Nursing offers many different career paths. Maybe one is right for you?
If you are already a working nurse who really wants to expand your career by enrolling in continuing education courses, or you are a person who is new to this industry and is planning on entering the nursing field but has demanding work and personal responsibilities and just can’t commute to school at a usual college classroom setting, then an online nurse training program can be precisely what the career doctor recommended.
Designed for new, prospective students hoping to get started working in the health field, suitable online vocational opportunities and specialty instruction courses are suitable for obtaining your new diploma.
Working nurses who already have got a diploma can take web-based continuing education lessons and classroom-based health training in order to them at their job and possibly move on in order to attain their graduate degree in health care.
Become a Registered Nurse (RN)
There are generally three options to become an RN.
1. Finish your BSN (bachelor’s of science diploma in nursing) ;
2. Get your associate degree in nursing;
3. Complete a completion diploma in nursing.
A bachelor’s degree might take four years of university study to complete, an associates degree is roughly two to three years or less, and a nursing completion diploma takes about three years.
LVN, LPN and Online Class Options
Certain men and women may want to begin a career as a licensed practical nurse, or LPN. These types of attendees end up in training programs which require just about one year to completely finish.
LPNs take care of people who are hurt, sick, or are having trouble taking care of themselves. LPNs are usually supervised by RNs or medical doctors. Numerous demands of a typical LPN consist of obtaining critical signs, attending to cuts and wounds, giving bedside care, scheduling meals and carrying out other types of assigned activities.
A Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) need to be authorized to work through successfully completing the required classes and training and successfully passing a test. Considering the fact that nearly all LVNs are in many cases required to be on the job at different times of the day and night while caring for their patients, being a caring individual is imperative in these positions.
As you wrap up the majority of your classes and get close to graduating, virtually all schools do their best to present employment placement assistance and vocation growth tips.
We have a list of affordable options:
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Health Informatics
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- And more...
CTU Classes Are As Close As The Mobile App.
Take classes with the help of your smartphone, tablet or laptop. CTU’s online bachelor’s programs were ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News & World Report.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion)
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Education
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (BSN to MSN-FNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Family Nurse Practitioner Track (BSN to DNP)
- And more...
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- RN-BSN (Bachelor of Science) - Online
- MSN Nursing Administration & Leadership (Master of Science) - Online
- Dual Degree: MSN-MBA (MSN-MBA) - Online
- And more...
- RN to BSN
- View Certificates, Associates or Bachelors Degree Programs in Medical Assisting Near YOU!
- Free Information for Medical Assisting, Healthcare Administration, Medical Billing, Coding & Transcription Degree Programs & MORE.
- Enter YOUR Needs and Requirements & Get Matched to the Perfect Campus or Online Degree Programs.
- Accredited, Flexible and Affordable Medical Assisting Programs that Fit Your Time & Budget. Use our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
A Milwaukee college student has plenty of options in other fields — check it out.