Nursing offers many different career paths. Maybe one is right for you?
If you are already a working nurse who really wants to expand your career by enrolling in continuing education courses, or you are a person who is new to this industry and is planning on entering the nursing field but has demanding work and personal responsibilities and just can’t commute to school at a usual college classroom setting, then an online nurse training program can be precisely what the career doctor recommended.
Designed for new, prospective students hoping to get started working in the health field, suitable online vocational opportunities and specialty instruction courses are suitable for obtaining your new diploma.
Working nurses who already have got a diploma can take web-based continuing education lessons and classroom-based health training in order to them at their job and possibly move on in order to attain their graduate degree in health care.
Become a Registered Nurse (RN)
There are generally three options to become an RN.
1. Finish your BSN (bachelor’s of science diploma in nursing) ;
2. Get your associate degree in nursing;
3. Complete a completion diploma in nursing.
A bachelor’s degree might take four years of university study to complete, an associates degree is roughly two to three years or less, and a nursing completion diploma takes about three years.
LVN, LPN and Online Class Options
Certain men and women may want to begin a career as a licensed practical nurse, or LPN. These types of attendees end up in training programs which require just about one year to completely finish.
LPNs take care of people who are hurt, sick, or are having trouble taking care of themselves. LPNs are usually supervised by RNs or medical doctors. Numerous demands of a typical LPN consist of obtaining critical signs, attending to cuts and wounds, giving bedside care, scheduling meals and carrying out other types of assigned activities.
A Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) need to be authorized to work through successfully completing the required classes and training and successfully passing a test. Considering the fact that nearly all LVNs are in many cases required to be on the job at different times of the day and night while caring for their patients, being a caring individual is imperative in these positions.
As you wrap up the majority of your classes and get close to graduating, virtually all schools do their best to present employment placement assistance and vocation growth tips.
We have a list of affordable options:
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
As few as 20 months
Nursing@Simmons enables Registered Nurses to earn an MSN online from Simmons College and prepare to pursue certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner in as few as 20 months.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
A Milwaukee college student has plenty of options in other fields — check it out.