Thinking about getting started in the healthcare field?
If you are already a working nurse who wants to expand your career by registering for new education classes, or if you are a person who is new to this field and is curious about becoming a nurse but doesn’t have much spare time and simply cannot attend school at a traditional college classroom environment, then an online nurse training school could be just what the career doctor recommended.
For the purpose of new, prospective students eager to get involved in the health field, suitable web based vocational packages and customized instruction courses are suitable for completing your new diploma.
Professional nurses who already have got a degree can consider signing up for internet-based continuing education programs and classroom-based health coaching that may help advance their careers and even move on to earn their graduate diploma in health care.
How to become a Registered Nurse or RN
There are usually three approaches to end up an RN.
1. Get your BSN (bachelor of science diploma in nursing) degree;
2. Earn your associates degree in nursing;
3. Earn a completion diploma in nursing.
Your bachelor’s degree normally takes four years of university study in order to complete, the associate’s degree is generally two years, and a nursing diploma takes about three years.
LPN, LVN and Online Program Options
Many students will want to focus on a career as a licensed practical nurse, or LPN. A majority of these attendees start programs which require roughly a year to finish.
LPNs look after people who have been hurt, suffering, or are having trouble taking care of themselves. LPNs are routinely managed by RNs or doctors. Several responsibilities of the typical LPN include obtaining a patient’s vital signs, attending to wounds, delivering bedside attention, coordinating meals and performing many other specified tasks.
A Licensed Vocational Nurse or LVN does need to be accredited to work through completing all the necessary classes and training and successfully passing the state examination. Because the majority of LVNs are many times needed to be on the job at different times of the day and night while looking after their patients, being a caring individual is imperative for these positions.
As you pass many of your modules and get near graduation, the vast majority of schools do their best to provide you with employment placement aid and employment growth help and advice.
Look through this short list:
- Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- Degree Variety: GCU offers a full-spectrum of nursing programs including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as post-master’s certificates.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Grand Canyon University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu-accreditation).
- GCU provides a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Depending on the degree you choose, you could take online, evening, or on-campus classes. Speak with an enrollment counselor to discuss your options!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (BSN to MSN-FNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Family Nurse Practitioner Track (BSN to DNP)
- And more...
- RN to BSN
A WY student can pick from many different fields. Find out more.